misconduct for no ziplock bag Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ResolutePear

Platinum

Re: misconduct for no ziplock bag

Post by ResolutePear » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:42 pm

paratactical wrote:Oh man, I nearly danced with joy when people at my LSAT in NYC were told they couldn't enter with their cell phones. It was great watching everyone try to decide if they wanted to hide their expensive phones outside. One girl tried to shove it down the front of her pants, but they were too tight and it was too easily noticeable.
They could of probably put up her hole, but it probably would get lost and get lodged in a lung or something like that.

...Happens with tampons I hear!

Attorney

Bronze

Post by Attorney » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:43 pm

paratactical wrote:Oh man, I nearly danced with joy when people at my LSAT in NYC were told they couldn't enter with their cell phones. It was great watching everyone try to decide if they wanted to hide their expensive phones outside. One girl tried to shove it down the front of her pants, but they were too tight and it was too easily noticeable.
:o :P :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :P :o

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:43 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
They could of probably put up her hole, but it probably would get lost and get lodged in a lung or something like that.

She'd have to put the phone on vibrate and hope she didn't get too many calls.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:45 pm

paratactical wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:

She'd have to put the phone on vibrate and hope she didn't get too many calls.
If I knew a girl that did that.. I'd set an autodialer to her number.

jtemp320

Bronze

Post by jtemp320 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:45 pm

If you got a real misconduct I assume you would have seen documentation ect.

You should have followed the rules to the letter just in case but I really dont think this warrants a misconduct notice (which is very serious). I took it in June and most people followed the rules and everything seemed to be pretty formal, took it again same test center and someone brought in a backpack and had it held at the front of the class - most people didnt have bags and just put their stuff in their pockets. I would try to find out from LSAC right away whether a real citation was issued and appeal it ASAP if it was - be humble, apologetic and emphasize that no attempt to violate the rules or cheat in any way was involved.

Anyway - my sympathies, that sucks and good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:51 pm

I guess I just didn't think that testing center was clearly specified. In certain circumstances it seemed to refer only to the testing room. I was one of three different people they said they were going to give their names to LSAC in case anyone was going to complain about it. They actually didn't say anything about a misconduct.
Can they report me for a misconduct without notifying me of a misconduct? And is this something that is reported with our scores and specifically what it is (I dont want them to assume something like I was looking at a wrong page- I just like Bach before I take the LSAT lol) The ipod was out of my hands long before we received our test packets. That doesn't seem particularly indicative of a bad law student to me (i SHOULD HAVE left it at home, but the last time I took it every single person in my room had a phone and they simply asked us to put them under our chairs... and even in this case every person had a hoodie on)

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:54 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote: (i SHOULD HAVE left it at home, but the last time I took it every single person in my room had a phone and they simply asked us to put them under our chairs... and even in this case every person had a hoodie on)
Please write the addenda "Well, I should have followed the rules, but they didn't make people last time, so I didn't think I had to pay attention to them at all" it will go over great. Be sure to make the addenda's margins < 1".

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:56 pm

paratactical wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote: (i SHOULD HAVE left it at home, but the last time I took it every single person in my room had a phone and they simply asked us to put them under our chairs... and even in this case every person had a hoodie on)
Please write the addenda "Well, I should have followed the rules, but they didn't make people last time, so I didn't think I had to pay attention to them at all" it will go over great. Be sure to make the addenda's margins < 1".
You're doing it wrong.

The poor (woman?) needs to pull the ol' bang-and-stab on the proctor. Nothing ever gets solved with words.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:57 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
paratactical wrote:
You're doing it wrong.

The poor (woman?) needs to pull the ol' bang-and-stab on the proctor. Nothing ever gets solved with words.
Ah, yes, give him the shank while he's getting the skank.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:58 pm

paratactical wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
paratactical wrote:
You're doing it wrong.

Ah, yes, give him the shank while he's getting the skank.
Yes. :lol: :shock: 8)

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:06 pm

KevinP wrote:*sigh* You guys are right. I retract my statement about appealing.... still seems a bit harsh imo.

I would appeal. They may dismiss it. If you did not have a plastic bag at your desk, but also did not have your wallet at your desk what is the complaint. You are allowed to have a watch and pencils at your desk and if you dont have anything else you are not breaking any rules.

