Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

canuck
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby canuck » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Hey guys! First time poster so I expect to be shredded apart by all of you, but if I can't handle that then I suppose I'm aiming for the wrong profession.

I took the October LSAT and will have all applications completed within 10 ten days. When will I start getting accepted/rejected/waitlisted by schools?
I have thus far applied to most T15 to T5 schools (might apply to the T5 if LSAT comes back sexy).

Thanks! :)

etown989
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 10:33 pm

Re: Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby etown989 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:07 pm

go to LSN and check how long it usually takes for each school to get back to someone. Every school is different, but I'd imagine earliest would be mid November (2 weeks after scores are released)

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby Adjudicator » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Screw you! Noob!




...

Okay, now that's out of the way; the answer is that different schools do things differently. Some do rolling admissions which have already started, and you could hear any time after your app goes complete. Others won't even begin looking at them until January or even later.

Look on each school's admissions website and you should be able to find out how and when they review applications.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby jarofsoup » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:10 pm

canuck wrote:Hey guys! First time poster so I expect to be shredded apart by all of you, but if I can't handle that then I suppose I'm aiming for the wrong profession.

I took the October LSAT and will have all applications completed within 10 ten days. When will I start getting accepted/rejected/waitlisted by schools?
I have thus far applied to most T15 to T5 schools (might apply to the T5 if LSAT comes back sexy).

Thanks! :)


There is no point to get it in before the LSAT score comes out becasuse the school wont look at the app until the score comes out and the LSDS report has been sent. I am shooting for Nov. 1st for EA and ED deadline to apply. So it would be better for you to work on making sure your apps are perfect and submitting them the moment your score is released.

PS. I doubt you will be able to log into the LSAC's server the moment the LSAT comes out. However, they have a new swanky site so who knows.

User avatar
neptunestar
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:27 am

Re: Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby neptunestar » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:21 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
canuck wrote:Hey guys! First time poster so I expect to be shredded apart by all of you, but if I can't handle that then I suppose I'm aiming for the wrong profession.

I took the October LSAT and will have all applications completed within 10 ten days. When will I start getting accepted/rejected/waitlisted by schools?
I have thus far applied to most T15 to T5 schools (might apply to the T5 if LSAT comes back sexy).

Thanks! :)


There is no point to get it in before the LSAT score comes out becasuse the school wont look at the app until the score comes out and the LSDS report has been sent. I am shooting for Nov. 1st for EA and ED deadline to apply. So it would be better for you to work on making sure your apps are perfect and submitting them the moment your score is released.

PS. I doubt you will be able to log into the LSAC's server the moment the LSAT comes out. However, they have a new swanky site so who knows.


Actually - Jarofsoup - thats not entirely accurate. If you submit before the LSAT scores are released your file will be held in the schools admissions database (or whatever you wanna call it) until your score is released and then go "complete" on November 1st or whatever. If you wait to see your score and THEN submit, you will surely not go complete until Nov 5, 6, 7 etc due to the sheer volume of applications. I've talked to a few admissions people about this and they confirmed.

So basically - if you know that the school is going to hold your file until the LSAT score comes in, you might as well apply today so that you go complete before the kids who waited....

User avatar
aesis
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby aesis » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Okay, say you go complete by submitting apps before the score is released -- what happens if you're registered for the December LSAT and then, depending on the score, you cancel it?

And if you don't cancel it then I assume the application loses its 'complete' status and is not reviewed until scores are released in January?

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby Jack Smirks » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:30 pm

aesis wrote:Okay, say you go complete by submitting apps before the score is released -- what happens if you're registered for the December LSAT and then, depending on the score, you cancel it?

And if you don't cancel it then I assume the application loses its 'complete' status and is not reviewed until scores are released in January?

Wait what?

User avatar
aesis
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby aesis » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:47 pm

naterj wrote:
aesis wrote:Okay, say you go complete by submitting apps before the score is released -- what happens if you're registered for the December LSAT and then, depending on the score, you cancel it?

And if you don't cancel it then I assume the application loses its 'complete' status and is not reviewed until scores are released in January?

Wait what?


According to a response above, you can go complete sooner by submitting apps BEFORE scores come out, i.e. Nov 1 or whatever. Those who submit after scores come out go complete a bit later.

I am asking what will happen under the following circumstances:
- Submit apps before scores released
- Currently registered for December (retake)
- Cancel December registration upon receipt of acceptable October score

LogicGamez
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby LogicGamez » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Late November or early December would be the earliest

LogicGamez
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby LogicGamez » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:46 pm


I am asking what will happen under the following circumstances:
- Submit apps before scores released
- Currently registered for December (retake)

Schools will not generally render a decision if they see you have a pending LSAT registration.

