The STUPIDEST thing I did with this LSAT was...

nataliejane38

Re: The STUPIDEST thing I did with this LSAT was...

Postby nataliejane38 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 pm

I agree! I should have never come here...I slept great the night before the test, felt great about it during and after and after coming here I am freaking out because I do not remember ONE thing from the test and everyone here remembers so much stuff. It was like after each section it was erased from my memory, nothing anyone is talking about here is ringing a bell aside from the very last game, the nurse one. Oh, and I remember the writing sample perfectly.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:50 pm

Last edited by Ragged on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

forward

Postby forward » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:48 pm

The stupidest thing I did was toss aside how well along I was humming through the first three sections because LG didn't click as easily as they had in the past. I paid the price for being in all-out panic mode on the last LG by selecting answers I wouldn't have had I remained cooler. I would not be surprised to have vastly different wrong answer totals between the first two sections and the last two, purely as a result of my emotional state. It will probably cost me a 170+ and force a retake.

ArghItsBlarg

Postby ArghItsBlarg » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:24 pm

I went and got my wife knocked up and then she delivered our daughter a week before the LSAT. I definitely won't do that again if I take the December test.

On a more serious note, I (LR-LG*-RC-LR-LG) was super-stoked going into the break because I WRECKED that experimental LG section. Finished with 6 minutes to spare and felt great about all of my decisions. So confident was I, in fact, that I didn't pay attention to time and ended up approaching the last RC section (naturally the one with 7 questions) as the proctor called 5 minutes remaining. I'm a speed reader who has never even come close to running out of time in all my PT's. Ended up blind guessing on one or two of the RC questions.

When I saw LG come up again for Section 5, I got demoralized. My standard turnout on PT's is to not get to two or three of the LG questions due to time, and that happened again on S5. Blind guessed on 3 LG questions in the last game. Let's go lucky B!

I've consistently scored low-mid 170's (usually miss 6-8 total) on my PT's and will probably take the test again if I don't break 170. I felt and feel pretty strongly about my performance on the LR sections, so this is going to be a question of how lady luck works out for me with my guesses.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:43 am

ArghItsBlarg wrote:I went and got my wife knocked up and then she delivered our daughter a week before the LSAT. I definitely won't do that again if I take the December test.

On a more serious note, I (LR-LG*-RC-LR-LG) was super-stoked going into the break because I WRECKED that experimental LG section. Finished with 6 minutes to spare and felt great about all of my decisions. So confident was I, in fact, that I didn't pay attention to time and ended up approaching the last RC section (naturally the one with 7 questions) as the proctor called 5 minutes remaining. I'm a speed reader who has never even come close to running out of time in all my PT's. Ended up blind guessing on one or two of the RC questions.

When I saw LG come up again for Section 5, I got demoralized. My standard turnout on PT's is to not get to two or three of the LG questions due to time, and that happened again on S5. Blind guessed on 3 LG questions in the last game. Let's go lucky B!

I've consistently scored low-mid 170's (usually miss 6-8 total) on my PT's and will probably take the test again if I don't break 170. I felt and feel pretty strongly about my performance on the LR sections, so this is going to be a question of how lady luck works out for me with my guesses.

Yea I was siced at the break too because of that super easy LG experimental AND I'm hoping B is lucky for the last 3 lol.

My stupidest thing was letting Car Thieves get the best of me and not reseting my watch dial for that last LG. Also I broke my strap off my watch so it would sit on the table better. I mean I still think it was a pretty good idea but people were looking at me like I was crazy lol.

Longhorn88

Postby Longhorn88 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Misread TWO rules in LG. Saw an at least two as an exactly two and then straight up switched the order on a rule for another game.

Luckily I caught both, but I'm sure it costs me time that I could have used to check over my answers at the end.

dabomb75

Postby dabomb75 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:00 pm

1) almost gave up after my first LG because I bombed it and thought it was the real thing.

2) In the real LG section, wrote and answer on the answer sheet I was unsure of, erased it, wrote the correct answer in my test booklet and put down my pencil, only for them to call time 30 seconds later, with me realizing that I forgot to bubble in the answer on my answer sheet.

Postby 09042014 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Shmuckluk wrote:...come to this fricking website after I wrote it. I was feeling super hot--thinking I scored ~175--only to find out that I got the cardiologist question wrong because I can't read good.

Why did I open the Pandora's Box? WHY!?

Who else is feeling far less certain than they did right after they wrote it!? My advice to new test-takers will be to not even look at "Test Reaction" threads. I slept like a baby the night before my LSAT; now I am stressed.

Same thing happened to be in on the Sept 09. I got a 176 anyway. You were going to get some questions wrong, but now you know which ones. It's a different feeling than scoring a PT immediately after you take it.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Shmuckluk wrote:...come to this fricking website after I wrote it. I was feeling super hot--thinking I scored ~175--only to find out that I got the cardiologist question wrong because I can't read good.

