Logic Bible outdated?

Jeffort

Re: Logic Bible outdated?

Postby Jeffort » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:52 am

MysticalWheel wrote:
bk1 wrote:
kkklick wrote:I never used LGB, and always score -0/-1 on LG. You don't need it. I'm a douche and I'm better than you.

Fixed for what you were actually trying to say.

I guess someone feels threatened by those that seem to be in a position of mental superiority over him or her, and perhaps rightfully so, no? I mean honestly, those that have a 3.7+ GPA and a 172+ score are more likely to eventually parlay their performance into better pay, higher social status, and, in general, access to more of life's "perks" than those without such badges. And as much as class hierarchy is veiled in the US by the tenets of equality and individual determination, it nevertheless exists and determines, for many if not all people, the quality of their relative existence. Hence, it would seem that the lower levels of society's strata do indeed have much to envy, and perhaps resent, from those that are, more or less, above them. The more that this resentment is expressed, however, the more the insecurity and spite of those in inferior positions is revealed and fueled. Given that the present state of the US consists of circumstances in plain contrast to historically prevalent affairs in pre-revolutionary occasions, thus precluding great likelihood for successful uprising against the establishment, this will likely result in only one thing: the continued and heightened misery of the lower classes, who devote so much useless energy, often incredibly subtle, at consciously or subconsciously attacking a system that rules them and will continue to rule them for some time. The verdict? SHUT UP.

What's with your conclusory and assumption filled social stratification statement/attempt at making an argument regarding socioeconomic classes? Did you recently take a sociology class and have to write a paper about it or something?

Your paragraph is poorly reasoned, in large part because in it you mainly present assertions/conclusions about what you believe is true without providing any decently reasoned justification or support. The thing is loaded with presumptions and is void of evidence to back them up.

confusedlawyer

Postby confusedlawyer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:13 am

Bottom line, LGB is okay, I learned LG before reading the book so found it repetitive and useless.

LRB, I have no clue never used it, but it should be a good place to start, however just to warn you as you do know there is a new era in logical reasoning I have a feeling in the future it will become harder since logic games and reading comp are starting to become mastered

marsilni

Postby marsilni » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:19 pm

bk1 wrote:
kkklick wrote:I never used LGB, and always score -0/-1 on LG. You don't need it. I'm a douche and I'm better than you.

AHAHA. I didn't know you spoke fluent douche?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:32 pm

marsilni wrote:AHAHA. I didn't know you spoke fluent douche?

Much of TLS is indecipherable to those without a fluency in douche.

TruHoosier

Postby TruHoosier » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:33 pm

I used the Bibles (not the holy texts) to study when I took the LSAT the first time around and scored a 151. I took a TestMasters course for the second LSAT that I just took and I'm expecting to score in the mid-160s. My best on a PT before the LSAT was a 166.

It could just be that I'm a shitty self-studier, but I felt like the Bibles really ignored a few key concepts - especially in LR. Take it FWIW.

spets

Postby spets » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:38 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
bk1 wrote:

I guess someone feels threatened by those that seem to be in a position of mental superiority over him or her, and perhaps rightfully so, no? I mean honestly, those that have a 3.7+ GPA and a 172+ score are more likely to eventually parlay their performance into better pay, higher social status, and, in general, access to more of life's "perks" than those without such badges. And as much as class hierarchy is veiled in the US by the tenets of equality and individual determination, it nevertheless exists and determines, for many if not all people, the quality of their relative existence. Hence, it would seem that the lower levels of society's strata do indeed have much to envy, and perhaps resent, from those that are, more or less, above them. The more that this resentment is expressed, however, the more the insecurity and spite of those in inferior positions is revealed and fueled. Given that the present state of the US consists of circumstances in plain contrast to historically prevalent affairs in pre-revolutionary occasions, thus precluding great likelihood for successful uprising against the establishment, this will likely result in only one thing: the continued and heightened misery of the lower classes, who devote so much useless energy, often incredibly subtle, at consciously or subconsciously attacking a system that rules them and will continue to rule them for some time. The verdict? SHUT UP. I've never been laid.

