cancel vs. multiple lsats

boogie with stu

cancel vs. multiple lsats

Postby boogie with stu » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:17 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this thread because it had elements of both, but i'll just keep it in the lsat section.

I took the October lsat, which was my first time. Ideally I would like to go to Columbia or NYU since I live in NY (and plan on working there), but I would have no problem going to Chicago. I think I underperformed a bit on the lsat and i may have gotten a 169, but it is also a possibility that I did better. I read that Chicago will take your highest, but they will also look at your lower score. So my question is, assuming you have an average GPA for Chicago, would a 169 then a 172-173 have a good chance of getting in? Or should I cancel and try to get the 172-173 the next time?

bk1

Re: cancel vs. multiple lsats

Postby bk1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:19 pm

Above or below median GPA?

If above median then a 170 gives you a fighting chance at NYU at least.

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:21 pm

boogie with stu wrote:I wasn't sure where to put this thread because it had elements of both, but i'll just keep it in the lsat section.

I took the October lsat, which was my first time. Ideally I would like to go to Columbia or NYU since I live in NY (and plan on working there), but I would have no problem going to Chicago. I think I underperformed a bit on the lsat and i may have gotten a 169, but it is also a possibility that I did better. I read that Chicago will take your highest, but they will also look at your lower score. So my question is, assuming you have an average GPA for Chicago, would a 169 then a 172-173 have a good chance of getting in? Or should I cancel and try to get the 172-173 the next time?

A sub 170 LSAT is not getting into any of CCN barring a truly stellar GPA or some other factor. If you're sure you got below 170 then you would probably want to cancel, but since you don't seem certain about it you may want to keep the score and see what happens. If your GPA is at Chicago's median (3.76) you'll need about a 171 to have a decent chance at Chicago, with a 172 being necessary for Columbia and NYU.

boogie with stu

Postby boogie with stu » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:28 pm

My main question was that what chances would i have at Chicago with an average gpa, and multiple lsats of a 169 and then a 172-173?

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:30 pm

boogie with stu wrote:My main question was that what chances would i have at Chicago with an average gpa, and multiple lsats of a 169 and then a 172-173?

You keep saying "average GPA" and not stating clearly that you are at or above median. I would think that you stand a good chance with a 3.76 and a 172-173 even if you had a 169 the first time around. If your GPA is below 3.76 then your chances go down substantially, but you would still have an okay shot I would guess.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”