June-Absent, October-Bombed, Can I retake?

June-Absent, October-Bombed, Can I retake?

Postby sunju » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:34 pm

My dream is to end up at a top 20 school, but I'd be happy at the schools in my home state which have less stringent requirements. I have a 3.96 gpa and I don't think it'll change much since I'll be graduating a semester early and am only taking two classes this semester to save money. I was going to take the June test but contracted an illness that caused me to puke 5-6 times before the test, so I decided not to go. I thought things were going to go well in October, averaging 165 on the PTs which I guess wouldn't make me a great candidate anyways eh oh well, but I received the news of a death of a close family member the day before the test. I was pretty distraught, tried to calm myself but couldn't sleep, went to the test center, couldn't focus, panicked and pretty much bombed. I fear my score will be in 150s (didn't finish a game and bubbled in D plus other mess ups like misbubbling and re-bubbling twice! argh). Sigh.

Should I retake? Does it look horrible to have an absence, a terrible score and then a hopefully higher score? I was thinking maybe I could get my act together (my life is in a slump right now) and study hard for December or could continue working my retail part-time job/take on another job once I graduate, for a year. I'm a horrible test taker period with anxiety issues, but I didn't get to study as much as I wanted because of other time-consuming family issues + working 30 hours a week + school since junior year. Thank you in advance for your opinions. I don't really know what to do....

Re: June-Absent, October-Bombed, Can I retake?

Postby bk1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Retake. Your situation is unfortunate & understandable. This is an example of why the LSAT may be taken 3 times within a two year period.

Postby LogicGamez » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:43 pm

Retake obviously

Postby 3|ink » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”