Better pay but not better play, AM I RIGHT?

TruHoosier

Postby TruHoosier » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:43 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
bk1 wrote:

I guess someone feels threatened by those that seem to be in a position of mental superiority over him or her, and perhaps rightfully so, no? I mean honestly, those that have a 3.7+ GPA and a 172+ score are more likely to eventually parlay their performance into better pay, higher social status, and, in general, access to more of life's "perks" than those without such badges. And as much as class hierarchy is veiled in the US by the tenets of equality and individual determination, it nevertheless exists and determines, for many if not all people, the quality of their relative existence. Hence, it would seem that the lower levels of society's strata do indeed have much to envy, and perhaps resent, from those that are, more or less, above them. The more that this resentment is expressed, however, the more the insecurity and spite of those in inferior positions is revealed and fueled. Given that the present state of the US consists of circumstances in plain contrast to historically prevalent affairs in pre-revolutionary occasions, thus precluding great likelihood for successful uprising against the establishment, this will likely result in only one thing: the continued and heightened misery of the lower classes, who devote so much useless energy, often incredibly subtle, at consciously or subconsciously attacking a system that rules them and will continue to rule them for some time. The verdict? SHUT UP.

I would pay money to know what it is your compensating for. Something horrible must have happened to you in high school.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
bk1 wrote:

This person:

a) is a douche
b) is over compensating
c) should eat a piece of humble pie
d) thinks he/she makes sense when all I hear is "blah, blah, blah."
e) all of the above

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:55 pm

To answer the OP's question, I do believe that the LR bible is pretty much outdated. It helped, but I think there are probably better ways. The LR bible would be PERFECT for PT 30's-era tests.
Unfortunately, LSAC has moved on.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:09 pm

bk1 wrote:

Image , I give the responses a 171

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:11 pm

kwais wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
bk1 wrote:

This is really stupid. There are too many people on this sight who justify their own insecurity with rants like this. These are not the words of a confident person. But the words are big so you're smart right?

Lol- I'm uncertain as to whether you're trying to help my argument or attack it.

MW

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
bk1 wrote:

This person:

a) is a douche
b) is over compensating
c) should eat a piece of humble pie
d) thinks he/she makes sense when all I hear is "blah, blah, blah."
e) all of the above

Wow- people are more insecure on this board than I thought. Sorry to offend...

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:19 pm

Jeffort wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
bk1 wrote:

What's with your conclusory and assumption filled social stratification statement/attempt at making an argument regarding socioeconomic classes? Did you recently take a sociology class and have to write a paper about it or something?

Your paragraph is poorly reasoned, in large part because in it you mainly present assertions/conclusions about what you believe is true without providing any decently reasoned justification or support. The thing is loaded with presumptions and is void of evidence to back them up.

Your first statement, along with its related followup question, which, by the way, only barely approximate comprehensible sentences, is a speculation that is untrue. As
to your conclusion regarding my paragraph being "poorly reasoned," that is incorrect. To provide absolute evidence for statements that are widely rooted in common sense would not only be entirely unnecessary, especially given the context of this discussion, but also would involve many voluminous citations that are more fitting for a dissertation footnote. And as much as you probably keep telling yourself that calling someone's argument "poorly reasoned" and "loaded with presumptions" actually defeats its force, it's simply a defense mechanism arising out of an insecurity to confront the writing. Sorry :(

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:22 pm

spets wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:I guess someone feels threatened by those that seem to be in a position of mental superiority over him or her, and perhaps rightfully so, no? I mean honestly, those that have a 3.7+ GPA and a 172+ score are more likely to eventually parlay their performance into better pay, higher social status, and, in general, access to more of life's "perks" than those without such badges. And as much as class hierarchy is veiled in the US by the tenets of equality and individual determination, it nevertheless exists and determines, for many if not all people, the quality of their relative existence. Hence, it would seem that the lower levels of society's strata do indeed have much to envy, and perhaps resent, from those that are, more or less, above them. The more that this resentment is expressed, however, the more the insecurity and spite of those in inferior positions is revealed and fueled. Given that the present state of the US consists of circumstances in plain contrast to historically prevalent affairs in pre-revolutionary occasions, thus precluding great likelihood for successful uprising against the establishment, this will likely result in only one thing: the continued and heightened misery of the lower classes, who devote so much useless energy, often incredibly subtle, at consciously or subconsciously attacking a system that rules them and will continue to rule them for some time. The verdict? SHUT UP. I've never been laid.

