Concerning the nurse question logic game?

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:09 am

tazmolover wrote:
DearCan wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
naterj wrote:I don't believe the people who are saying nurses was last.

Why wouldn't you?

I know what I saw on my test.

I'm not surprised by this tbh. They surprised test takers before with a comparative reading passage out of nowhere. Switching up orders in LG wouldn't be anything THAT weird.

And also @DearCan. Artifacts was the loose sequencing game with the either or? I had that 2nd. I remember.


Yeah, extremely obnoxious questions that required hypotheticals.

I definitely had drivers, runners, nurses, artifacts. It's funny which games people say were most difficult. A lot of times it's the last one. People who had nurses last think nurses was the hardest, and people who had artifacts last think artifacts was the hardest.


They were all same for me. I think Artifacts was the hardest just by the virtue of the fact that it had the "Same effect" question that takes like 30 minutes to solve...especially when it's a freaking loose sequencing game with either or.


Jesus christ that question was difficult. I completely diagrammed that game on the side as far as permanent rules went, and then when I got to that question I just put that specific "loose" rule into my diagram. Even after doing that the answer wasn't readily obvious, but I was able to rule out all but one, so I chose it. That question gave me grief because I couldn't check it to be sure.

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:13 am

DearCan wrote:
Jesus christ that question was difficult. I completely diagrammed that game on the side as far as permanent rules went, and then when I got to that question I just put that specific "loose" rule into my diagram. Even after doing that the answer wasn't readily obvious, but I was able to rule out all but one, so I chose it. That question gave me grief because I couldn't check it to be sure.

Yeah I don't think I encountered that question type at all in my prep. I don't think I got that one right.

littlepixie11
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby littlepixie11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:41 am

My last question was more than 5 variables, it was a long sequencing game and it involved the variable L. NO clue which one it is.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby Jeffort » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:20 am

You guys are being silly. The questions in the scored sections are in the same order for everyone. The supposed 'proof' in this thread that LSAC changed things up by blendering the order of the scored games for different test takes is only proof that taking the LSAT may result in confusion, memory impairment, amnesia, hair loss, insomnia, anxiety, sexual dysfunction, fear of intimacy and fear of pencils and bubble sheets.

Seriously, giving the games in a different order to different students would completely go against the psychometrics used to develop the test and construct test forms that are designed to make sure its a consistent reliable standardized test with score measurement reliability and accuracy so that scores can reliably be compared to one another when evaluating LS applicants.

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:21 am

Jeffort wrote:You guys are being silly. The questions in the scored sections are in the same order for everyone. The supposed 'proof' in this thread that LSAC changed things up by blendering the order of the scored games for different test takes is only proof that taking the LSAT may result in confusion, memory impairment, amnesia, hair loss, insomnia, anxiety, sexual dysfunction, fear of intimacy and fear of pencils and bubble sheets.

Seriously, giving the games in a different order to different students would completely go against the psychometrics used to develop the test and construct test forms that are designed to make sure its a consistent reliable standardized test with score measurement reliability and accuracy so that scores can reliably be compared to one another when evaluating LS applicants.


No it doesn't. Did you take the test? All the games were of similar difficulty - which is why mixing up the order probably wouldn't matter.

And all the info here shows that they did mix up the order.

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:49 am

naterj wrote:I don't believe the people who are saying nurses was last.

It was DEFINITELY last. I CLEARLY remember my order.

I had drivers, artifacts, runners, nurses. I remember doing artifacts, half of drivers, nurses, runners, more drivers and guessing on 3 questions. I never do my games in the order they present them. I rank them in difficulty because I never finish that section and I need to maximize my points and minimize my guesses.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby Jeffort » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:50 am

tazmolover wrote:
Jeffort wrote:You guys are being silly. The questions in the scored sections are in the same order for everyone. The supposed 'proof' in this thread that LSAC changed things up by blendering the order of the scored games for different test takes is only proof that taking the LSAT may result in confusion, memory impairment, amnesia, hair loss, insomnia, anxiety, sexual dysfunction, fear of intimacy and fear of pencils and bubble sheets.

Seriously, giving the games in a different order to different students would completely go against the psychometrics used to develop the test and construct test forms that are designed to make sure its a consistent reliable standardized test with score measurement reliability and accuracy so that scores can reliably be compared to one another when evaluating LS applicants.


No it doesn't. Did you take the test? All the games were of similar difficulty - which is why mixing up the order probably wouldn't matter.

And all the info here shows that they did mix up the order.


