Misconduct/Irregularities Notice - working overtime Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
planetbob

New

Misconduct/Irregularities Notice - working overtime

Post by planetbob » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:57 am

So I'm sure there have been tons of posts on this, but here's my plea for advice.

I was given a misconduct/irregularities written notice for working beyond time limits on the writing sample. Basically time was called, I finished the sentence I was on, and then was given the notice. Obviously I know that it was a violation (although kinda an anal one IMO), but I'd like any info on what to do/how fucked I am/possible outcomes etc...

Thanks in advance.

tazmolover

Bronze

Re: Misconduct/Irregularities Notice - working overtime

Post by tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:58 am

I believe i've said this before but...

there are no words to describe.

IBThatGuy

New

Post by IBThatGuy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:12 am

OK, I'll operate on the assumption that the OP isn't trolling.

1. Broke the rules. Shouldn't have done it (on what seems like a pretty good rule), and definitely shouldn't have gotten caught. Not good.

2. On the other hand, it's the writing sample. You might write a brief addendum, stating simply that you finished a sentence.

3. Back to the first hand, you really shouldn't have done that. Were I on an admissions committee, I'd probably wonder how you handled the multiple-choice sections - whether you cheated on them and simply didn't get caught.

4. How screwed are you? Let's imagine a scale of 1 to 10.
1 is getting into a fight in high school (me).
1.5 is stealing a t-shirt in high school, a solid 10 years ago (someone else posted that).
2 might be, say, charges for possession of alcohol (by a minor) as an undergrad.
3-3.5 might be multiple charges for said possession.

You know, I'm just going to stop myself there, because I'm having a tough time imagining how that scale finishes up. I'd say this seems bad, but not insurmountable.

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:44 am

--ImageRemoved--

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:52 am

All I can say is.... working beyond the time limit in the writing sample? In my room, I think every single person was finished with the writing sample with like 15 minutes remaining. The proctor even made a joke about it and apologized for having to make everyone sit there doing nothing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”