The STUPIDEST thing I did with this LSAT was... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
aesis

Bronze

Re: The STUPIDEST thing I did with this LSAT was...

Post by aesis » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
aesis wrote:
incompetentia wrote:Maybe I'm just weird, but I didn't need to put the 'at least' part into my diagram to remember it. Was it really that much of a throw-off?

Regardless. I'm finally remembering a few of the agonizing questions I had about LR, and I'm pretty sure I'm wrong on at least one now.
Bye bye 180 (probably)
Not sure if I remember correctly but the game went fine even without remembering at least # spaceswith the exception of the first question, since the other four variables were pretty flexible except for the block. Does anyone remember more clearly if another question depended essentially on an at least as opposed to a [exactly # spaces].

Of course it's hard to say since all the rules work together ... I'm worried I may have made a mistake on one of the questions due to being more cognizant of [#] spaces rather than [min #] spaces.
I remember getting to one of the last questions and having to consider the "at least" rule, and as a reaction I quickly went back and checked each previous question see if I had overlooked anything. But it was my impression that the two usually had exactly 2 spaces in between them, even though they were permitted to have more. So I don't think it was relevant in most of the questions.

I hope I'm not crossing any lines with this post.
I agree and this is very comforting. I could see how it would be an issue with the block though with a CANNOT question. But for the most part, not too bad. And yeah, the last question had me wondering as well.

skers

Platinum

Post by skers » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:38 pm

I just wrote in my diagram that they couldn't be consecutive nor one apart. If I at least know where the can't go, everything else really follows from there.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
incompetentia wrote:Your new tar makes almost as little sense as mine.

Unless you're from WA of course
Well, I am. I thought that would be the obvious implication.
Assumption required: People who upload tars relating to states are doing so in accordance with their place of residence at a current or important time in life

I was born in WA. Moved away soon after though

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:Adjudicator:

I think you should change your 'tar.

Having someone super confident in a 180 is hard enough.... Having your 'tar sneering at me makes it REAALLLYY hard not to dislike you lol
Once again, when did I ever say I was super confident in a 180?

My official prediction was 176, which is just my PT average. I said I think I have a shot at 180.

Perhaps you are projecting a little insecurity?

edit: You might be right about the avatar though. But if I change it now, it will confuse people.

second edit: All right, you win. :)

haha no I'm not hating on you! I'm just laughing. That 'tar was intense!
I'm hoping for a 180 too :) so far haven't figured out anything I got wrong. I'm pretty sure LG and LR and LR are all -0... I can't remember anything from RC though. I felt confident at the time...
With a good curve, I think I'll have a shot at it.

I forgot who said this, but if you didnt notice the "at least" part of the LG, I'm afraid you got quiet a few wrong. It may have seemed otherwise, because LSAC is very aware of how frequently people miss that.
If you're shooting for upper 170s, maybe cancel?

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:55 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:haha no I'm not hating on you! I'm just laughing. That 'tar was intense!
I'm hoping for a 180 too :) so far haven't figured out anything I got wrong. I'm pretty sure LG and LR and LR are all -0... I can't remember anything from RC though. I felt confident at the time...
I feel pretty much the same. So far I haven't second-guessed any of my answers that I can remember and I feel good about RC and LG. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I got a 180 on PT 60 just a few days before the test, so I guess that is influencing my expectations a bit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ThreeYears

Bronze

Post by ThreeYears » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:56 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:Adjudicator:

I think you should change your 'tar.

Having someone super confident in a 180 is hard enough.... Having your 'tar sneering at me makes it REAALLLYY hard not to dislike you lol
Once again, when did I ever say I was super confident in a 180?

My official prediction was 176, which is just my PT average. I said I think I have a shot at 180.

Perhaps you are projecting a little insecurity?

edit: You might be right about the avatar though. But if I change it now, it will confuse people.

second edit: All right, you win. :)

haha no I'm not hating on you! I'm just laughing. That 'tar was intense!

I forgot who said this, but if you didnt notice the "at least" part of the LG, I'm afraid you got quiet a few wrong. It may have seemed otherwise, because LSAC is very aware of how frequently people miss that.
If you're shooting for upper 170s, maybe cancel?
Sophie, there is a fine line between breaking someone's balls and breaking someone's balls, if you know what i mean.

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:58 pm

ThreeYears wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:
Sophie, there is a fine line between breaking someone's balls and breaking someone's balls, if you know what i mean.

sorry, I just wish when I was in a similar situation in February that someone had given me the same advice... well, maybe not, I didn't do too badly.

Okay, don't cancel, because any 170s score is helpful, just don't have your heart broken like me when I got my score.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:58 pm

The curve must be killer, with so many people thinking they got a 180. I wonder if a come from behind 180 is still possible for me, given that I already have a -1. Still means that I can miss one more though.

ThreeYears

Bronze

Post by ThreeYears » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Ragged wrote:The curve must be killer, with so many people thinking they got a 180. I wonder if a come from behind 180 is still possible for me, given that I already have a -1. Still means that I can miss one more though.
so many people my ass...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Well, I think all of us can say that we're looking at 175-180 as likely.

175+ makes up roughly 0.33% of the general population (so maybe 550 total scores in this range over the course of a year), but we are nothing if not unrepresentative of the general population. (Triple negative...score!)

The number of people expecting 175+ is not too out of the ordinary.

(But, by comparison, the number of 180s should end up roughly around 35 per year. If we all get 180 then something's wrong...)

