Cancelling Score questions

Pierced

Cancelling Score questions

Postby Pierced » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:28 pm

I've decided to cancel my score because I have a high score from a previous test and worry I might not have done as well. Below are some of the issues in the test center... does anyone have experience asking for a cancellation with free retest, and if so, would these qualify?
-test proctors interrupted us mid-section twice, starting and stopping the clock
-the lighting sucked and the proctors wouldn't let us switch desks
-test-takers had beeping watches that would go off.

Also, how bad does it look to retake the test again in December? My first score places me in 97th percentile. I retook and cancelled... should I just take the test again or does it look absurd?

thanks in advance!

jarofsoup

Re: Cancelling Score questions

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Pierced wrote:I've decided to cancel my score because I have a high score from a previous test and worry I might not have done as well. Below are some of the issues in the test center... does anyone have experience asking for a cancellation with free retest, and if so, would these qualify?
-test proctors interrupted us mid-section twice, starting and stopping the clock
-the lighting sucked and the proctors wouldn't let us switch desks
-test-takers had beeping watches that would go off.

Also, how bad does it look to retake the test again in December? My first score places me in 97th percentile. I retook and cancelled... should I just take the test again or does it look absurd?

thanks in advance!

So you have like a 170ish?? Cancel if you think you did bad, and say you had the flu or something. Make sure you say this in your letter to cancel. The law school recieves this.

You may not need to cancel.

Pierced

Postby Pierced » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:37 pm

Wait do the law schools really see your letter to LSAC requesting the cancel? I already wrote in, listing the circumstances beyond my control... I know it's whiny, but I wasn't on my game as a result. If this was my first time taking the test, I would have just kept my score, but I don't want to risk dipping below a 170. I'm only retaking because I want to have a shot at Stanford. grrrrrrrr

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Pierced wrote:Wait do the law schools really see your letter to LSAC requesting the cancel? I already wrote in, listing the circumstances beyond my control... I know it's whiny, but I wasn't on my game as a result. If this was my first time taking the test, I would have just kept my score, but I don't want to risk dipping below a 170. I'm only retaking because I want to have a shot at Stanford. grrrrrrrr

I was told by Santa Clara admission people that they get everything... but don't worry about it. Write an addendum further explaining the situation.

Law schools like context.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”