Successful multiple retakers-how do you pick yourself up? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
pppokerface

Bronze

Successful multiple retakers-how do you pick yourself up?

Post by pppokerface » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:07 pm

For those who retook the test after doing poorly on the second time, how did you...I'm not sure how to say this, but "emotionally recover?" I'm afraid that I did poorly on the October test (bombed Dec 09). It would be such a self esteem blow-what did you tell yourself? I hope I don't sound too lame right now lol...

Jackson Pollock

Bronze

Re: Successful multiple retakers-how do you pick yourself up?

Post by Jackson Pollock » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:32 pm

I only took it twice, but after failing the first time, I told myself that I was going to sabotage LSAC's bullshit 3 point score band.

I listened to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4PN7Xbexq4

Lame, I know, but hey, it worked.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:40 pm

Spent a day feeling sorry for myself and then hit the books. Got a 145 first time, 154 2nd, 157 third and awaiting fourth. I dont sleep before the test usually but this last time I did, and I have made a lot of progress since the 145. I was having some health problems.

nStiver

Bronze

Post by nStiver » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Just hit it harder man. I took it three times. The first time I had been PTing in the 168-169 range--I got a 158 on the real thing because I pussed out under pressure. I just hit the prepping like a maniac and got a 164 the 2nd time. Not great, but better. I just took the October 2010 test and I think I may have hit 170. Only time will tell. Just practice practice practice, and learn to separate your ego from your LSAT score.

TeamBadass

New

Post by TeamBadass » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:37 pm

I took the test in June and totally blew it. I knew the second I walked out of that testing room and wish I cancelled. I spent about a week crying and then another week crying after I got my score back. Here's how I recovered:

1. Read inspiring books (try "The Art of Racing in the Rain")

2. My tutor told me to "get [my] sh*t together"

3. I got my sh*t together. I made sure my apartment was clean. I made sure to get up early every morning - the first time my alarm went off. I worked out every day. It's all about discipline. It's impossible to be fully disciplined in one aspect of your life if you're slacking in other aspects.

The key to rocking the LSAT is honesty and discipline. You need to be able to make the same mistakes several times and learn from them. Be honest with yourself.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”