27%
Maybe
33%

Total votes: 91

WonkyPanda

Re: This test...is it a signal?

Postby WonkyPanda » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:57 am

Adjudicator wrote:
WonkyPanda wrote:Fencing and Decagons?! You guys are freaking lucky!

My proctor took me into the janitors closet and said, "here's your experimental" ...I....I don't want to talk about the rest.

:|

Where did you take the test, so I can avoid it in the future?

South Central High

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:27 pm

St.Remy wrote:
longdaysjourney wrote:
St.Remy wrote:
GeePee wrote:You people are insane.

Find something better to do for the next 3 weeks.

+1

Says the guy who's posting on the same board at the same time

Yes, I and GeePee are both logged in at the same time and posting, thus proving that we are in fact different users. Thank you for pointing that out.

You misunderstand. I was simply pointing out how silly and hypocritical it is to post a message on a board that essentially says, "Find something better to do than post on this board."

GoGetIt

Postby GoGetIt » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:49 pm

tazmolover wrote:Wow no one is concerned about the different ordering of LG between different tests? ...

I don't think anyone is really too concerned about the difference in the ordering of everyone's sections. At the end of the day all that matters is the order on your test, no one else's. So I guess this is sort of irrelevant imo.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:52 pm

GoGetIt wrote:
tazmolover wrote:Wow no one is concerned about the different ordering of LG between different tests? ...

I don't think anyone is really too concerned about the difference in the ordering of everyone's sections. At the end of the day all that matters is the order on your test, no one else's. So I guess this is sort of irrelevant imo.

Talking intrasectional here, not the section ordering.

GoGetIt

Postby GoGetIt » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:58 pm

My mistake. Thank you for the clarification.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:08 pm

thegor1987

Postby thegor1987 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:19 pm

Last time I took the LSAT they had a Biology section, I was thinking 'what in the hell?! they really switched this test up in recent years! ' I wasn't even ready to answer questions about cellular respiration. Turns out I accidentally signed up for the MCAT, so actually the LSAT hasn't changed much at all. Still the same test, nothing too worry about!

Tainted_Praise

Postby Tainted_Praise » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:34 pm

champ33 wrote:Only thing I saw differently was the Shakespeare question. Seemed more like testing ability to use common sense rather than normal LR questions whose answers are determined exactly from the question stem.

Was it really common sense though? Because in order to answer the question you had to figure out which person would have incentive to write it in such a way....That was clearly spelled out in the question stem....

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:03 pm

did the answer to that...erm... "medieval playwright" question have to do with... erm... a performer?

granato

Postby granato » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:20 pm

I thought that the certain, um, performer would have a certain copy of something

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:45 pm

granato wrote:I thought that the certain, um, performer would have a certain copy of something

How would a medieval performer obtain a copy of waffles? You're making no sense.

Perch

Postby Perch » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:16 pm

FlanSolo wrote:I thought the games were all of about uniform difficulty. Don't think it really would have mattered to tinker with the order.

agree completely. nothing stood out as any easier/harder to me

granato

Postby granato » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm

incompetentia wrote:
granato wrote:I thought that the certain, um, performer would have a certain copy of something

How would a medieval performer obtain a copy of waffles? You're making no sense.

Really? Am I really retarded for thinking that a performer playing a role in waffle making would have a copy of waffle making instructions? I got the obvious answer (it was the only one that made sense to me sans the instructions part), chose it, then said "wait, the writer could not have had waffle making instructions!"

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:22 pm

granato wrote:
inck wrote:

Really? Am I really retarded for thinking that a performer playing a role in waffle making would have a copy of waffle making instructions? I got the obvious answer (it was the only one that made sense to me sans the instructions part), chose it, then said "wait, the writer could not have had waffle making instructions!"

He could have arrived at it by trial and error...although granted waffle irons were VERY scarce during the early 17th century, and trial and error would have MUCH more likely consumed all of the waffle irons that he could afford.
Last edited by incompetentia on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:50 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:You misunderstand. I was simply pointing out how silly and hypocritical it is to post a message on a board that essentially says, "Find something better to do than post on this board."

It's not silly and hypocritical in general, just while waiting for LSAT scores.

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:06 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:You misunderstand. I was simply pointing out how silly and hypocritical it is to post a message on a board that essentially says, "Find something better to do than post on this board."

I'm pretty sure the message that was communicated was not "stop posting on this board" but instead "stop posting on this thread." There are many things on this board that are useful, such as admissions advice, personal statement critiques, answers to specific application questions, and more. "This test...is it a signal" at the point which I made that post was not one of those threads containing useful information, so I was encouraging people to go elsewhere.

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:06 pm

GeePee wrote:

It's not silly and hypocritical in general, just while waiting for LSAT scores.

OHHH....Ohhhh...ohhh...ok... ok...that makes sense , yes, perfect sense. I'm glad you cleared that up.

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:07 pm

St.Remy wrote:

I'm pretty sure the message that was communicated was not "stop posting on this board" but instead "stop posting on this thread." There are many things on this board that are useful, such as admissions advice, personal statement critiques, answers to specific application questions, and more. "This test...is it a signal" at the point which I made that post was not one of those threads containing useful information, so I was encouraging people to go elsewhere.

Yet, you keep coming back for more?

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:04 am

Ragged wrote:I think they are definitely changing LR a bit to stay ahead of prep companies.

+1000

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”