Preptest score VS Real Score?

hjag

Preptest score VS Real Score?

Postby hjag » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:39 pm

I took the October 2010 LSAT, and it was my first try. I was really aiming for an 170 at least, but I had a mini panic attack when the proctor called 5 minutes at the end of section 1 (LR) and blanked out for the last 2 questions. I have never had such a bad panic attack during a test before. I filled in those 2 randomly.
Another issue was LGs. I can usually finish without getting more than 1 or 2 wrong, but this time I had to make an educated guess on 2-3. In other words, I actually did the questions, I just thought I would have benefitted from going back and checking my answers, if time permitted, but I did not have time to do so. I agree with the people who thought the LG section was not hard at all, just extremely time consuming.
That being said, I'm not positive I can make my 170 goal, despite scoring consistently in the 170s range on preptests. I was just so scared during the entire test I was running on adrenaline. I don't think I did a sloppy job, I was just scared as heck the entire time. I'm not going to cancel, though, because I don't think I'm anal enough to cancel over a few questions... I hear it's only the right thing to do when you totally bomb a section or something.

Anyway... I was wondering, for those of you who have taken the LSATs before - did you think your preptests accurately reflected your real LSAT score or not? Did you score higher, lower, or the same?

confusedlawyer

Re: Preptest score VS Real Score?

Postby confusedlawyer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Lower... Much lower. How was you RC by the way

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:46 pm

@ConfusedLawyer: Your TLS signature is hilarious ! Proves that there is humor in the truth.

hjag

Postby hjag » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:48 pm

confusedlawyer wrote:Lower... Much lower. How was you RC by the way

I didn't think RC was so bad. It was average. I've done both easier and harder RC sections in preptests.

Kurst

Postby Kurst » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:00 pm

hjag wrote:Anyway... I was wondering, for those of you who have taken the LSATs before - did you think your preptests accurately reflected your real LSAT score or not? Did you score higher, lower, or the same?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=130660#p3451805

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:09 pm

I PTed from 164-169 in the month before the test. I know i hit my PT avg of 166, and feel I have a legit shot at 170 depending on the curve. My best case realistic scenario is -3 RC -3LR -5 or 6 LG which would put me around -10/-11. I really dont think its possible I missed more than 4 on RC and more than 4 on LR .... LG is a toss up as I completed all but 2 questions, but wasnt 100% on the ones I did answer.

OrdinarilySkilled

Postby OrdinarilySkilled » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Of the 17 PTs I have taken (excluding diagnostic), 16 were >169. Of the 2 actual tests I have taken (and gotten scores for) both were <169. Hoping third time was the charm.

dcman06

Postby dcman06 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:35 pm

I hope I'm at least my average. After taking timed tests with like 20-30 other people in a room in DC with an experimental section.... I think my test nerves went down a lot. I think the nerves may come from the fact that more people have a do or die mentality when taking this test.

Some of my friends who went straight to law school from college made an inside joke about the LSAT and law school when most schools averaged scores instead of taking the highest like today.

"Your life, your wife".

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”