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:02 pm

incompetentia wrote:Well, I think all of us can say that we're looking at 175-180 as likely.

175+ makes up roughly 0.33% of the general population (so maybe 550 total scores in this range over the course of a year), but we are nothing if not unrepresentative of the general population. (Triple negative...score!)

The number of people expecting 175+ is not too out of the ordinary.

(But, by comparison, the number of 180s should end up roughly around 35 per year. If we all get 180 then something's wrong...)

psh. Who cares if something is wrong.
180!!

omninode

Bronze

Post by omninode » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:04 pm

incompetentia wrote:
3|ink wrote:
incompetentia wrote:Maybe I'm just weird, but I didn't need to put the 'at least' part into my diagram to remember it. Was it really that much of a throw-off?

Regardless. I'm finally remembering a few of the agonizing questions I had about LR, and I'm pretty sure I'm wrong on at least one now.
Bye bye 180 (probably)
Welcom to the club.
Do we got fun and games?
Sorry, I think you want the jungle for that.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:05 pm

omninode wrote:
incompetentia wrote:
3|ink wrote:

Bye bye 180 (probably)
Welcom to the club.
Do we got fun and games?
Sorry, I think you want the jungle for that.
Where do we go now?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
incompetentia wrote:165 has been consistently -15 to -20 since 2007...recently trending toward the generous side of that. With a -13 to -16 estimate penciled in, you're probably looking at 166-168.
Looking back it is hard to believe I got a 164 the first time... I can't conceive of missing that many now. Not finishing LG might have had something to do with it, but still... missing more than 15? I don't think I missed 15 problems total on my last 4 PTs.
Most likely nerves no? Practicing in the environment we usually do is a lot more comfortable and stress-free compared to an LSAT room. Having all the hours of prep riding on the line makes people miss questions they normally wouldn't.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:19 pm

incompetentia wrote: Where do we go now?

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Leave two answers blank on the last section (LG).

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:00 pm

3|ink wrote:
incompetentia wrote: Where do we go now?
I can just imagine the property names now for LSAT Monopoly...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

58932ugahoige

New

Post by 58932ugahoige » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:56 pm

I don't remember this nurse rule of which y'all speak at all. It was an "at least" 2 spaces, not a "have 2 spaces between them"? That's not good. I haven't gotten a single logic games question wrong in my last 7 games, and that includes toy dinosaurs. If I missed this I"ll probably /self.

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Shmuckluk wrote:I don't remember this nurse rule of which y'all speak at all. It was an "at least" 2 spaces, not a "have 2 spaces between them"? That's not good. I haven't gotten a single logic games question wrong in my last 7 games, and that includes toy dinosaurs. If I missed this I"ll probably /self.
I know I'm blown. I don't remember the "at least" 2 so I'm pretty sure that I never considered it. I barely get any that I finish wrong but I do have a hard time rushing at the end so it still might not be far of PT average of 172 (like a 170 or 169 though). I was looking at joint PhD programs anyway so it looks like I might put off law school 5 years.

aesis

Bronze

Post by aesis » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Shmuckluk wrote:I don't remember this nurse rule of which y'all speak at all. It was an "at least" 2 spaces, not a "have 2 spaces between them"? That's not good. I haven't gotten a single logic games question wrong in my last 7 games, and that includes toy dinosaurs. If I missed this I"ll probably /self.
I don't know what you got for the first POE question since this was required for the right answer. Otherwise, you probably did fine on the other questions.

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:10 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
I know I'm blown. I don't remember the "at least" 2 so I'm pretty sure that I never considered it. I barely get any that I finish wrong but I do have a hard time rushing at the end so it still might not be far of PT average of 172 (like a 170 or 169 though). I was looking at joint PhD programs anyway so it looks like I might put off law school 5 years.

well, maybe that's only three wrong.
and with a -12 curve... you're still looking at a range up to 179.... theoretically.

It's way more unusual than getting a 180, to get -0 on every section... You just always mess SOMETHING up.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

58932ugahoige

New

Post by 58932ugahoige » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Like I said, I aced snakes and lizards, toy dinos, new and used CDs... If I blew a simple ordering game because I simply fucking overlooked the words "at least"... I was terrified of this happening. How could I have missed that, the one time it mattered?

The worst part is not knowing how many I got wrong. I'm also wondering how I got the POE question, lol. How didn't I see it there? Fuck!

ocplaytime

New

Post by ocplaytime » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:31 pm

The at least two rule was definitely not as big of a deal as people are making it to seem. They put it in there for this very reason causing people to doubt themselves and cancel. The one question that used it required another inference that was pretty clear after the previous questions. This was my last section so I remembered it pretty clear and was able to redo it when I got home. To be honest I'm a little more concerned about the driver/car game. The last two rules could have been easily mistaken into something else.

ocplaytime

New

Post by ocplaytime » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:36 pm

I ran out of time on the first lr (I had lrlrrclrlg). hoping that's gonna be the exp but doesn't look too promising. I wasted a good three minutes second guessing myself after bubbling the page in and going back on a few. stupid stupid moves.

oh btw screw you transnational African Americans. how do you go from pleasing flower talk to that bs

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Adjudicator wrote:For that rule, I just wrote down "at least" in front of it, with a double underline... Its not so much that I needed to see it as it is that writing it down helps you internalize it.
I'm pretty sure I wrote that but not sure I actually used it or remembered it in the questions though. Didn't get to the last 3 so hopefully it was not needed for the others

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”