Erasing on the LSAT...

JDHopeful

Erasing on the LSAT...

Postby JDHopeful » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:01 pm

So, upon further consideration, i'm freaking out about my lsat and here's one of my main concerns...

i erased and changed answers on a total of 3 questions... however, the pencils that i brought with me had utterly terrible erasers... like the plastic ones that do more smearing than erasing...

so, after i erased, it kinda smudged lead all over the sheet... what should i do/think? should i be worried about this... will the scantron machines pick up on this and penalize?

i know none of you probably have a definitive answer, but thoughts are appreciated... thanks!

Gemini

Re: Erasing on the LSAT...

Postby Gemini » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:02 pm

If you're really worried, call LSAC and ask them to hand score your test.

gdane

Postby gdane » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:05 pm

I had this issue last year on Sept 2009. It wasnt a problem for me. The scantron picked up on the correct answer. Looking at my scantron on the LSAC website I saw that they were indeed very dark eraser marks.

If you feel that it might be an issue, request a hand scoring. If not, check and see whats up after you get your score back.

Good luck!

jfb

Postby jfb » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:09 pm

I apoligize in advance if this is a dumb question, but do you have to request that your test be hand scored before your score is released? Or could you, for example, get your score, see your answer sheet, realize that marks led the system to pick up an answer other than the one that you seleced, and then request to have the test rescored by hand?

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:11 pm

This happened to me as well, but I mistakenly erased some ones I didn't intend to erase then tried to fill them back in before the clock ran out. I don't remember anything else on that LR section, but I remember erasing, erasing, erasing, then "uh-oh those two 'A's for 19 and 20 look awfully faint. I hope those were two I accidently erased and not two that I erased on purpose and then filled back in the same spots on the same questions I had already changed the answers on." Unfortunately, the clock ran out about then, so I'm not sure if filling them back in was a good thing or not.

Let this be a lesson: Don't rush through a section and make careless mistakes, even if you know you will have time to go back and double-check your answers.

champ33

Postby champ33 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:39 pm

jfb wrote:I apoligize in advance if this is a dumb question, but do you have to request that your test be hand scored before your score is released? Or could you, for example, get your score, see your answer sheet, realize that marks led the system to pick up an answer other than the one that you seleced, and then request to have the test rescored by hand?

I'd like to know the answer to this too.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:58 pm

I believe from last last test that people asked for them to be hand scored after seeing their scores.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”