My LSAT Help please

bagels24

My LSAT Help please

Postby bagels24 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:17 pm

So, I just took my LSAT this past Saturday and I felt like I did very well, just not what I think I am capable of scoring. I am feeling in the worst case scenario 157 and best 163. I have contacted all of the schools that I want to go to and they say that they do not hold it against you if you retake the LSAT. They all said that they take the higher score, but from what I heard they are obligated to tell you that and some of them actually average your scores together. I want to score a 165+(which I have been in my practice tests) so should I cancel my score or just keep it. I am already signed up to take it again in December.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Bagels24

spets

Re: My LSAT Help please

Postby spets » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:25 pm

bagels24 wrote:So, I just took my LSAT this past Saturday and I felt like I did very well, just not what I think I am capable of scoring. I am feeling in the worst case scenario 157 and best 163. I have contacted all of the schools that I want to go to and they say that they do not hold it against you if you retake the LSAT. They all said that they take the higher score, but from what I heard they are obligated to tell you that and some of them actually average your scores together. I want to score a 165+(which I have been in my practice tests) so should I cancel my score or just keep it. I am already signed up to take it again in December.

Thanks a lot,
Bagels24

I don't think they'd deceive you out right, so I think keeping the score is a valid option. That being said, if you know for sure you can do better, one score is slightly better than two, I'd say. Don't forget to factor in the possibility of your December testing conditions being worse due to flu or other illnesses.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:50 pm

bagels24 wrote:So, I just took my LSAT this past Saturday and I felt like I did very well, just not what I think I am capable of scoring. I am feeling in the worst case scenario 157 and best 163. I have contacted all of the schools that I want to go to and they say that they do not hold it against you if you retake the LSAT. They all said that they take the higher score, but from what I heard they are obligated to tell you that and some of them actually average your scores together. I want to score a 165+(which I have been in my practice tests) so should I cancel my score or just keep it. I am already signed up to take it again in December.

Thanks a lot,
Bagels24

If a 163 is your goal, don't worry about it. The schools that still average are those that wouldn't take anything below a 167.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Almost every school takes the highest. If they consider or average all scores they will tell you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”