You had absolutely nothing wrong at your desk.

Did they even file a misconduct? Or just say hey bring that crap up here

crysmissmichelle

Bronze

Post by crysmissmichelle » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Yeeeeahhh, the rules say you *can* have a plastic bag and gives the largest allowed dimensions. It does not say you MUST have a plastic bag to hold things in. . . .as long as you had nothing prohibited. . wallet not prohibited. . .they should shut the hell up.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:20 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:Yeeeeahhh, the rules say you *can* have a plastic bag and gives the largest allowed dimensions. It does not say you MUST have a plastic bag to hold things in. . . .as long as you had nothing prohibited. . wallet not prohibited. . .they should shut the hell up.
The rules state that the clear plastic ziplock bag is the ONLY thing you may bring into the room. Then the rules state the bag can only contain certain items. In other words, you are not allowed to bring those items into the room unless they are in the bag. OP violated the rule, even if the proctors allowed him/her to do it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nylost

New

Post by nylost » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:07 pm

yikes.. weird, people @ my test center had backpacks, handbags etc they were told to leave it in the front of the room.. someone even had like a gift bag from a store and the proctor noticed after the break that it was on her desk and just brought it to the front of the room for her lol..

thirdlibra

New

Post by thirdlibra » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:12 pm

do these things show up on my account anywhere if indeed I did get one?? I want to know for sure that they gave me one before I email LSAC about an appeal. Lol.

lalalawya

Bronze

Post by lalalawya » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:20 pm

Haha! When I took the test in June, some guy decide to hide his phone in a potted plant outside the building doors...unfortunately, the grounds sprinklers went off during the test and when he went to retrieve it, it was ruined. Oops.

I actually had a great experience at my testing center this past summer. My proctors were awesome and really fair. I also got lost on campus when trying to find the law school and some random grounds man gave me a ride on his golf cart straight to the door. I would be so upset if I would have had some of the experiences I have read; some things really are out of your control.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:49 pm

Wow. Its a misconduct to have something in your pocket that you dont access during the test? I thought the whole point of bags was to clearly identify things you could access during the break/bring into the testing center.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dubsky

New

Post by dubsky » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:02 pm

I've had a misconduct report filed against me last december when i wrote the test.
What happens is that, at the end of the test, the proctor gets you to sign the report. You get a copy of it. If you didn't get a copy, then a report was likely not filed.
Weeks afterwards, LSAC sends you a letter letting you know that the issue was resolved and not to repeat the same mistake again and any record of the misconduct is erased. It is as if it NEVER happened.

my misconduct ? I brought in a cell phone to the test but gave it to the proctor before testing had begun. I was also caught flipping through the corners of the test (trying to figure out what the order of the sections was.

That being said, any of you with silly "no bag" misconducts should be able to sleep fine at night :P

dubsky

New

Post by dubsky » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:06 pm

you can't "appeal" until you're found guilty of something, and you won't be.
also, my score was released approximately a week late.

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:03 pm

I was pretty pissed that they let people have water bottles out and drink during the test. They also offered collect cell phones, although nobody had actually brought one.

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:08 pm

This sucks for OP. At my test center the proctors actually had gallon ziplocks to give to people who didn't bring their own.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thirdlibra

New

Post by thirdlibra » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:08 pm

haha yea. I can atleast say that I did not try to cheat in any way..............im sure my score will reflect that. Lol.

thementor31337

New

Post by thementor31337 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:12 pm

There were quite a few people in my test center that didn't have zip lock bags. The guy sitting in front of me in the next row had all of his stuff shoved in his hoodie pockets. And he kept dropping stuff on the floor because he was so nervous, his hands were actually shaking....after that I didn't feel so bad.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:24 pm

dhrizek wrote:I was pretty pissed that they let people have water bottles out and drink during the test. They also offered collect cell phones, although nobody had actually brought one.
I drank from my bottle during the test. It really helped for sure, but I was afraid they were going to make me put it away. Not having water for the test would suck.

Also, did no one read the rules? I read that damn thing like 10 times.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:26 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:Also, did no one read the rules? I read that damn thing like 10 times.
This doesn't surprise me considering half of all people who take this test don't even go to law school.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”