The experimental RC was harder.
63%
The experimental RC was easier.
37%

Total votes: 41

longdaysjourney

Poll for people with 2 RCs.

Postby longdaysjourney » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:49 pm

I had two RCs and I can't remember which was which...the passages have all blended together in my mind. However, I do remember that one was distinctly easier than the other. I know this is super subjective, but if the poll is weighted very much toward one side or the other it might possibly be a good indicator.

So, for people who remember which was which, please indicate if you thought that the experimental was easier or harder.
Last edited by longdaysjourney on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adjudicator

Re: Poll for people with 2 RCs.

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:51 pm

In my case, definitely harder. It was the hardest section on the test for me and I was praying that it would turn out to be the experimental one.

unattended bag

Postby unattended bag » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:52 pm

I felt like the experimental RC was much harder. Especially the passages about ownership and Kant. After finishing both sections, I assumed that the easier one was experimental, so I was definitely happy to find out it was real.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Harder. Or at least it made me more uncomfortable about my answers. I was somewhat glad when I saw the second section was also RC. It meant there was a 50% chance I could improve. The Jazz/novels passage was a bit tricker than I thought, and the fingerprinting passage seemed to have some traps in there as well. For the life of me I cannot remember what the last 2 were about.

I was so used to doing PTs that had RC 3rd or last (I only did 4 section PTs) that I dont think my brain was ready for RC that early.

overunderachiever

Postby overunderachiever » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:25 pm

I thought the experimental RC was easier, but that may be because the real RC section was my first section of the morning. Having those 2 sections back to back, followed by another LR section before the break was brutal....

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:21 pm

Easier, but according to my conversations with people I had the easy experimental RC (digital publishing, fingerprinting, Jazz).
Also, the tricky one on mine was in one of my major fields so it wasn't difficult for me.

Marquito38

Postby Marquito38 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:52 pm

I remember taking the experimental RC first and thinking, "Wow that was trickier than previous ones". I had the real one right after and thought it was relatively easier. I seemed to just easily breeze through the first 3 passages (not saying it was an easy section, just that it was easier in comparison).

Yeah the jazz and fingerprint ones had some tricky questions. I enjoyed reading 3/4 of the passages too, as well as the real section. Anyone else?

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:10 pm

i remember one was easier than the other... i dont know which one was which.... i do remember that I was happy that after RC RC i had 15 minutes to relax my brain...

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Marquito38 wrote:I remember taking the experimental RC first and thinking, "Wow that was trickier than previous ones". I had the real one right after and thought it was relatively easier. I seemed to just easily breeze through the first 3 passages (not saying it was an easy section, just that it was easier in comparison).

Yeah the jazz and fingerprint ones had some tricky questions. I enjoyed reading 3/4 of the passages too, as well as the real section. Anyone else?

Yeah, I thought in general the passages were not quite as dull on this test. The biology angle that they went with on the language one was kind of (okay, VERY) familiar, but I think the other ones were at least somewhat interesting.

dcman06

Postby dcman06 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:30 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:I had two RCs and I can't remember which was which...the passages have all blended together in my mind. However, I do remember that one was distinctly easier than the other. I know this is super subjective, but if the poll is weighted very much toward one side or the other it might possibly be a good indicator.

So, for people who remember which was which, please indicate if you thought that the experimental was easier or harder.

Assuming section 2 wasn't the real one, then that was harder. Had to bubble in B as the last two answers. I heard from my lsat class that this was in fact the experimental.

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:11 pm

Yeah this is a tough poll to answer because there were 2 xpRC sections. One about property law and another one about jazz. Am I right?

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:16 pm

JesusChrist wrote:Yeah this is a tough poll to answer because there were 2 xpRC sections. One about property law and another one about jazz. Am I right?

Correct.

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:30 pm

I had the one with kant.... so it's pretty much decided that that was the "hard" experimental?

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:32 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:I had the one with kant.... so it's pretty much decided that that was the "hard" experimental?

Property law and Kant, correct? Those were considered the two hardest passages in the experimentals I think.

I had a relatively simple one about digital publishing...none of the questions were difficult but I was really hungry while working on the passage so I probably didn't actually get them all right

CGI Fridays

Postby CGI Fridays » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:34 pm

Man, I loved the one on Kant. That entire RC section was significantly easier for me than the real one. I finished confidently with a few minutes left, while I guessed on the last two on the real one.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:25 am

I got caught up in running out of time for 1 question on my first section (LR)
So it took me 1-2 mins to focus on section 2 (RC-real)
Section 3 - RC experimental but I had cooled down from stressing about LR1 so it started off smoother.

I had fingerprint/jazz/publishing experimental. It seemed to be of the same difficulty as the real RC (normal passages, tricky questions/ACs)

OklahomasOK

Postby OklahomasOK » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:27 am

Harder, because of how they laid it out. The final passage had fewer questions, and was significantly easier than the rest, it kinda threw me, I knew ASAP it was exp though.

txsunshine

Postby txsunshine » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:36 am

I had LR RC RC LR LG

I thought the experimental was easier and I think the order was real first and experimental second? Anyway, I had the passages about Kant and property rights. I got tripped up on the animal behavior passage on the real one.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”