Best strategy for the "Grouped By Question Type" LR Book

PCSur

Best strategy for the "Grouped By Question Type" LR Book

Postby PCSur » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:32 am

I have been studying for the Dec. LSAT since July. Started full P-tests mid-September and have been doing 2 per week, reviewing in between. I purchased the Traciela "Grouped By Question Type" Logical Reasoning book to try to go from 1 to 3 missed on LR to getting consistently -0 to -1. Any advice on how to use this book most effectively?

My initial thought would be just to concentrate on the question types I miss most and do problems, reviewing ones I miss, without really worrying about time.

SchopenhauerFTW

Re: Best strategy for the "Grouped By Question Type" LR Book

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:15 pm

PCSur wrote:My initial thought would be just to concentrate on the question types I miss most and do problems, reviewing ones I miss, without really worrying about time.

I took this same approach with different materials and it really helped, but timing matters. As soon as you start improving on the types of questions you usually get wrong, start timing yourself on similar sections and then on entire LR sections, and then see how you do in the grand scheme of a PT.
How much was the book, and where do the questions come from? I'm assuming that they come from other PTs.

Warning: you probably shouldn't take advice from me. I am kind of a screw up, but this method dramatically improved my overall score.

jwzp

Postby jwzp » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:44 pm

Last edited by jwzp on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:11 pm

I did the LR with grouped by type for 1-20 un-timed, then did 21-60, A, B, C and June 07 timed. I saved the LR problems I got wrong and re-did them between PTs in the 40s.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”