Expunged off your record?

Expunged off your record?

Postby waketiger » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:55 am

Ok so I got an MIP my sophomore year, never went to court/plead to anything/etc and the ticket was dismissed and then expunged 6 months later. Will this come up on a background check?/Should I disclose it on my application? (if so what was the point of spending $300 to get it expunged?)

Re: Expunged off your record?

Postby sgtgrumbles » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:59 am

Sigh... you should disclose it if the application makes clear that you need to include all charges and/or convictions, including those that have been expunged from your record. Regardless of whether an admissions committee can "find out" about the charge, you will have to pass a character and fitness evaluation when you take the bar, which will be very comprehensive and consider whether you were dishonest on any of your law school applications.

This is a very common question. The search function is your friend. I know you're new, but if you can use Google you can use the search bar.

Postby TeamBadass » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:50 pm

You still need to report it. On most law school apps, they even specify to report any drinking tickets that were removed from your record through PDP

Postby Marionberry » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Also, it's an MIP, so no one is going to care. They would care if you failed to disclose it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”