Concerning the nurse question logic game? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
DearCan

Bronze

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:09 am

tazmolover wrote:
DearCan wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
naterj wrote:I don't believe the people who are saying nurses was last.
Why wouldn't you?

I know what I saw on my test.

I'm not surprised by this tbh. They surprised test takers before with a comparative reading passage out of nowhere. Switching up orders in LG wouldn't be anything THAT weird.

And also @DearCan. Artifacts was the loose sequencing game with the either or? I had that 2nd. I remember.
Yeah, extremely obnoxious questions that required hypotheticals.

I definitely had drivers, runners, nurses, artifacts. It's funny which games people say were most difficult. A lot of times it's the last one. People who had nurses last think nurses was the hardest, and people who had artifacts last think artifacts was the hardest.
They were all same for me. I think Artifacts was the hardest just by the virtue of the fact that it had the "Same effect" question that takes like 30 minutes to solve...especially when it's a freaking loose sequencing game with either or.
Jesus christ that question was difficult. I completely diagrammed that game on the side as far as permanent rules went, and then when I got to that question I just put that specific "loose" rule into my diagram. Even after doing that the answer wasn't readily obvious, but I was able to rule out all but one, so I chose it. That question gave me grief because I couldn't check it to be sure.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:13 am

DearCan wrote:
Jesus christ that question was difficult. I completely diagrammed that game on the side as far as permanent rules went, and then when I got to that question I just put that specific "loose" rule into my diagram. Even after doing that the answer wasn't readily obvious, but I was able to rule out all but one, so I chose it. That question gave me grief because I couldn't check it to be sure.
Yeah I don't think I encountered that question type at all in my prep. I don't think I got that one right.

littlepixie11

New

Post by littlepixie11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:41 am

My last question was more than 5 variables, it was a long sequencing game and it involved the variable L. NO clue which one it is.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:20 am

You guys are being silly. The questions in the scored sections are in the same order for everyone. The supposed 'proof' in this thread that LSAC changed things up by blendering the order of the scored games for different test takes is only proof that taking the LSAT may result in confusion, memory impairment, amnesia, hair loss, insomnia, anxiety, sexual dysfunction, fear of intimacy and fear of pencils and bubble sheets.

Seriously, giving the games in a different order to different students would completely go against the psychometrics used to develop the test and construct test forms that are designed to make sure its a consistent reliable standardized test with score measurement reliability and accuracy so that scores can reliably be compared to one another when evaluating LS applicants.

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:21 am

Jeffort wrote:You guys are being silly. The questions in the scored sections are in the same order for everyone. The supposed 'proof' in this thread that LSAC changed things up by blendering the order of the scored games for different test takes is only proof that taking the LSAT may result in confusion, memory impairment, amnesia, hair loss, insomnia, anxiety, sexual dysfunction, fear of intimacy and fear of pencils and bubble sheets.

Seriously, giving the games in a different order to different students would completely go against the psychometrics used to develop the test and construct test forms that are designed to make sure its a consistent reliable standardized test with score measurement reliability and accuracy so that scores can reliably be compared to one another when evaluating LS applicants.
No it doesn't. Did you take the test? All the games were of similar difficulty - which is why mixing up the order probably wouldn't matter.

And all the info here shows that they did mix up the order.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:49 am

naterj wrote:I don't believe the people who are saying nurses was last.
It was DEFINITELY last. I CLEARLY remember my order.

I had drivers, artifacts, runners, nurses. I remember doing artifacts, half of drivers, nurses, runners, more drivers and guessing on 3 questions. I never do my games in the order they present them. I rank them in difficulty because I never finish that section and I need to maximize my points and minimize my guesses.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:50 am

tazmolover wrote:
Jeffort wrote:You guys are being silly. The questions in the scored sections are in the same order for everyone. The supposed 'proof' in this thread that LSAC changed things up by blendering the order of the scored games for different test takes is only proof that taking the LSAT may result in confusion, memory impairment, amnesia, hair loss, insomnia, anxiety, sexual dysfunction, fear of intimacy and fear of pencils and bubble sheets.

No it doesn't. Did you take the test? All the games were of similar difficulty - which is why mixing up the order probably wouldn't matter.

And all the info here shows that they did mix up the order.
Dude, you are wrong, the posts here do not prove anything other than what I said, and mixing up the order of the contents in a section WOULD matter and make a difference. The questions in the same scored sections for each test form are in the same order for everyone that gets a test form with the same 4 scored sections. It's a fact!

