Concerning the nurse question logic game?

im_blue

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Postby im_blue » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:02 am

Jeffort wrote:FYI, the games and RC passages are in the same order in the sections for everyone.

But it looks like ITT we had:
2 Drivers, Artifacts, Runners, Nurses
2 D, R, N, A
1 D, N, R, A

lalalalala

Postby lalalalala » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:08 am

just to add to the list...i thought mine was drivers, runners, artifacts, nurses. i was pretty sure nurses was last because it was the one i didn't finish. but then again, i felt really out of it the whole test, so i totally could be remembering wrong.

Chris_cpb

Postby Chris_cpb » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:10 am

lalalalala wrote:just to add to the list...i thought mine was drivers, runners, artifacts, nurses. i was pretty sure nurses was last because it was the one i didn't finish. but then again, i felt really out of it the whole test, so i totally could be remembering wrong.

Yeah I couldn't sleep the night before and my roommate's ex-girlfriend's dog was barking at 3 am. Thankfully I had an energy drink waiting for me in the morning.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:12 am

I know for a fact my order was.

Runner. Artifacts. Driver. Nurses.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:14 am

tazmolover wrote:I know for a fact my order was.

Hmm you're the only poster to not get drivers first.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:16 am

im_blue wrote:

Wait. Was drivers the one with the 4 spots and 5 choices?

if so that was my 3rd game.

nsideirish

Postby nsideirish » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:17 am

tazmolover wrote:
im_blue wrote:

Nope...that was the track runners.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:17 am

tazmolover wrote:
im_blue wrote:

no that was runners, the drivers game had 6 people in 2 cars

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:18 am

nsideirish wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
im_blue wrote:

Nope...that was the track runners.

Ok well I'm stupid :?

So umm..It was Drivers. Artifacts. Runner. Nurses.

J. Galt

Postby J. Galt » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:22 am

Nurses was my last game as well (DARN). I had LR, LG, RC, LR, LG, too. I blew through the first 3 games then choked a little on a few of the Nurse questions. Spent probably 15 minutes on it and only made two iffy guesses I think. Something about the gap between M and H kept throwing me off. This is the only tough spot that I really am worried about. I am mostly confident about the other tough questions like shakespeare, rule of law, brick houses, etc. Shooting for that 170.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:29 am

J. Galt wrote:Nurses was my last game as well (DARN). I had LR, LG, RC, LR, LG, too. I blew through the first 3 games then choked a little on a few of the Nurse questions. Spent probably 15 minutes on it and only made two iffy guesses I think. Something about the gap between M and H kept throwing me off. This is the only tough spot that I really am worried about. I am mostly confident about the other tough questions like shakespeare, rule of law, brick houses, etc. Shooting for that 170.

I think this is proof that the same test format does not ensure same ordering. I also had LR LG RC LR LG and artifacts was my last game. The M H thing threw me for a minute until I realized it didn't stipulate which had to come first.

J. Galt

Postby J. Galt » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:33 am

DearCan wrote:
J. Galt wrote:Nurses was my last game as well (DARN). I had LR, LG, RC, LR, LG, too. I blew through the first 3 games then choked a little on a few of the Nurse questions. Spent probably 15 minutes on it and only made two iffy guesses I think. Something about the gap between M and H kept throwing me off. This is the only tough spot that I really am worried about. I am mostly confident about the other tough questions like shakespeare, rule of law, brick houses, etc. Shooting for that 170.

I think this is proof that the same test format does not ensure same ordering. I also had LR LG RC LR LG and artifacts was my last game. The M H thing threw me for a minute until I realized it didn't stipulate which had to come first.

Yep. The part about which came first cost me several minutes for sure. I had a lot of time to spare luckily and managed to sort that out. It did make me doubt some answers though, and I retried my answers with my updated diagram. If I don't get a 170, I bet that that's the cause. I think I was just very mentally fatigued at that point. Not enough sleep, and I did not have enough food during my break.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:36 am

J. Galt wrote:
DearCan wrote:

Yep. The part about which came first cost me several minutes for sure. I had a lot of time to spare luckily and managed to sort that out. It did make me doubt some answers though, and I retried my answers with my updated diagram. If I don't get a 170, I bet that that's the cause. I think I was just very mentally fatigued at that point. Not enough sleep, and I did not have enough food during my break.

