Compiled Hardest LR Questions

b4uu4b
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:36 am

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby b4uu4b » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:20 pm

DearCan wrote:
Attorney wrote:
DearCan wrote:No, there was a very obvious paradox.

Nope. In as general terms as possible, the question asked to explain the paradox between experiencing fewer bee stings while observing fewer bees flying around.


You misread the stimulus. Fewer bees around, but MORE bee stings.


+1.
Last edited by b4uu4b on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dabomb75
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby dabomb75 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Rudy wrote:Anyone else have trouble with networks vs. Broadcast? I think I got it but it was pretty weak.


yea, I think I got it as well, but only because it was the only by eliminating the rest of the answers and thinking "well I guess this is the only possible one it could be"

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Rudy wrote:Anyone else have trouble with networks vs. Broadcast? I think I got it but it was pretty weak.


This was actually pretty easy. There was a trick in it though, but the answer was very obvious once you got the distinctions between networks vs. broadcasts.

User avatar
alphagamma
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby alphagamma » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:21 pm

Rudy wrote:Anyone else have trouble with networks vs. Broadcast? I think I got it but it was pretty weak.

That one was easy, I thought. It was an "all of the following can be inferred EXCEPT" question, right?

sidhesadie
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby sidhesadie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:22 pm

b4uu4b wrote:
DearCan wrote:
Attorney wrote:
DearCan wrote:No, there was a very obvious paradox.

Nope. In as general terms as possible, the question asked to explain the paradox between experiencing fewer bee stings while observing fewer bees flying around.


You misread the stimulus. Fewer bees around, but MORE bee stings.


+1.

+1 more.

User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby jr1886 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Rudy wrote:Anyone else have trouble with networks vs. Broadcast? I think I got it but it was pretty weak.

I thought Network v. Broadcast was easy. If you can tell me what you pick, that would jolt my memory. But i think i got it right

User avatar
Attorney
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby Attorney » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:24 pm

I didn't misread it, you misread my analogy.

The bee stings were the crimes. They declined.
There were fewer bees around because they were being placed in a jar by their human overlords.
Last edited by Attorney on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:24 pm

jr1886 wrote:
Rudy wrote:Anyone else have trouble with networks vs. Broadcast? I think I got it but it was pretty weak.

I thought Network v. Broadcast was easy. If you can tell me what you pick, that would jolt my memory. But i think i got it right


There was only one choice that was the complete opposite of what the stimulus said.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Attorney wrote:I didn't misread it, you misread my analogy.

The bee stings were the crimes. They declined.
There were fewer bees around because they were being placed in a holding jar!


That's terrible logic.

overunderachiever
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby overunderachiever » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:25 pm

Attorney wrote:I didn't misread it, you misread my analogy.

The bee stings were the crimes. They declined.
There were fewer bees around because they were being placed in a jar by their human overlords.


lol! :lol:

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:26 pm

Ten bucks that in 24 hours this thread is as long as Waiting thread.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby kkklick » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:26 pm

DearCan wrote:
jr1886 wrote:
Rudy wrote:Anyone else have trouble with networks vs. Broadcast? I think I got it but it was pretty weak.

I thought Network v. Broadcast was easy. If you can tell me what you pick, that would jolt my memory. But i think i got it right


There was only one choice that was the complete opposite of what the stimulus said.


Yea, I remember seeing one choice that was obviously right.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby kkklick » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:27 pm

incompetentia wrote:Ten bucks that in 24 hours this thread is as long as Waiting thread.


+1

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby kwais » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:27 pm

are we serious about Shakespeare here? there were dozens of more complex questions than that one (or I fell into a trap)

User avatar
Attorney
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby Attorney » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:27 pm

DearCan wrote:
Attorney wrote:That's terrible logic.

Either "logic" or "terrible" doesn't mean what you think it means.

sidhesadie
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby sidhesadie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:28 pm

I don't even remember a network/broadcast question.

I'm beginning to wonder if I even took this test!!!!!

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Attorney wrote:
DearCan wrote:
Attorney wrote:That's terrible logic.

Either "logic" or "terrible" doesn't mean what you think it means.


If you say so. Regardless, there was an obvious paradox in the stimulus, and an obvious right AC. Give LSAC a little more credit.

User avatar
alphagamma
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby alphagamma » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:29 pm

incompetentia wrote:Ten bucks that in 24 hours this thread is locked.

Fixed.

User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby jr1886 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Why no one thought the highway speed limit was hard?
It slows me down considerably. I think it was a Strengthen Principle question

User avatar
Attorney
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby Attorney » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:31 pm

DearCan wrote:
Attorney wrote:
DearCan wrote:
Attorney wrote:That's terrible logic.

If you say so. Regardless, there was an obvious paradox in the stimulus, and an obvious right AC. Give LSAC a little more credit.

I've yet to see you respond to the logic in a coherent way. Evidently you think it is not obvious that fewer bees in the fields might commit fewer bee stings.

As for giving LSAC credit, they do drop questions because they mis-write questions, and I won't be surprised if they drop this one... but who knows, maybe they'll keep it. I'd guess that people with logic/economic/engineering/CS backgrounds hated this question, and liberal arts majors were possibly more likely to think it made perfect sense.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Attorney wrote:I've yet to see you respond to the logic in a coherent way. Evidently you think it is not obvious that fewer bees in the fields might commit fewer bee stings.

As for giving LSAC credit, they do drop questions because they mis-write questions, and I won't be surprised if they drop this one... but who knows, maybe they'll keep it. I'd guess that people with logic/economic/engineering/CS backgrounds hated this question, and liberal arts majors were possibly more likely to think it made perfect sense.


Well your first analogy was fewer bee stings, fewer bees. My only point was that the analogy for that question is more bee stings, fewer bees. Granted it's a reverse analogy so that it makes sense in the context of the question.

User avatar
alphagamma
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby alphagamma » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:35 pm

jr1886 wrote:Why no one thought the highway speed limit was hard?
It slows me down considerably. I think it was a Strengthen Principle question

I vaguely remember that question. Unfortunately, it has blurred together in my head with the bajillion other LR questions about speed limits.

User avatar
Attorney
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby Attorney » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:36 pm

DearCan wrote:
Attorney wrote:I've yet to see you respond to the logic in a coherent way. Evidently you think it is not obvious that fewer bees in the fields might commit fewer bee stings.

As for giving LSAC credit, they do drop questions because they mis-write questions, and I won't be surprised if they drop this one... but who knows, maybe they'll keep it. I'd guess that people with logic/economic/engineering/CS backgrounds hated this question, and liberal arts majors were possibly more likely to think it made perfect sense.


Well your first analogy was fewer bee stings, fewer bees. My only point was that the analogy for that question is more bee stings, fewer bees. Granted it's a reverse analogy so that it makes sense in the context of the question.

So the number of bee stings committed did not decline? I'm 100% sure that the bee sting rate declined, not increased.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:36 pm

alphagamma wrote:
jr1886 wrote:Why no one thought the highway speed limit was hard?
It slows me down considerably. I think it was a Strengthen Principle question

I vaguely remember that question. Unfortunately, it has blurred together in my head with the bajillion other LR questions about speed limits.


I thought it was difficult, and I won't know if I got it right or wrong until the test is disclosed.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: Compiled Hardest LR Questions

Postby YCrevolution » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:37 pm

..




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cherrygalore, Google [Bot], smashbash, tedler and 5 guests