Help! can't remember if i messed up bubbling--cancel?

ajf7

Help! can't remember if i messed up bubbling--cancel?

Postby ajf7 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:04 pm

hi all,

ok, i might have messed up bubbling in on RC because i did the passsages out of order, but i simply can't remember for the life of me if i did. If so, is my only option to cancel? i definitely circled the answers correctly in my test booklet. if i did indeed mess up bubbling, can i possibly contest it? i doubt the lsac cares, and i'm sure they get thousands of woe-is-me stories by students, but i'm just wondering if they would possibly compare my test booklet w/ the answer sheet? i felt i did really well other than that, so this is pretty devastating for me to go through.

bk1

Re: Help! can't remember if i messed up bubbling--cancel?

Postby bk1 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:07 pm

If you misbubbled you can't contest it.

It depends what schools you are aiming for. If you aren't looking at the T6 then it is fairly irrelevant considering almost every single school takes your top score so you might as well not cancel and hope you didn't misbubble. If you are aiming for HYSCCN then I might consider cancelling.

nealric

Postby nealric » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:13 am

This is False. I successfully contested a mis bubble.

champ33

Postby champ33 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:20 am

nealric wrote:

PLEASE elaborate on this. I had some bubbling/erasure issues that I'm really hoping won't hurt me.

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:24 am

HYSCCN

Chicago takes your highest score while many lower-ranked schools, like Texas, average them. So it's not so clearcut.

etown989

Postby etown989 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:32 am

champ33 wrote:
nealric wrote:

PLEASE elaborate on this. I had some bubbling/erasure issues that I'm really hoping won't hurt me.

what i have heard they will allow you to appeal is if you are just one bubble off and then clearly 10 right in a row and your bubbles go down 28 when there are only 27 questions... something like this. They however will not give a shit about your test booklet circling.

rahimali

Postby rahimali » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:47 am

DUDE...YOU GOTTA KILL YOURSELF. THERE ARE NO OTHER ALTERNATIVES.

mellow out, man.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:57 am

nealric wrote:This is False. I successfully contested a mis bubble.

My mistake then, but I would doubt that the success rate on this thing is that high. I wouldn't count on a misbubble getting successfully contested even if it is possible.

niederbomb wrote:Chicago takes your highest score while many lower-ranked schools, like Texas, average them. So it's not so clearcut.

I meant generally. It isn't clearcut, but the T6 maybe average maybe don't depending on how they look at it and the rest almost exclusively don't with an exception or two.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:17 pm

No idea. To be honest, I don't see how anyone could misbubble. Or maybe I'm just obssesive complusive constantly co-ordinating my answer sheet to the question number. Well at least on the LSAT it pays to be anal.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:18 pm

kkklick wrote:No idea. To be honest, I don't see how anyone could misbubble. Or maybe I'm just obssesive complusive constantly co-ordinating my answer sheet to the question number. Well at least on the LSAT it pays to be anal.

It's pretty easy to misbubble in the middle of a section and skip one row up or down and continue from there without really noticing.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:33 pm

bk1 wrote:
kkklick wrote:No idea. To be honest, I don't see how anyone could misbubble. Or maybe I'm just obssesive complusive constantly co-ordinating my answer sheet to the question number. Well at least on the LSAT it pays to be anal.

It's pretty easy to misbubble in the middle of a section and skip one row up or down and continue from there without really noticing.

Yea I can see that, I never jump ahead in a section, I think I did once in RC because I was unsure of a few questions so I skipped around, but when I did decide to fill them in, I found myself corresponding back and forth from test to answer sheet to make sure I didn't make a mistake. I had a misbubble fiasco on a PT twice and ever since then I've been crazy about making sure.

Anyways, theres nothing you can do for now, just wait until you get your score and figure out the course of action at that point if necessary.

nealric

Postby nealric » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:29 pm

I realized I misbubbled a LR section with 2 minutes to go- didn't think I had enough time to erase and correct. I alerted the proctors and they made a note of it. After the test, the proctors allowed me to identify the questions I had skipped.

Called LSAC the next business day. First person I talked to told me I was SOL. Second person I talked to said there would be an $80 fee. Third person I talked to took care of me for free. I got my score back about 3 weeks late with full credit restored except for the questions I hadn't bubbled (i.e. I didn't get credit for what was in my exam booklet).

I think it helped my case that I would have only missed one question in that section had I not misbubbled. This made it pretty clear that it was a mistake (all correct followed by all wrong after a skipped question).

Mind you, this was back in 2006 so YMMV.

On the upside, this experience made my hyper-cautious on the bar exam, and I actually caught a misbubble on one of the MBE sections before it did any damage.

Perch

Postby Perch » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:35 pm

is anyone else just worried that they misbubbled in general? i didnt skip around much, but in the back of my mind im still thinking "what if i somehow messed it all up..."

fair/neurotic? I checked very often to check that I was on track, though I usually go page by page in LR, passage in RC and game in LG

Cromartie

Postby Cromartie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:39 pm

I almost ended up misbubbling the last 6 questions or so of my last section this morning. I had skipped a question within a passage. Luckily, I realized my error soon enough.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”