Yeah I was super tired too. I already have a problem with insomnia and test day jitters didn't help. I only brought a banana. :|

littlepixie11

Postby littlepixie11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:44 am

Excuse me, I am very tired, but I just want to make sure
Depending on the ordering of the test that you got, you had the games in diff orders as well??
so for example, if someone had LRLRLGRCLR vs someone with LRLGRCLRLG would have had games in different order??
I have never heard of this.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:46 am

littlepixie11 wrote:Excuse me, I am very tired, but I just want to make sure
Depending on the ordering of the test that you got, you had the games in diff orders as well??
so for example, if someone had LRLRLGRCLR vs someone with LRLGRCLRLG would have had games in different order??

I don't believe it. The games of the scored section are all in the same order.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:47 am

I can't say definitively because I only ever saw my test, but if someone else had LR LG RC LR LG and had nurses last, then yes.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:48 am

naterj wrote:

I don't believe it. The games of the scored section are all in the same order.

Well unless everyone who says they had nurses last are wrong, the games must be in a different order. I am 100% positive artifacts was my last game.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am

DearCan wrote:

I can't say definitively because I only ever saw my test, but if someone else had LR LG RC LR LG and had nurses last, then yes.

LR LR RC RC LG

Nurses was last. I distinctly remember because I misread the at least 2 spaces rule on the last game and was strained for time.

J. Galt

Postby J. Galt » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:51 am

I am 99% sure I had nurses last. Everything went so smoothly until I hit this section, and I was glad that I did not feel the need to look back over the other 3 games after I finally finished it with a minute to go. I finished the first three games in probably 16-18 minutes and spent the rest of the time on this game. I could be wrong as I was very mentally fatigued at this point (hungry too). I guess we'll see in a few weeks. It does seem that multiple sources are agreeing on multiple orders of games though which is interesting.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:52 am

tazmolover wrote:
DearCan wrote:

LR LR RC RC LG

Nurses was last. I distinctly remember because I misread the at least 2 spaces rule on the last game and was strained for time.

Artifacts was definitely last on my test. I did all the games in a row (I didn't skip around), and artifacts was the last game I was working on before time was called.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:55 am

I don't believe the people who are saying nurses was last.

J. Galt

Postby J. Galt » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:58 am

naterj wrote:I don't believe the people who are saying nurses was last.

There's a lot of us, and I really cannot imagine nurses being anything but last on mine. I remember diagramming the 1 through 7 right next to the "STOP..." thing on the bottom of the page. I think they might have had stuff in different orders this time. Regardless, I can accurately place drivers as the first game, and I though artifacts was immediately afterwards.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:59 am

Why wouldn't you?

I know what I saw on my test.

I'm not surprised by this tbh. They surprised test takers before with a comparative reading passage out of nowhere. Switching up orders in LG wouldn't be anything THAT weird.

And also @DearCan. Artifacts was the loose sequencing game with the either or? I had that 2nd. I remember.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:05 am

tazmolover wrote:

Why wouldn't you?

I'm not surprised by this tbh. They surprised test takers before with a comparative reading passage out of nowhere. Switching up orders in LG wouldn't be anything THAT weird.

And also @DearCan. Artifacts was the loose sequencing game with the either or? I had that 2nd. I remember.

Yeah, extremely obnoxious questions that required hypotheticals.

I definitely had drivers, runners, nurses, artifacts. It's funny which games people say were most difficult. A lot of times it's the last one. People who had nurses last think nurses was the hardest, and people who had artifacts last think artifacts was the hardest.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:06 am

DearCan wrote:
tazmolover wrote:

Why wouldn't you?

Yeah, extremely obnoxious questions that required hypotheticals.

I definitely had drivers, runners, nurses, artifacts. It's funny which games people say were most difficult. A lot of times it's the last one. People who had nurses last think nurses was the hardest, and people who had artifacts last think artifacts was the hardest.

They were all same for me. I think Artifacts was the hardest just by the virtue of the fact that it had the "Same effect" question that takes like 30 minutes to solve...especially when it's a freaking loose sequencing game with either or.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”