Better pay but not better play, AM I RIGHT?

I don't know- I guess it depends on the "play." :roll:

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:24 pm

TruHoosier wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
bk1 wrote:

I would pay money to know what it is your compensating for. Something horrible must have happened to you in high school.

Yikes! Reallllly insecure...I think you need to ask yourself that question and possibly see a therapist. :shock:

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:19 am

bk1 wrote:

Best line of the day and possibly of the week.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:47 am

Look MW, the reason so many people attacked you is because you sound like an uber-douche. You like to use big words. Not one or two, but your entire paragraph screamed of snobbery. I don't even think it had ANYTHING to do with what was being discussed at the time.

Point is, you can be intelligent without having to show off your uh-MAZ-ing vocabulary skills. Because no one here gives a shit. In fact, it pisses people off.

I'm not trying to be mean. Just trying to explain why some people are annoyed by you.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:51 am

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Look MW, the reason so many people attacked you is because you sound like an uber-douche. You like to use big words. Not one or two, but your entire paragraph screamed of snobbery. I don't even think it had ANYTHING to do with what was being discussed at the time.

Point is, you can be intelligent without having to show off your uh-MAZ-ing vocabulary skills. Because no one here gives a shit. In fact, it pisses people off.

I'm not trying to be mean. Just trying to explain why some people are annoyed by you.

Normal people don't use abnormal vocabulary, no matter how smart they are. There are plenty of HYS attendee's on here who would call MW a douche as well.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:00 am

kkklick wrote:I never used LGB, and always score -0/-1 on LG. You don't need it.

But LGB says alot about reading the rules carefully... :mrgreen:

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:04 am

Ragged wrote:
kkklick wrote:I never used LGB, and always score -0/-1 on LG. You don't need it.

But LGB says alot about reading the rules carefully... :mrgreen:

Look LG was my 5th section okay... lol

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:10 am

Patriot1208 wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:Look MW, the reason so many people attacked you is because you sound like an uber-douche. You like to use big words. Not one or two, but your entire paragraph screamed of snobbery. I don't even think it had ANYTHING to do with what was being discussed at the time.

Normal people don't use abnormal vocabulary, no matter how smart they are. There are plenty of HYS attendee's on here who would call MW a douche as well.

Maybe he was trying to widen his vocab. You know, the best way to learn a word is to use it. How perspicacious of me, don't you think?

dovetail

Postby dovetail » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:32 am

Patriot1208 wrote:

Wait, where were the difficult vocabulary words?

Tenet?
Strata?
Hierarchy?

These are the words of a fifth-grade spelling test...

For what it's worth, I thought your diatribe was well-thought out and hilarious, MW.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:52 am

They're not big alone, but put a paragraphs' worth of "big" words together, and you're trying too hard.

nphsbuckeye

Postby nphsbuckeye » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:34 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
bk1 wrote:

The irony is the stereotypical entrepreneur is a C student. If I'm going to work 80 hours/week, I'm working for myself and working to make a ceiling-less amount, unlike those people working for others.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:37 pm

dovetail wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:Normal people don't use abnormal vocabulary, no matter how smart they are. There are plenty of HYS attendee's on here who would call MW a douche as well.

Wait, where were the difficult vocabulary words?

Tenet?
Strata?
Hierarchy?

These are the words of a fifth-grade spelling test...

For what it's worth, I thought your diatribe was well-thought out and hilarious, MW.

I'm surprised you know what those words mean when you can't even tell the difference between abnormal and difficult.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”