Atlas LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
niederbomb

Silver

Atlas LSAT?

Post by niederbomb » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:25 am

Who has used the Atlas LSAT materials?

What are they like for LG and RC, in particular? Helpful? Good for someone trying to go from the high 160's to the mid 170's?

gdane

Diamond

Re: Atlas LSAT?

Post by gdane » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:31 am

Its pretty agreed upon that these prep companies cater their services toward people trying to go from low to high scores, not from high to higher scores.
However, I used their explanations and their instructors are very kind and helpful. Give them a shot if you want.

Good luck!

dpase22

New

Re: Atlas LSAT?

Post by dpase22 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:52 pm

I was surprised at just how similar they were to the Powerscore Bibles. Having just worked through the Bibles, I couldn't help but juxtapose them in my mind. The conclusion I reached was this: they presented extremely similar methods, and they both rejected the same methods (e.g. they both opposed ever reading the question stem before reading the stimulus).

The difference across the boards was that Atlas was more concise and less redundant, but offered fewer example problems in the text than their Powerscore analogs. The similarities were so strong in fact, that I did not feel it would be worthwhile for me to get the Atlas books after the Powerscore books. So although I stuck with Powerscore, I think I would have gotten very similar results with Atlas.

*This post says nothing about online resources or classes offered

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”