LSAT Prep Course for Dec 2010 sitting? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
asaini

New

LSAT Prep Course for Dec 2010 sitting?

Post by asaini » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:50 am

I am aiming to take the December 2010 LSAT (fed up with delaying it for last 2 years). I tried Kaplan, however did not worked for me in terms of having a high score in the prep tests. I am thinking of getting Powerscore books and may be online course with Powerscore.

Is Powerscore the right way to go? Sincere responses are much appreciated to help me in my decision over the next few days.

Mr. T

Bronze

Re: LSAT Prep Course for Dec 2010 sitting?

Post by Mr. T » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:55 am

powerscore or blueprint

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:00 am

Before paying for the PS course, you may want to get cheap copies of the bibles on amazon to see if their techniques work for you.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:30 am

LSAT Blog wrote:Before paying for the PS course, you may want to get cheap copies of the bibles on amazon to see if their techniques work for you.

Though, if you're able to work through the bibles, you'll have less need for the course. It's catch 22.

If you think you need a course to focus your study, then it makes sense. There's not going to be much you can't learn from the books though.

Rawlberto

Bronze

Post by Rawlberto » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:51 am

As it was said previously, it may not be the best route to take another prep course considering the cost. I took a Kaplan course and started at 141 and ended up at 150, not too bad. Currently getting close to breaking 160 with two months to go. Honestly though, the jump that happened in the course was due to using the Logic Games Bibles, and now I am working on the Logic Reasoning Bible. It will take some time because Powerscore uses different techniques, but it honestly pays off. The general consesus is that Kaplan is not the greatest for 160+ scores.

Considering you took the Kaplan course, you will still have a lot of the study materials that will be beneficial. I would recommend self study with the Bibles, using the Kaplan Mastery books, and taking prep tests.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

asaini

New

Post by asaini » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Thank you everyone for the input. I have ordered the powerscore books and will decide if self-study might be the way to go, or I may be virtual course with powerscore.

LogicGamez

New

Post by LogicGamez » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:42 pm

albanach wrote:
LSAT Blog wrote:Before paying for the PS course, you may want to get cheap copies of the bibles on amazon to see if their techniques work for you.

Though, if you're able to work through the bibles, you'll have less need for the course. It's catch 22.
What? The courses (expensive) go far beyond the bibles (cheap), so it certainly makes sense to get a taste of the PS method before paying $1000+ for the course.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:23 pm

LogicGamez wrote: What? The courses (expensive) go far beyond the bibles (cheap), so it certainly makes sense to get a taste of the PS method before paying $1000+ for the course.
I guess you had a different course or tutor than I did. The printed material is different, though not radically so. They don't keep any 'secret strategies' that aren't in the bibles. What you get is a program of study that can keep you focused, and someone to ask questions of if you really can't grasp one of the things explained in the text.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:41 pm

I'm doing Knewton's online one simply for the guarantee.
They guarantee you a FIVE point increase or a full refund, and if you read the terms and conditions they only require you to attend all classes and do all the homework. I figure if I improve by 5 points it was money well spent, and if not, it was money not spent.

It's $690 through today which is notably less than PS's 1300 for the full course, but I'm not sure how the hours of instruction compare.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”