If you really want to figure out and understand why, you have a lot of reading about psychometrics ahead of you. As it specifically applies to development and assembly of LSAT test forms you can start with these articles to get your feet wet about the topic:

http://www.math.washington.edu/~billey/ ... Week.3.pdf

http://www.lsac.org/LsacResources/Resea ... -05-01.pdf

No, I didn't take the LSAT on Saturday. However, I've been an LSAT instructor and tutor for 9 years, so I read about and keep up with things about the test!
Last edited by Jeffort on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:51 am

400% sure that nurses was last.

I drew a golf course over question 20 because I considered it so difficult with all the hypotheticals.

I finished Artifacts game in about four minutes, I really don't see why people say it was difficult...

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:00 am

incompetentia wrote:400% sure that nurses was last.

I drew a golf course over question 20 because I considered it so difficult with all the hypotheticals.

I finished Artifacts game in about four minutes, I really don't see why people say it was difficult...
Artifacts wasn't that bad for me. Actually it was Runners that messed me up. I misread a rule then had to double back to fix it. I don't think the others were that bad but that one screwed me over so I couldn't finish Nurses.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

littlepixie11

New

Post by littlepixie11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:20 pm

any consensus? Games ordered differently within the LG section?

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:23 pm

I have to conclude that was the case, based on what we see here so far.

People are still denying it, but tell me something new.

logicgamesbrah

New

Post by logicgamesbrah » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:24 pm

nurses was last for me as well, in my opinion this was the easiest game

kilgoretrout103

New

Post by kilgoretrout103 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:51 pm

logicgamesbrah wrote:nurses was last for me as well, in my opinion this was the easiest game
Agreed. It was a straightforward strict sequencing game without any conditional reasoning. The only tricky part was the "at least two spaces between" rule.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:55 pm

There was just one question that required a LOT of carrying over inferences from other problems and diagramming out like eighteen hypos. Think that one took me over 8 minutes alone

littlepixie11

New

Post by littlepixie11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Some of them weren't HARD, it was just that I had the harder ones first, and the easier ones did take little time (for me) and I needed an extra 3 min on them. That was what was frustrating, I knew they weren't hard, but timing killed me.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:04 pm

I think my order was: driving around, ........ running around?, finding some goddamn artifacts, and then nurses. Nurses was definitely last cause I remember diagramming around the STOP. I think driving was first because I was a little slow/hypotheticalling everything cause I was getting into the groove. I'm feeeeeling a little like running was second, and artifacts was third. But those two COULD be in either order, as I don't remember, really. The games blur together for me.

coffeetable

New

Post by coffeetable » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:12 pm

I only remember the rules...

but

is the one with one variable and another variable are at least 2 spaces apart nurses or artifacts???
I had that one as my last one.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

littlepixie11

New

Post by littlepixie11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:13 pm

My last one involved something 2 spaces apart and variable L. No clue.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Mine was: Drivers, Artifacts, Races, Nurses.

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:15 pm

--ImageRemoved--

compromises

New

Post by compromises » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Mine was 1. Drivers 2. Nurses 3. Runners 4. Artifacts

I am 100% certain of this. Cruised through the first three, but felt uneasy as I definitely relied on hypos more than I feel I normally have to. Very few permanent deductions that I could remember. Artifacts was last, as I remember on my final question noticing that I had forgotten a rule about a certain artifact not being able to be found at a certain position, and having to go back to fix my answers. Luckily I had enough time, but as I said.. way too many hypos to be very comfortable after the fact.

My ordering was RC, LG, LR, LG, LR. First LG was a breeze, felt like I was crushing at the break, only to have a much tougher LG and a tricky LR after.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:16 pm

balzern wrote:images
^180!

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
balzern wrote:images
^180!

hahah thank you thank you personally i love the old woman the best.

coffeetable

New

Post by coffeetable » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:21 pm

again:

the game with one variable and another variable are at least 2 spaces apart
is this nurses or artifacts???

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:28 pm

coffeetable wrote:again:

the game with one variable and another variable are at least 2 spaces apart
is this nurses or artifacts???

Nurses.

We DO indeed have two confirmed and supported orderings of games. DARN and DNRA.
Nonbelievers, repent.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”