- Cancel December registration upon receipt of acceptable October score

Not sure... My advice would be to not register until you're actually sure you need/want to retake (common sense?)

User avatar
neptunestar
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:27 am

Re: Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby neptunestar » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:18 pm

aesis wrote:
naterj wrote:
aesis wrote:Okay, say you go complete by submitting apps before the score is released -- what happens if you're registered for the December LSAT and then, depending on the score, you cancel it?

And if you don't cancel it then I assume the application loses its 'complete' status and is not reviewed until scores are released in January?

Wait what?


According to a response above, you can go complete sooner by submitting apps BEFORE scores come out, i.e. Nov 1 or whatever. Those who submit after scores come out go complete a bit later.

I am asking what will happen under the following circumstances:
- Submit apps before scores released
- Currently registered for December (retake)
- Cancel December registration upon receipt of acceptable October score


That timing doesnt make any sense... You want to submit before you get your October score right aka before November 1st? In that case - if you put on your application that you still have a December pending they will surely hold it, they're not going to assume just because you got a 175 that you are going to not retake...

I would call an admissions office and ask.

Word of advice - dont assume that law schools will hold your application and wait for future LSAT dates... Call them to make sure!

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby txadv11 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:52 am

canuck wrote:Hey guys! First time poster so I expect to be shredded apart by all of you, but if I can't handle that then I suppose I'm aiming for the wrong profession.

I took the October LSAT and will have all applications completed within 10 ten days. When will I start getting accepted/rejected/waitlisted by schools?
I have thus far applied to most T15 to T5 schools (might apply to the T5 if LSAT comes back sexy).

Thanks! :)


Just to show the vast difference in schools, I was told that applications that "go complete" now (or with my score) at one school will be reviewed within 2 weeks. Another school, same tier, will not even look at it for admittance until FEBRUARY :shock:

ArghItsBlarg
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby ArghItsBlarg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:52 am

To echo others, each school is different. My schools are all rolling admissions, and I was encouraged at my admissions meetings to submit my application before I took the LSAT. This way, my application would pass to the reviewing committee to be checked for completion now, before the glut of post-LSAT applications come in and clog up the pipes. Mine will be forwarded on to the adcom once they get my LSAT score. I was told that they'll probably make a decision 2-3 weeks after receiving my LSAT score. If I am dissatisfied with my LSAT score, I'm certain that I can call the schools and state that I'll be re-taking the LSAT in December and to please hold my application pending same. I doubt they'll have any issues with that.

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby sgtgrumbles » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:31 am

Am I correct that if I submitted now, while waiting for my LSAT score, I would have to pay the application fee now, thus precluding me from collecting fee waivers after I receive my score? Essentially, I have to choose between saving $300+ on fee waivers and getting my apps in a week before the flood... Do we really think November 1st applicants will have a distinct advantage over November 5th applicants?

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Oct. LSAT & apps in: when will I get responses?

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:07 pm

neptunestar wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:
canuck wrote:Hey guys! First time poster so I expect to be shredded apart by all of you, but if I can't handle that then I suppose I'm aiming for the wrong profession.

I took the October LSAT and will have all applications completed within 10 ten days. When will I start getting accepted/rejected/waitlisted by schools?
I have thus far applied to most T15 to T5 schools (might apply to the T5 if LSAT comes back sexy).

Thanks! :)


There is no point to get it in before the LSAT score comes out becasuse the school wont look at the app until the score comes out and the LSDS report has been sent. I am shooting for Nov. 1st for EA and ED deadline to apply. So it would be better for you to work on making sure your apps are perfect and submitting them the moment your score is released.

PS. I doubt you will be able to log into the LSAC's server the moment the LSAT comes out. However, they have a new swanky site so who knows.


Actually - Jarofsoup - thats not entirely accurate. If you submit before the LSAT scores are released your file will be held in the schools admissions database (or whatever you wanna call it) until your score is released and then go "complete" on November 1st or whatever. If you wait to see your score and THEN submit, you will surely not go complete until Nov 5, 6, 7 etc due to the sheer volume of applications. I've talked to a few admissions people about this and they confirmed.

So basically - if you know that the school is going to hold your file until the LSAT score comes in, you might as well apply today so that you go complete before the kids who waited....


Ok I dig this. However, it is still very early. I am submitting on the day my score is released because I want to know where to ED and have time to polish my statement.

I would wait if your score comes back "sexy" ED in T14.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigv, jdanz, ngogirl12, Pozzo and 14 guests