Any1 w/ a high score ever find out they got a wrong answer+

littlepixie11

Any1 w/ a high score ever find out they got a wrong answer+

Postby littlepixie11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:25 pm

while on here?
I feel so discouraged about finding out I have at least 2 wrong in LR...makes me paranoid that I got so many others wrong, because there are tons of other ones Im sure a lot of ppl forgot about/didnt post about.
I normally wouldn't write anyone as any1 but I tried to fit it in the subject line

kilgoretrout103

Re: Any1 w/ a high score ever find out they got a wrong answer+

Postby kilgoretrout103 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:26 pm

No, I'm worried, too. I'm a pretty high scorer, and I usually miss a handful even when I think I aced it. So the fact that I KNOW I missed several really does not bode well for me scoring in my practice test range...

EDIT: Although I realized that I missed them before I logged onto the boards on Saturday. No one here has convinced me of a new wrong answer, but of course that doesn't mean that my theories aren't totally wrong.
Last edited by kilgoretrout103 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:27 pm

LR is a section where its so easy to get oner wrong without even realizing it. To be honest, out of the 51 LR I found around 3 to be very difficult to solve, and about 5 I was unsure of. Otherwise pretty straightforward, just wait and see 19 days and counting!

littlepixie11

Postby littlepixie11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:28 pm

kilgoretrout103 wrote:No, I'm worried, too. I'm a pretty high scorer, and I usually miss a handful even when I think I aced it. So the fact that I KNOW I missed several really does not bode well for me scoring in my practice test range...

EDIT: Although I realized that I missed them before I logged onto the boards on Saturday. No one here has convinced me of a new wrong answer, but of course that doesn't mean that my theories aren't totally wrong.

Did going on here reaffirm those? Or are they on questions that weren't mentioned here?

Hamertime79

Postby Hamertime79 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm

On the other hand, the questions people have posted have pretty much been the most troublesome ones. So if you know that you only got 2 of these wrong I'd say that its not exactly dire.

mr_toad

Postby mr_toad » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:31 pm

The only thing that keeps me sane is that I always had the exact same feeling after a PT in the low-, mid- or high-170s (or even 180): trepidation colored by the assumption that I had really messed something up. Even on my best score ever (raw 99/101, scaled 180; PT, obviously, not the real thing) I would have been unsurprised by a 170. I just have no way of calling these things. I didn't get to two on LG, but last PT that happened, I still got a 175, so very hopeful.

kilgoretrout103

Postby kilgoretrout103 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:38 pm

littlepixie11 wrote:
kilgoretrout103 wrote:No, I'm worried, too. I'm a pretty high scorer, and I usually miss a handful even when I think I aced it. So the fact that I KNOW I missed several really does not bode well for me scoring in my practice test range...

Did going on here reaffirm those? Or are they on questions that weren't mentioned here?

Well, to be honest, I haven't actually checked what the majority opinion is on most of them, since that requires PMing. That's a really good point--maybe I'm only overconfident out of ignorance. I'm gonna go make a new thread.

@Hammertime: Well, one of the two I know I missed seems to have flown under everyone else's radar. I'm pretty sure I just misread an answer and punted an easy question. And, if experience is any guide, that's likely to have happened many more times as well. But yeah, I'm not really freaking out. I just have a high standard for myself.

littlepixie11

Postby littlepixie11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:40 pm

kilgoretrout103 wrote:
littlepixie11 wrote:

Well, to be honest, I haven't actually checked what the majority opinion is on most of them, since that requires PMing. That's a really good point--maybe I'm only overconfident out of ignorance. I'm gonna go make a new thread.

@Hammertime: Well, one of the two I know I missed seems to have flown under everyone else's radar. I'm pretty sure I just misread an answer and punted an easy question. And, if experience is any guide, that's likely to have happened many more times as well. But yeah, I'm not really freaking out. I just have a high standard for myself.

Go ahead and do it, it might be good and ull find out you actually got them right.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”