Would it be unwise for me to take the December LSAT?

leemalk

Would it be unwise for me to take the December LSAT?

Postby leemalk » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:15 pm

I took the test this past weekend and cancelled because I just fell apart on the first section. I've identified a lot of the weaknesses in my preparation that were exposed on Saturday, and I have a pretty good idea of where I need to go from here. If I wasn't still in UG, I would undoubtedly take the December LSAT and just apply a little late in the cycle. Unfortunately, I have 3 final exams the week before the December LSAT, which is complicating my decision. I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and they could let me know how they handled it?
Obviously there are the disadvantages of extra stress, lack of rest, etc. But it may also be a good way to take my mind off the LSAT during that last week, which I've heard is recommended to some degree.

I guess my other option would be to forget about the LSAT for awhile, get a job after college, and apply for the next cycle.

Any opinions or experiences are appreciated.

kkklick

Re: Would it be unwise for me to take the December LSAT?

Postby kkklick » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:17 pm

I mean, if the exams were after the LSAT, I would say your exams would be affected by the LSAT both prep wise and worrying about score wise. But if you prepare now, get rid of your exams and write the LSAt it is possible. The LSAT is a test to be learned, no memorization needed. Your LSAt should not be affected by time spent preparing for other exams. A PT only takes a few hours, and you can do one every other day or every third day. Dont use school as an excuse. If you want to go to law school in 2011, write in December

leemalk

Re: Would it be unwise for me to take the December LSAT?

Postby leemalk » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:37 pm

kkklick wrote:I mean, if the exams were after the LSAT, I would say your exams would be affected by the LSAT both prep wise and worrying about score wise. But if you prepare now, get rid of your exams and write the LSAt it is possible. The LSAT is a test to be learned, no memorization needed. Your LSAt should not be affected by time spent preparing for other exams. A PT only takes a few hours, and you can do one every other day or every third day. Dont use school as an excuse. If you want to go to law school in 2011, write in December

Thanks for the advice, very good points. I'm leaning towards taking it at this point, mainly because I want to validate the months of preparation I've already put in, and if I'm not ready for it after 5 months, I don't know if I ever will be.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”