Concerning the nurse question logic game? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
policestate1234

New

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Post by policestate1234 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:27 pm

I had RC RC LR LG LR. My LG order was CARN.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Sandro777 wrote:oh snappp.... I thought the nursers were driving in the cars... yea it was last lol.
No! Youre confused.

Lil Wayne was driving the car, not the nurses...

s254w

Bronze

Post by s254w » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:29 pm

compromises wrote:So, if i misread the rule and diagrammed it as exactly two spaces and not at least two, my game wouldn't be totally thrown off right?

If you followed the rest of the rules, I believe you could have gotten 2 of the questions right.

Is this true? Someone else said only 1 question was affected by missing the at least.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Sadly this thread will not eclipse the interns thread from June, but I had hopes.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:32 pm

The good thing about the "new" logic games (52-61), in contrast to the "old" ones, are that misinterpreting or missing a rule will not kill you. Its very possible that one could still have gotten a decent number of questions correct in spite of messing up on a rule.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OrdinarilySkilled

Bronze

Post by OrdinarilySkilled » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:38 pm

bk187 wrote:Sadly this thread will not eclipse the interns thread from June, but I had hopes.
I misread the word "nurse" and thought it meant the profession as a whole as an example and not individual people so I assigned each person according to their probable profession (lightfoot is clearly an indian) and as a consequence my rules were reversed. I think this whole game should be thrown out. Clearly ambiguous.

ilikecheese

New

Post by ilikecheese » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:09 pm

OrdinarilySkilled wrote:
bk187 wrote:Sadly this thread will not eclipse the interns thread from June, but I had hopes.
I misread the word "nurse" and thought it meant the profession as a whole as an example and not individual people so I assigned each person according to their probable profession (lightfoot is clearly an indian) and as a consequence my rules were reversed. I think this whole game should be thrown out. Clearly ambiguous.
i agree. throw it out. i saw lightfoot and couldn't stop thinking about the edmund fitzgerald. entirely too distracting.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:15 pm

I definitely daydreamed them all as male nurses, which distracted me even more because somehow I then imagined them doing a rendition of YMCA like the Village People except all as male nurses.

...I don't even know

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:19 pm

s254w wrote:
compromises wrote:So, if i misread the rule and diagrammed it as exactly two spaces and not at least two, my game wouldn't be totally thrown off right?

If you followed the rest of the rules, I believe you could have gotten 2 of the questions right.

Is this true? Someone else said only 1 question was affected by missing the at least.
You would have missed at least 1, perhaps more. I only discovered my mistake when I had no means of eliminating any more of the AC on a CBT and was stuck with 2 equally "plausible" choices. You may have been stuck with 2 ACs and no way to differentiate between the right and wrong answer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pppokerface

Bronze

Post by pppokerface » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:21 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
s254w wrote:

You would have missed at least 1, perhaps more. I only discovered my mistake when I had no means of eliminating any more of the AC on a CBT and was stuck with 2 equally "plausible" choices. You may have been stuck with 2 ACs and no way to differentiate between the right and wrong answer.
What does CBT mean?

freon

New

Post by freon » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:23 pm

So, if i misread the rule and diagrammed it as exactly two spaces and not at least two, my game wouldn't be totally thrown off right?
Wow, I didn't even catch that on the test. Looks like I'm sitting for December.

filmorejive

New

Post by filmorejive » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:23 pm

pppokerface wrote: What does CBT mean?
Could be true

pppokerface

Bronze

Post by pppokerface » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 pm

Where do you guys find the Princeton Review LSAT reviews? cant find them on the website

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FF55

New

Post by FF55 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:15 pm

freon and others: You'll be fine. Only 1 question really turned on that part of that rule...

