For October 12 test takers

kaveman
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby kaveman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Is the misprint you guys are referring to the one that had one professor talking about another?


Yup, that's the one. It's true you could still come up with the right answer in spite of the error, but under the pressure conditions of the test, I can see how that error could have caused people to get thrown off.


The funny thing is, I don't think it was actually a misprint. I initially thought so too, but I think it was just redundant to explicitly distinguish between professors. Of course, my head was up my ass for some of these LR questions, so I could be way off.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby justadude55 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:28 pm

kaveman wrote:
Is the misprint you guys are referring to the one that had one professor talking about another?


Yup, that's the one. It's true you could still come up with the right answer in spite of the error, but under the pressure conditions of the test, I can see how that error could have caused people to get thrown off.


The funny thing is, I don't think it was actually a misprint. I initially thought so too, but I think it was just redundant to explicitly distinguish between professors. Of course, my head was up my ass for some of these LR questions, so I could be way off.

u keeping bro?

kaveman
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby kaveman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:41 pm

justadude55 wrote:
kaveman wrote:
Is the misprint you guys are referring to the one that had one professor talking about another?


Yup, that's the one. It's true you could still come up with the right answer in spite of the error, but under the pressure conditions of the test, I can see how that error could have caused people to get thrown off.


The funny thing is, I don't think it was actually a misprint. I initially thought so too, but I think it was just redundant to explicitly distinguish between professors. Of course, my head was up my ass for some of these LR questions, so I could be way off.

u keeping bro?


That's still the million dollar questions

delusional
Posts: 1190
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby delusional » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Oh, a couple more questions came to mind - any of you guys remember one about time travel? Also, the one about sick people and quality of life. I'm pretty sure on both, but I'd appreciate if people who had those could PM me. Or if you didn't have them, I'd know it was experimental.

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby Cromartie » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:02 pm

delusional wrote:Oh, a couple more questions came to mind - any of you guys remember one about time travel? Also, the one about sick people and quality of life. I'm pretty sure on both, but I'd appreciate if people who had those could PM me. Or if you didn't have them, I'd know it was experimental.


Those were experimental.

delusional
Posts: 1190
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby delusional » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Cromartie wrote:
delusional wrote:Oh, a couple more questions came to mind - any of you guys remember one about time travel? Also, the one about sick people and quality of life. I'm pretty sure on both, but I'd appreciate if people who had those could PM me. Or if you didn't have them, I'd know it was experimental.


Those were experimental.

Darn. They were both fun.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby justadude55 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:23 pm

delusional wrote:
Cromartie wrote:
delusional wrote:Oh, a couple more questions came to mind - any of you guys remember one about time travel? Also, the one about sick people and quality of life. I'm pretty sure on both, but I'd appreciate if people who had those could PM me. Or if you didn't have them, I'd know it was experimental.


Those were experimental.

Darn. They were both fun.

fun things on the LSAT normally are not real. I had a fun one about monkeys and dogs, and dogs being smarter than monkeys at certain stuff. I was never so interested in an LSAT passage.

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby Cromartie » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:05 pm

justadude55 wrote:
delusional wrote:
Cromartie wrote:
delusional wrote:Oh, a couple more questions came to mind - any of you guys remember one about time travel? Also, the one about sick people and quality of life. I'm pretty sure on both, but I'd appreciate if people who had those could PM me. Or if you didn't have them, I'd know it was experimental.


Those were experimental.

Darn. They were both fun.

fun things on the LSAT normally are not real. I had a fun one about monkeys and dogs, and dogs being smarter than monkeys at certain stuff. I was never so interested in an LSAT passage.


I'm pretty sure I got the last answer on that passage (analogy) wrong, so I'm glad it turned out to be the experimental. That was the 2nd section and throughout the 3rd and 4th sections, I was very tempted to sneak back and change my answer, but I was seated at the very front of the room and there were only 15 people. Needless to say, it created a bit of a distraction for me until the 5th section came along, which turned out to be RC.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby justadude55 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:48 pm

your memory of the test boggles my mind. maybe you should have went into something that requires memory.... medicine?

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby Cromartie » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:09 pm

justadude55 wrote:your memory of the test boggles my mind. maybe you should have went into something that requires memory.... medicine?


Haha, like I wrote in a previous post, my memory is my greatest blessing and greatest curse. I remember most of the things I experience and retain a lot of details...even unnecessary ones. I think that is somewhat related to the fact that it takes me awhile to fall asleep at night...too many random thoughts.

I've had a lot of PM's in the past 3 days from various folks asking me if I remember this question or that, and what the answer was, and I have for the most part been able to give them what they're asking for.

Btw...that passage wasn't just about monkeys and dogs... it was about primates and canids (dogs and wolves). Hehe.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby YCrevolution » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:26 pm

..




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: audaz, Pozzo and 6 guests