The STUPIDEST thing I did with this LSAT was...

pppokerface

Re: The STUPIDEST thing I did with this LSAT was...

Postby pppokerface » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:00 pm

schark1234

Postby schark1234 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:20 pm

flipped out on van driver game. guessed d on questions 3, 4, and 5. hopefully, praying, that god will tell me the answers were d to those so I don't have to cancel.

AverageTutoring

Postby AverageTutoring » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:22 pm

pppokerface wrote:Image

I don't get this. What is this a picture of and how is it funny (i know it will no longer be funny once you have to explain it to me, but I'm Canadian, give me a break!).

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:29 pm

Stupidest thing I did was decide at the break to cancel my score. And then, somewhere in the middle of sec 5, change my mind about canceling, after I had spent all of section 4 agonizing about section 2, having already decided that it wouldn't matter since I'm canceling. ARRRGGG.

Didn't finish my games section (sec 4) or my last LR.

pppokerface

Postby pppokerface » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:34 pm

AverageTutoring wrote:

I don't get this. What is this a picture of and how is it funny (i know it will no longer be funny once you have to explain it to me, but I'm Canadian, give me a break!).

the variables in the nurse game

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:52 pm

OH MY GOD. I totally read "two spaces" and not AT LEAST. F--K!
No wonder I ran out of time on this game/its stopped making sense. SIIIIIIIIIIGH.

170 is slippingggggggg. I CANNOT score lower than my original score (168)
I'm going to cryyyyyy

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:59 pm

uh oh I don't remember any 'at least 2'...

Damn.

Then again I don't remember much if anything from the test.

Regardless misreading a rule like that on a LG doesn't mean you failed the whole game, I've done that on PT's and still gone 2/6 or 3/7 or whatever. So it sucks but not necessarily the end of the world, unless you were shooting for 170+ in which case it really tightens things up for you.

DrackedaryMaster

Postby DrackedaryMaster » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:02 am

On the last 3-4 questions I had to guess on LG, I decided to base my answer on the basis of how that question made me feel about the test makers based on how time consuming it was to test the hypos:

(A)holes
(B)a$tards
(C)***s***ers
(D)*****bags
(E)ffing*m*mer*f*ers

Okay so I didn't really use this method, but it sure made me feel better.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:03 am

minnbills wrote:uh oh I don't remember any 'at least 2'...
Damn.
Then again I don't remember much if anything from the test.
Regardless misreading a rule like that on a LG doesn't mean you failed the whole game, I've done that on PT's and still gone 2/6 or 3/7 or whatever. So it sucks but not necessarily the end of the world, unless you were shooting for 170+ in which case it really tightens things up for you.

Yeah I am shooting for 170+.
I managed to answer only 3/6 questions for that game. The others were blind guesses. I know I at least got 1/3 that I answered wrong. So... I'm thinking -4 on LG which is terrible for me. I thought LR was tricky.
RC (transnationalism) I probably missed at least 2. So I'm going to need a -13/-14 MIRACULOUS curve.

Tainted_Praise

Postby Tainted_Praise » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:02 am

At least two? What? What? Where is this coming from? I don't recall this? I am now certain I screwed myself over on the game with the nurses :/

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:09 am

Stupidest things I did:

LG section - I should've tackled the last one first and the first one last. I had a 5 questioner that bugged the shit out of me first and I spent 10 minutes on it and not enough time on the simple linear 7 spacer nurse game. FML.

LR - spent way too much time on first 10 questions in each "real" section. Experimental, I was able to do 15 in 15 but I spent 15+ minutes on the first 10 sections and then panicked. Got 5 minutes called with 5 questions left in one section and 4 questions left in the other. Had to guess.

RC - I only bubbled to 26. Not sure if I misbubbled but I was basically out of time for the entire last passage anyway. Brutal. Proctor called 3 mins left instead of five. I should've powered through the first few sections but in June I had experimental RC first and thought there'd be a chance see RC on the other side of the break.

I'm kinda freaking out tonight.

moxiepostulate

Postby moxiepostulate » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:25 am

pppokerface wrote:
AverageTutoring wrote:

Oooooh... Yeah. I'm glad I caught the inference faster than I caught this reference. Definitely got halfway through the game before I caught it though. Merp.

Pastels

Postby Pastels » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:48 am

Good - -0 on LG, I am sure of it

Bad - changed 3 answers on LR from correct to incorrect. Rulle of law, shakesfuck, and an easy question.