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:47 pm

this game can be scored pretty well if you missed that rule. I know one question depended on it, but the rest of them you could be able to figure it out. Also, the grab a rule question highlighted this rule for me. I guess a good way to triiple check the rules is to write them down, read them back according to your shorthand, then place a dot before the # when you use that rule to eliminate an answer choice on the grab a rule ( each rule usually knocks out a choice, with the exception of element goes in a specific place)

note: this is how I caught that rule: I guess its something to file away for the next time ( for fun?) you decide to do games or lsat prep

filmorejive

New

Post by filmorejive » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:11 pm

Another rule for this game, involving L, didn't really seem to be that important for many of the questions. At least it didn't seem to come into play too often for me.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Some LGs do have a tendency toward redundant rules.
Seems like one or more of the redundant rules though is usually used as the linchpin for multiple questions in the game.

At least that's how I've seen it in 54-58.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

s254w

Bronze

Post by s254w » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:55 pm

northwood wrote:this game can be scored pretty well if you missed that rule. I know one question depended on it, but the rest of them you could be able to figure it out. Also, the grab a rule question highlighted this rule for me. I guess a good way to triiple check the rules is to write them down, read them back according to your shorthand, then place a dot before the # when you use that rule to eliminate an answer choice on the grab a rule ( each rule usually knocks out a choice, with the exception of element goes in a specific place)

note: this is how I caught that rule: I guess its something to file away for the next time ( for fun?) you decide to do games or lsat prep

I caught the rule right at the end and went back and realized I had the grab a rule question wrong. So I fixed that but did not have time to apply it to the rest of my answers.

compromises

New

Post by compromises » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:38 pm

2014 wrote:
compromises wrote:I feel safe (from ban) posting this as I received it in a mass email from Princeton Review. There was definitely only one order of the games within the section. If in fact, this is too much information to post, let me know, but I assume that if PR is sending it, it must be okay.

Scored Games (23 questions)
The first game was a grouping game that asked you to divide 6 people into 2 carpools going to a business conference. The second game was a 1D order game in which you were asked to order 6 artifacts from oldest to most recent. The third game was a 1D order game with an Out column in which you had to determine which 4 players on a track team, out of a total of 5 players, were in 4 races and in what order they ran. The fourth game was a 1D order game that asked you to determine the sequence of 7 information sessions for nurses.
All that means is whatever PR staff member(s) took it had that order.

I had DARN for sure, but 100% believe the people who say they had artifacts last. N in particular was an extremely easy to remember game given the straight up sequencing diagram with 7 slots.
No, the email I received had reviews by any Princeton Review instructors and students that took the LSAT and did the review. If anybody would like to see the email just PM me your email address and I'll forward it your way. It includes breakdowns of each section, different possible section orderings, a chart of how difficult people thought the test was in comparison to the practice tests we did as students, etc.

Nothing totally groundbreaking, but a decent read.

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:24 am

naterj wrote:I don't believe the people who are saying nurses was last.
nurses was definitely last for me.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:32 am

filmorejive wrote:Another rule for this game, involving L, didn't really seem to be that important for many of the questions. At least it didn't seem to come into play too often for me.
I found Lightfoot to be very influential.

Then again, I imagined Lightfoot to be this counselor at a boot camp for troubled teens who all had to choose nature names and call their counselors by weird names like Lightfoot.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:42 am

Holes.

Confused7

Silver

Post by Confused7 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:04 am

Okay so I officially remember next to nothing about this game. I guess I should have paid more attention to the names, but usually I just process all the names LG throws at me as first initials....does someone want to help jog my memory?

compromises

New

Post by compromises » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:21 am

filmorejive wrote:Another rule for this game, involving L, didn't really seem to be that important for many of the questions. At least it didn't seem to come into play too often for me.
It came into play on a lot of my hypos, as for whatever reason I kept putting it in a restricted spot. I first noticed that I had forgotten about the rule at the end with less than 5 minutes remaining, and I had to fix 3 of my answers because of it.

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:22 am

eit wrote:
I found Lightfoot to be very influential.

Then again, I imagined Lightfoot to be this counselor at a boot camp for troubled teens who all had to choose nature names and call their counselors by weird names like Lightfoot.
Absolutely, lightfoot was huge. For such a light guy he was pretty heavy.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”