Unsure about score...advice?

MysticalWheel

Unsure about score...advice?

Postby MysticalWheel » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:36 am

Hey dudes...and the girls. I took the LSAT this Saturday and I am unsure about what to do. Out of all the questions, I was unsure about exactly 9. I know that of those 9, I got 2 wrong for sure. The other 7 I have absolutely no idea. Asides from those 9, I am almost positive that everything else went down correctly. So, considering this and also considering that I am aiming for a 175, should I cancel? Or is the difference probably not going to be worth it? Any ideas? Oh, and once again, I am positive about these numbers!

-MW

tazmolover

Re: Unsure about score...advice?

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:37 am

GPA?

Target Schools?

PT score ranges?

Previous scores?

Previous cancels?

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:54 am

tazmolover wrote:GPA?

Target Schools?

PT score ranges?

Previous scores?

Previous cancels?

Whoops- sorry about not including that. This was my first time taking the test (and also no previous cancels/absences). PT score range was 171-180, with the average being about a 173/174. GPA is a 3.70, and as far as schools go, I am hoping to have the option of NYU, Harvard, Berkeley, Cornell, and Stanford. Some of those are reaches, but if I walk in with a 175 and my stated GPA, I think I will have a decent chance for at least some of those schools.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:56 am

MysticalWheel wrote:
tazmolover wrote:GPA?

Target Schools?

PT score ranges?

Previous scores?

Previous cancels?

Whoops- sorry about not including that. This was my first time taking the test (and also no previous cancels/absences). PT score range was 171-180, with the average being about a 173/174. GPA is a 3.70, and as far as schools go, I am hoping to have the option of NYU, Harvard, Berkeley, Cornell, and Stanford. Some of those are reaches, but if I walk in with a 175 and my states GPA, I think I will have a decent chance for at least some of those schools.

Since your aiming for really top schools I would have to say it all depends on your gut feeling on those 9 iffy questions.

It seems like you did take an educated guess though and not blind picks so I would say let it stand.

But who knows. When your aiming for a 175 1 or 2 questions can mean the difference between a 178 and a 171...

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:06 am

If your PT avg was 173/174, and you're sure you missed at MOST 9, I wouldn't cancel. Makes no sense.

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:20 am

Ok, thanks guys. I feel that of those 7 questions I am unsure about, the chances are that at least 2-3 are correct (given that I did not guess on them). If the curve of the test is anything like it has been in the past, then 175 should not be surprising. I think I'll stand for now.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”