Help! Need to know the order of RC passages

ajf7

Help! Need to know the order of RC passages

Postby ajf7 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:53 pm

Hi all--

I did the reading comp out of order (I did the passages with the most questions first), but I think I might have bubbled them in out of order! Does anyone remember the order of reading comp, and possibly the number of questions in each? I know the UN passage was first, but I can't remember the order after that. Was it UN, then the art forgery, then the comparative "animal-intention" one, and then the African American movement one? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Ishotthedeputy

Re: Help! Need to know the order of RC passages

Postby Ishotthedeputy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:23 pm

UN, Forgery, 2 Passage, African American

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:03 am

iif you thinkyou bubbled out of order, when you get your scores back ( along withthe answer sheet) check to see if you missed the questions because you bubbled the correct answer in the wrong place (your pattern is very similar, but in the wrong areas) if so, write down that you think you bubbled out of order because you did the passages out of order, and ask for a hand score, or further review.

I was worried i did this for the games- so i called lsac. the above response is what the lady told me to do. You have 60 days from when the score is released to get that notice sent. It definately gives you peace of mind.

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:07 am

northwood wrote:iif you thinkyou bubbled out of order, when you get your scores back ( along withthe answer sheet) check to see if you missed the questions because you bubbled the correct answer in the wrong place (your pattern is very similar, but in the wrong areas) if so, write down that you think you bubbled out of order because you did the passages out of order, and ask for a hand score, or further review.

I was worried i did this for the games- so i called lsac. the above response is what the lady told me to do. You have 60 days from when the score is released to get that notice sent. It definately gives you peace of mind.

They don't hand score the booklet... they hand score the scantron. Pretty sure I remember reading that answers selected in the booklet will be ignored. Not sure how hand scoring the scantron would help the OP.

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:09 am

no... but if you misbubbled the section, and thus put passage 2 answers where passage 1 should have been, op missed those answers. If op saw on his sheet that if you placed the block of answers differently, then s/he has a chance

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:14 am

northwood wrote:no... but if you misbubbled the section, and thus put passage 2 answers where passage 1 should have been, op missed those answers. If op saw on his sheet that if you placed the block of answers differently, then s/he has a chance

Which would amount to, please score answers 7-15 for 1-7. I have a hard time believing they would do this. Anyways, best of luck to both of you. If they are willing to do that then awesome, it just doesn't sound likely to me. Then again, you said you talked to LSAC. It is like if you skip a bubble, would LSAC accommodate and shift all the answers down one. I had this issue a few times on practice tests. By the time I realized what I had done, I would have to spend 5minutes and use half an eraser to fix my error.
Last edited by ArchRoark on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:16 am

thats what she said on the phone... what they do in real life, im not sure ( im sure she got a lot of calls by 5pm today about the test and probably was just trying to be reassuring)

if your still nervous sign up for december, take some time off and begin prep all over

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”