Dude, you are wrong, the posts here do not prove anything other than what I said, and mixing up the order of the contents in a section WOULD matter and make a difference. The questions in the same scored sections for each test form are in the same order for everyone that gets a test form with the same 4 scored sections. It's a fact!

If you really want to figure out and understand why, you have a lot of reading about psychometrics ahead of you. As it specifically applies to development and assembly of LSAT test forms you can start with these articles to get your feet wet about the topic:

http://www.math.washington.edu/~billey/ ... Week.3.pdf

http://www.lsac.org/LsacResources/Resea ... -05-01.pdf

No, I didn't take the LSAT on Saturday. However, I've been an LSAT instructor and tutor for 9 years, so I read about and keep up with things about the test!
Last edited by Jeffort on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:51 am

400% sure that nurses was last.

I drew a golf course over question 20 because I considered it so difficult with all the hypotheticals.

I finished Artifacts game in about four minutes, I really don't see why people say it was difficult...

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby AreJay711 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:00 am

incompetentia wrote:400% sure that nurses was last.

I drew a golf course over question 20 because I considered it so difficult with all the hypotheticals.

I finished Artifacts game in about four minutes, I really don't see why people say it was difficult...


Artifacts wasn't that bad for me. Actually it was Runners that messed me up. I misread a rule then had to double back to fix it. I don't think the others were that bad but that one screwed me over so I couldn't finish Nurses.

littlepixie11
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby littlepixie11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:20 pm

any consensus? Games ordered differently within the LG section?

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:23 pm

I have to conclude that was the case, based on what we see here so far.

People are still denying it, but tell me something new.

logicgamesbrah
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby logicgamesbrah » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:24 pm

nurses was last for me as well, in my opinion this was the easiest game

kilgoretrout103
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby kilgoretrout103 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:51 pm

logicgamesbrah wrote:nurses was last for me as well, in my opinion this was the easiest game


Agreed. It was a straightforward strict sequencing game without any conditional reasoning. The only tricky part was the "at least two spaces between" rule.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:55 pm

There was just one question that required a LOT of carrying over inferences from other problems and diagramming out like eighteen hypos. Think that one took me over 8 minutes alone

littlepixie11
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby littlepixie11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Some of them weren't HARD, it was just that I had the harder ones first, and the easier ones did take little time (for me) and I needed an extra 3 min on them. That was what was frustrating, I knew they weren't hard, but timing killed me.

Hedwig
Posts: 835
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:56 am

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby Hedwig » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:04 pm

I think my order was: driving around, ........ running around?, finding some goddamn artifacts, and then nurses. Nurses was definitely last cause I remember diagramming around the STOP. I think driving was first because I was a little slow/hypotheticalling everything cause I was getting into the groove. I'm feeeeeling a little like running was second, and artifacts was third. But those two COULD be in either order, as I don't remember, really. The games blur together for me.

coffeetable
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby coffeetable » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:12 pm

I only remember the rules...

but

is the one with one variable and another variable are at least 2 spaces apart nurses or artifacts???
I had that one as my last one.

littlepixie11
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby littlepixie11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:13 pm

My last one involved something 2 spaces apart and variable L. No clue.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby Ragged » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Mine was: Drivers, Artifacts, Races, Nurses.

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby balzern » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Image
--ImageRemoved--
Image
Image

User avatar
compromises
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby compromises » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Mine was 1. Drivers 2. Nurses 3. Runners 4. Artifacts

I am 100% certain of this. Cruised through the first three, but felt uneasy as I definitely relied on hypos more than I feel I normally have to. Very few permanent deductions that I could remember. Artifacts was last, as I remember on my final question noticing that I had forgotten a rule about a certain artifact not being able to be found at a certain position, and having to go back to fix my answers. Luckily I had enough time, but as I said.. way too many hypos to be very comfortable after the fact.

My ordering was RC, LG, LR, LG, LR. First LG was a breeze, felt like I was crushing at the break, only to have a much tougher LG and a tricky LR after.

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:16 pm

balzern wrote:images


^180!

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby balzern » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
balzern wrote:images


^180!



hahah thank you thank you personally i love the old woman the best.

coffeetable
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby coffeetable » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:21 pm

again:


the game with one variable and another variable are at least 2 spaces apart
is this nurses or artifacts???


I had that one as my last one.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:28 pm

coffeetable wrote:again:


the game with one variable and another variable are at least 2 spaces apart
is this nurses or artifacts???


I had that one as my last one.

Nurses.


We DO indeed have two confirmed and supported orderings of games. DARN and DNRA.
Nonbelievers, repent.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, jagerbom79, SweetTort and 16 guests