Ugly - I thought my first LR was exp. So I did not take it serious enough, the bricks plus everything else screamed we are testing new questions. Because of that I did not check my answers on a few questions.

Right now I am looking at a min. -8 due to being a moron to a max of -15? I need a -12 curve, badly.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:50 am

I like how this thread has gone in a completely different direction than where it started.

txadv11

Postby txadv11 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:57 am

DrackedaryMaster wrote:On the last 3-4 questions I had to guess on LG, I decided to base my answer on the basis of how that question made me feel about the test makers based on how time consuming it was to test the hypos:

(A)holes
(B)a$tards
(C)***s***ers
(D)*****bags
(E)ffing*m*mer*f*ers

Okay so I didn't really use this method, but it sure made me feel better.

In this case I would have guessed E on: ShakespeareQ, A&B passage, medicineQ, and several LG Q's

confusedlawyer

Postby confusedlawyer » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:02 am

If I had a chance to redo the car/driver game and the African Historiography passage, I'd be back on here Oct. 29th with a 180 in hand.

..FML

AverageTutoring

Postby AverageTutoring » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:45 pm

moxiepostulate wrote:
pppokerface wrote:
AverageTutoring wrote:

Oooooh... Yeah. I'm glad I caught the inference faster than I caught this reference. Definitely got halfway through the game before I caught it though. Merp.

What inference? I believe the restrictions on H and M were due to rules, no?
confusedlawyer wrote:If I had a chance to redo the car/driver game and the African Historiography passage, I'd be back on here Oct. 29th with a 180 in hand.

..FML

LOL. And parallel reasoning #26, you'll probably want a re-do on that as well :mrgreen:

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:55 pm

AverageTutoring wrote:What inference? I believe the restrictions on H and M were due to rules, no?

I concur with this as far as I can without getting banned. Maybe by 'inference' he means he realized the full meaning of the rule. Did I go too far?
Last edited by 3|ink on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Pastels wrote:
Bad - changed 3 answers on LR from correct to incorrect. Rulle of law, shakesfuck, and an easy question.

That is a huge bummer. Sorry, Pastels. If this is your first LSAT, maybe think about signing up for Dec.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:01 pm

LOL. And parallel reasoning #26, you'll probably want a re-do on that as well :mrgreen:[/quote]
How do you know what I chose? Spent a full 2 minutes on that question, doubt I got it wrong but maybe

Pastels

Postby Pastels » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:06 pm

This was my 3rd. I am hoping for a 166 or higher because w&l is my
top choice. I took the test twice while in UG and I was not as
prepared as I should have been. Can anyone remind me what 26 parallel you are talking about? If worse comes to worse I will try to take a 4th sitting in dec. Right now I have a cancel and a 160 due to my screw ups from UG. I am
hoping that Oct is a worst a 164. I think obtaining a 4th chance is not
too difficult and since we get our scores nov 1 and the next test is dec 11 I could get some apps out and use the retake in dec without having as much stress. -12 curve could really save my ass.

AverageTutoring

Postby AverageTutoring » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:13 pm

kkklick wrote:LOL. And parallel reasoning #26, you'll probably want a re-do on that as well :mrgreen:
How do you know what I chose? Spent a full 2 minutes on that question, doubt I got it wrong but maybe

I was talking to ConfusedLawyer. It's an inside joke, no worries

pppokerface

Postby pppokerface » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Pastels wrote:This was my 3rd. I am hoping for a 166 or higher because w&l is my
top choice. I took the test twice while in UG and I was not as
prepared as I should have been. Can anyone remind me what 26 parallel you are talking about? If worse comes to worse I will try to take a 4th sitting in dec. Right now I have a cancel and a 160 due to my screw ups from UG. I am
hoping that Oct is a worst a 164. I think obtaining a 4th chance is not
too difficult and since we get our scores nov 1 and the next test is dec 11 I could get some apps out and use the retake in dec without having as much stress. -12 curve could really save my ass.

If its only 3 questions you got wrong, you should be fine. Are you confident in the other sections?

Pastels

Postby Pastels » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:41 pm

I think right now I am looking at

LG -0
LR 1 - who knows -5 or 6 due to it being my first section?
RC - -5 or 6?
LR2 - -3 or 4?

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:52 pm

165 has been consistently -15 to -20 since 2007...recently trending toward the generous side of that. With a -13 to -16 estimate penciled in, you're probably looking at 166-168.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”