Who else is feeling far less certain than they did right after they wrote it!? My advice to new test-takers will be to not even look at "Test Reaction" threads. I slept like a baby the night before my LSAT; now I am stressed.

can't read well.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:13 pm

im scared. The only question I know for certain I missed is the rule of law because i picked good life, think I might have missed history/moral judgement but nobody has really confirmed or denied that answer too much. Every other answer people have talked about i'm certain I nailed it though. If I come out of LR with -4 or less and as long as I didnt bomb RC or LG i have a shot at 170 I think depending on curve.

compromises

Postby compromises » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:14 pm

I went to change my answer after solving the final question on the LSAT (LR) and just as I erased the wrong answer time was called, so I wasn't able to fill in the correct answer.

Absolutely kills me. Would have felt better if I hadn't solved/tried changing I think.

ilikecheese

Postby ilikecheese » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:38 pm

misreading the stupid rule about two spaces in the nurses game. what a rookie mistake. i suddenly find myself disliking nurses... except for my mom. she's cool.

my guaranteed -5 on the real lg section contrasted with the super easy experimental lg section (that i'm 100% sure i aced) has been ruining my life for the last 4 days.

time machine, where are yooouuuu??!!

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:43 pm

GoGetIt wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

You can score one wrong and still get a 180 :mrgreen:

Or you can get all the other ones wrong as well and get a 120 :shock:

does anybody know a person who actually finished the entire test and got a score below 130?

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:49 pm

ilikecheese wrote:misreading the stupid rule about two spaces in the nurses game. what a rookie mistake. i suddenly find myself disliking nurses... except for my mom. she's cool.

my guaranteed -5 on the real lg section contrasted with the super easy experimental lg section (that i'm 100% sure i aced) has been ruining my life for the last 4 days.

I think a lot of people misread that rule in nurses. I know I did. Thankfully I caught it after only doing 2 questions, so I was able to fix my answers. I would have even missed the grab-a-rule :shock:

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:52 pm

dabomb75 wrote:1) almost gave up after my first LG because I bombed it and thought it was the real thing.

2) In the real LG section, wrote and answer on the answer sheet I was unsure of, erased it, wrote the correct answer in my test booklet and put down my pencil, only for them to call time 30 seconds later, with me realizing that I forgot to bubble in the answer on my answer sheet.

the idea that this may have happened to me makes me feel ill
i mean, i dont htink it did, but if it did, im pretty sure ill die

dabomb75, im soooo sorry. really feeling it for you

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:55 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
ilikecheese wrote:misreading the stupid rule about two spaces in the nurses game. what a rookie mistake. i suddenly find myself disliking nurses... except for my mom. she's cool.

I think a lot of people misread that rule in nurses. I know I did. Thankfully I caught it after only doing 2 questions, so I was able to fix my answers. I would have even missed the grab-a-rule :shock:

at least _space__ rules are ALWAYS misread. that's the evil LSAC idea :/ bummer

policestate1234

Postby policestate1234 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:56 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:

Ya bro...mistake happen. I don't think messing that rule hurt you for a lot of the questions.

ilikecheese

Postby ilikecheese » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:00 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

at least _space__ rules are ALWAYS misread. that's the evil LSAC idea :/ bummer

yes, that's why it's such a bummer... bc i know better in PT world, just not in real LSAT world apparently.

GoGetIt

Postby GoGetIt » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:02 pm

usuaggie wrote:
GoGetIt wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

You can score one wrong and still get a 180 :mrgreen:

Or you can get all the other ones wrong as well and get a 120 :shock:

does anybody know a person who actually finished the entire test and got a score below 130?

Nope, but I took a class with someone scored a 133. When I asked him what schools he was applying to, he told me, (brace yourselves) "Columbia, Georgetown, NYU, and Fordham('my reach'); he's not in law school.
Last edited by GoGetIt on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilikecheese

Postby ilikecheese » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:03 pm

policestate1234 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

Ya bro...mistake happen. I don't think messing that rule hurt you for a lot of the questions.

thanks, i hope you are right. i could probably still be ok with -3 but -5 is pushing it.

confusedlawyer

Postby confusedlawyer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:18 pm

I thoght the wording on nurses was straight forward... At least 2, means 2 or more spaces

pppokerface

Postby pppokerface » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:19 pm

confusedlawyer wrote:I thoght the wording on nurses was straight forward... At least 2, means 2 or more spaces

No one is saying that it wasn't. Its just that they "read over" it. Kind of like missing the EXCEPT in a LR question.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:24 pm

I wasnt being serious.....

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:24 pm

Last edited by Sandro on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:53 pm

policestate1234 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

Oh great I diagrammed that as exactly 2.... yay -7 on LG! Though I still feel ok for a couple of them so I guess I can live with it. New score expectation: 169 -- that probably cost me all the money I may have been able to get.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”