The STUPIDEST thing I did with this LSAT was... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
58932ugahoige

New

The STUPIDEST thing I did with this LSAT was...

Post by 58932ugahoige » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:45 am

...come to this fricking website after I wrote it. I was feeling super hot--thinking I scored ~175--only to find out that I got the cardiologist question wrong because I can't read good.

Why did I open the Pandora's Box? WHY!?

Who else is feeling far less certain than they did right after they wrote it!? My advice to new test-takers will be to not even look at "Test Reaction" threads. I slept like a baby the night before my LSAT; now I am stressed.

Peg

Bronze

Re: The STUPIDEST thing I did with this LSAT was...

Post by Peg » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:26 am

Yeah, same here. I walked out of the test room feeling like I had owned the LR sections, that they were pretty easy...and now with the way everyone is talking about LR, I'm all but certain that I got cocky and therefore misread and therefore fell for all the traps that LSAC lays out for test-takers like me.

glacierfrost

Bronze

Post by glacierfrost » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:40 am

OP assumes without justification that those new test takers who do look at Test Reaction threads will in fact feel stressed.

PinkFloydPerson

New

Post by PinkFloydPerson » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:10 am

LOLZ @ above post

I had a paper prompt that said A papers (in part) "anticipate shortcomings in arguments"

I was sure to use " xxxx presumes, without justification..."

and of course soon after, "it follows that..."

The stupidest thing I did on the LSAT? I didn't follow my own rules that I preach for logic games. And I'm not even sure if I read some of the RC passages

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:46 am

Shmuckluk wrote:...come to this fricking website after I wrote it. I was feeling super hot--thinking I scored ~175--only to find out that I got the cardiologist question wrong because I can't read good.

Who else is feeling far less certain than they did right after they wrote it!? My advice to new test-takers will be to not even look at "Test Reaction" threads. I slept like a baby the night before my LSAT; now I am stressed.
You can score one wrong and still get a 180 :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

longdaysjourney

Bronze

Post by longdaysjourney » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:00 am

Shmuckluk wrote:...fricking...

yannab

New

Post by yannab » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:51 am

I felt great coming out of LR..only to find out that I completely missed the question about steel and electricity, and that flaw question about corporate income tax. Those may have been the two easiest questions on the test. Yet, I was able to get the brick house, rule of law, and the analogy question correct.

I am such a douche!!!!

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:58 am

From the LR debacle the last few days, I'm pretty confident I got almost all of the hard ones right including brick houses, owls, EKGs, antibiotic, shakespeare( there is still no consensus on this however but I feel LSAT wise my answer was the best fit). Now the easy LRs thats another question lol.

But in all seriousness, the STUPIDEST thing I did, even stupider than coming on the forums was misinterpreting a rule in a LG. The LG was so easy and I didn't get to take full advantage of it. I hope it doesn't sink me.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:59 am

kkklick wrote:From the LR debacle the last few days, I'm pretty confident I got almost all of the hard ones right including brick houses, owls, EKGs, antibiotic, shakespeare( there is still no consensus on this however but I feel LSAT wise my answer was the best fit). Now the easy LRs thats another question lol.
Tell me about it. I know I agonized over three and I don't think a single one of them has been mentioned as 'difficult' so far

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:00 am

incompetentia wrote:
kkklick wrote:From the LR debacle the last few days, I'm pretty confident I got almost all of the hard ones right including brick houses, owls, EKGs, antibiotic, shakespeare( there is still no consensus on this however but I feel LSAT wise my answer was the best fit). Now the easy LRs thats another question lol.
Tell me about it. I know I agonized over three and I don't think a single one of them has been mentioned as 'difficult' so far
PM me, I may remember

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:03 am

I'm cool. The less I remember the better probably anyway

DukeCornell

Bronze

Post by DukeCornell » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:05 am

I'm sooooo waiting to read about someone falling asleep during the October LSAT. Late night study sessions come at a high cost. :lol:

Tainted_Praise

Bronze

Post by Tainted_Praise » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:10 am

glacierfrost wrote:OP assumes without justification that those new test takers who do look at Test Reaction threads will in fact feel stressed.

LSAT humor.... How lame.... I laughed though.... Even lamer.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Tainted_Praise

Bronze

Post by Tainted_Praise » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:15 am

Anyhow the stupidest thing I did with the LSAT was take the test on my campus.... Stupid proctors... Crappy fold up desks.... No space. Blah.

champ33

Bronze

Post by champ33 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:18 am

I feel you OP.. even though I've confirmed a lot of my answers as correct with people on here, the fact that I keep coming on TLS is just making me continue to think about the LSAT constantly, and really there is no point of doing that right now.

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:25 am

champ33 wrote:I feel you OP.. even though I've confirmed a lot of my answers as correct with people on here, the fact that I keep coming on TLS is just making me continue to think about the LSAT constantly, and really there is no point of doing that right now.
Definitely this. Im getting some reassurance, but obsessing over the test is not going to make these 17 days go by any faster. And there are still questions that I suspect I got wrong and hearing the plethora of answers and explanations is only making me feel worse about them. Ugh, the 29th cannot get here fast enough!

crysmissmichelle

Bronze

Post by crysmissmichelle » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:38 am

lol about EKG questions. . .seriusly, I changed that one three times, to three different answers. . . still not sure if I finally understood it right. It was the last section and I was fried.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

brochocinco

New

Post by brochocinco » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:40 am

..get blackout drunk immediately after and forget all of the LR questions. Now I have nothing to talk about.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:41 am

brochocinco wrote:..get blackout drunk immediately after and forget all of the LR questions. Now I have nothing to talk about.
Assumption required: If brochocinco talks, it must be about the LR questions.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:31 pm

yes! the harder people think the test is the better the curve can be!!!! lal

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:54 pm

My dumbest thing--I suspect the adrenalin rush/panic made me toss all my methods and techniques out the window and rely on raw intelligence alone. Makes me think I'll end up with a score closer to my diagnostic (160) than my PT average (168). Blarg.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Enough prepping will move your test-taking strategies from the 'carefully-learned' part of your brain to the 'raw intelligence' part of your brain, though.

Don't give up hope on 170 =P

Juuuulie

New

Post by Juuuulie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:52 pm

DukeCornell wrote:I'm sooooo waiting to read about someone falling asleep during the October LSAT. Late night study sessions come at a high cost. :lol:
*raises hand*

I basically didn't sleep the night before. They let us into the room at about 8, so I dozed until test time, then dozed after I finished every section.

I felt I did really well, but maybe I was just dreaming it!

GoGetIt

New

Post by GoGetIt » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:54 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Shmuckluk wrote:...come to this fricking website after I wrote it. I was feeling super hot--thinking I scored ~175--only to find out that I got the cardiologist question wrong because I can't read good.

You can score one wrong and still get a 180 :mrgreen:
Or you can get all the other ones wrong as well and get a 120 :shock:

fosterp

Bronze

Post by fosterp » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Sandro777 wrote:yes! the harder people think the test is the better the curve can be!!!! lal
I don't think the perceived difficulty of the current takers really reflects anything about the curve. I am pretty sure they establish it based on the difficulty of questions, and that difficulty is assessed by the performance of previous takers as they do their experimental.

Then again I could be wrong since who knows what their system really is. Thats just what I read on lsatblog

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”