Experience test estimator vs TLS test estimator Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
incompetentia

Gold

Re: Experience test estimator vs TLS test estimator

Post by incompetentia » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:00 am

rinkrat19 wrote:I think I'm really glad that I can't remember most of the test well enough to obsess over individual questions. I remember a few topics, but hardly any specifics.
This absolutely. What I do remember has checked out logically...but that's not that much either. My PT range is gigantic...I feel like this could be toward the high end though.

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:15 am

I actually didn't have a feeling coming out of the exam. My head was just mulling over the worst case and the best case...but I really had no idea. TLS has actually confirmed every question that I can remember for me, so if anything I should be feeling better, but none the less I still feel worse. But I think that has to do with the time to think rather than TLS.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:34 am

Coming out of the test: 165
After TLS: 160-165 haha.

However I am the typical perfectionist who says IMA FAIL IMA FAIL all the time and doesn't (usually) fail, most of the time. It's a weird combination of insecurity, a fear of jinxing myself, and a sincere fear of failure.

That said, the wait does weird things to my head. I think of questions randomly when I hear a trigger word (like Shakespeare hahaha or whatever) and I'm like... the answer was this or this... I remember lingering over choices... what did I pick? What was right? Ad infinitum - so it's really making me question myself, and making it hard for me to actually figure out what happened on test day, haha.

lennonist

Bronze

Post by lennonist » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:06 am

eit wrote:Coming out of the test: 165

However I am the typical perfectionist who says IMA FAIL IMA FAIL all the time and doesn't (usually) fail, most of the time. It's a weird combination of insecurity, a fear of jinxing myself, and a sincere fear of failure.

That said, the wait does weird things to my head. I think of questions randomly when I hear a trigger word (like Shakespeare hahaha or whatever) and I'm like... the answer was this or this... I remember lingering over choices... what did I pick? What was right? Ad infinitum - so it's really making me question myself, and making it hard for me to actually figure out what happened on test day, haha.
eit, if of all people YOU are saying 160-165, I don't even know how accurate my prediction can possibly be.

After the test I felt like a 171. Now (and thanks to TLS) more 166.

I don't remember ANY questions. In both LRs combined, I can say i guessed on 6 (3 of them blindly, and others mostly questions i answered to the best of my ability, circled, and promised to come back to them but never did because of lack of time). Hence, I was thinking that if out of 6 i miss 4 and then another 6 in RC+LG, that's -10, which is not bad. But then all these LG doubts start to creep in, and I chase them away asap or I'll get depressed in the 160s abyss :(

Just felt like venting :)

LogicGamez

New

Post by LogicGamez » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:11 am

Coming out: doesn't matter

After TLS: still doesn't matter

Seriously who gives a shit what anyone's "test estimator" is? Just chillax until you receive your actual score in 2 weeks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:02 am

Coming out of the test: 169-173 (PT average)

After lurking on TLS and reading about people horrified because they guessed on one LG question (I guessed on 3.5): 164-166

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:56 am

I'm not sure why people are getting worked up over other people getting worked up. If someone wants to freak out, let them freak out. Seriously, what does "OMG STFU THIS DOESN'T MATTER, STOP FREAKING OUT" do?

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:57 am

LogicGamez wrote:Coming out: doesn't matter

After TLS: still doesn't matter

Seriously who gives a shit what anyone's "test estimator" is? Just chillax until you receive your actual score in 2 weeks.
Then why are you posting? Go take your opinion where it has any sort of merit, the McDonald's down the street.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:59 am

lennonist wrote:
eit wrote:Coming out of the test: 165

eit, if of all people YOU are saying 160-165, I don't even know how accurate my prediction can possibly be.

After the test I felt like a 171. Now (and thanks to TLS) more 166.

I don't remember ANY questions. In both LRs combined, I can say i guessed on 6 (3 of them blindly, and others mostly questions i answered to the best of my ability, circled, and promised to come back to them but never did because of lack of time). Hence, I was thinking that if out of 6 i miss 4 and then another 6 in RC+LG, that's -10, which is not bad. But then all these LG doubts start to creep in, and I chase them away asap or I'll get depressed in the 160s abyss :(

Just felt like venting :)
Keep in mind that I really have no idea how accurate mine is, either (I'm hoping for a 170 at least). So you shouldn't let my guess affect your guess of your score, haha, since none of our guesses really mean anything. And I already said that the wait is messing with my head and I don't know what is post-test fear and what is actual feelings about the test.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LogicGamez

New

Post by LogicGamez » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:59 am

kkklick wrote:Go take your opinion where it has any sort of merit, the McDonald's down the street.
lol yes you got me there...

But continue flooding TLS with this worthless spam

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:04 am

LogicGamez wrote:
kkklick wrote:Go take your opinion where it has any sort of merit, the McDonald's down the street.

And yet, it gets you every time. Easier than shooting fish in a barrel

LogicGamez

New

Post by LogicGamez » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:07 am

kkklick wrote:
LogicGamez wrote:

I hope you're better at logic than you are at sarcasm!

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:10 am

LogicGamez wrote:
kkklick wrote:
LogicGamez wrote:

I hope you're better at logic than you are at sarcasm!
Actually, yes I am in fact 8)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”