Concerning the nurse question logic game? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tazmolover

Bronze

Re: Concerning the nurse question logic game?

Post by tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:29 pm

I'm glad I didn't have artifacts last.

The moment I saw artifacts as my 2nd game I realized I needed to go into turbo mode just to finish on time.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:34 pm

balzern wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:
balzern wrote:images
^180!

hahah thank you thank you personally i love the old woman the best.
^this
The old lady picture is money!

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:45 pm

incompetentia wrote:
coffeetable wrote:again:

the game with one variable and another variable are at least 2 spaces apart
is this nurses or artifacts???

I had that one as my last one.
Nurses.

We DO indeed have two confirmed and supported orderings of games. DARN and DNRA.
Nonbelievers, repent.
Oh boy, the mass hysteria persists. Let's revisit this thread/topic once scores are released and the test is disclosed. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that the test disclosure files people will get will all have the same LG section with the games in the same order rather than two different versions of the section being released (which they would have to do if they indeed have two different LG orders of the same games), but do we really have to wait that long for me to be able to say 'I told you so'?

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Jeffort wrote:
incompetentia wrote:

Nurses.

We DO indeed have two confirmed and supported orderings of games. DARN and DNRA.
Nonbelievers, repent.
Oh boy, the mass hysteria persists. Let's revisit this thread/topic once scores are released and the test is disclosed. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that the test disclosure files people will get will all have the same LG section with the games in the same order rather than two different versions of the section being released (which they would have to do if they indeed have two different LG orders of the same games), but do we really have to wait that long for me to be able to say 'I told you so'?
Will you go on a self imposed permanent leave from TLS if you are wrong?

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Jeffort wrote: Oh boy, the mass hysteria persists. Let's revisit this thread/topic once scores are released and the test is disclosed. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that the test disclosure files people will get will all have the same LG section with the games in the same order rather than two different versions of the section being released (which they would have to do if they indeed have two different LG orders of the same games), but do we really have to wait that long for me to be able to say 'I told you so'?
We'll have to agree to disagree, then...I've seen at least 8 people who are sure of each configuration. They're not completely different, and the two games flipped are considered more difficult than the two games not flipped.

We're all going crazy after even just two days. And we have to wait 18 more?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:11 pm

tazmolover wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
incompetentia wrote:

Nurses.

Nonbelievers, repent.
Will you go on a self imposed permanent leave from TLS if you are wrong?
You mean like getting thrown off survivor island or something so I can't come back and am never heard from or seen again? :( Why would I agree to do that or would you want that? It would be pretty lame, so no I wouldn't do that but it doesn't matter what I agree to do if I'm wrong cuz in about 18 days I'll be proven correct.

If something unprecedented in LSAT history was done and you guys saying there were multiple games sections with the same games in different orders are proved correct I'll walk down the street and stand at the intersection for a while naked, wearing nothing but a big posterboard sign that reads "ATTN TLS people, I Jeffort was wrong and this is my punishment" and have pics of me doing that taken to post and prove I did it.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:14 pm

Jeffort wrote: If something unprecedented in LSAT history was done and you guys saying there were multiple games sections with the same games in different orders are proved correct I'll walk down the street and stand at the intersection for a while naked, wearing nothing but a big posterboard sign that reads "ATTN TLS people, I Jeffort was wrong and this is my punishment" and have pics of me doing that taken to post and prove I did it.
I can't wait. :wink:

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Someone make a poll for different orderings and we'll see. I had DARN for sure.

jfb

Bronze

Post by jfb » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:07 pm

I had DARN as well. For whatever reason, I thought Drivers was the hardest of the four.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Confused7

Silver

Post by Confused7 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:09 pm

tazmolover wrote:I'm glad I didn't have artifacts last.

The moment I saw artifacts as my 2nd game I realized I needed to go into turbo mode just to finish on time.
Maybe I missed something huge in the artifacts game but I honestly don't remember it being that bad....can someone explain the tricky part? Like was it one of the rules?

Also, I remember absolutely nothing about the nurses game...can someone help me to jog my memory on this too? >.<

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:10 pm

jfb wrote:I had DARN as well. For whatever reason, I thought Drivers was the hardest of the four.
This. Definitely this. I couldnt make heads nor tails of Drivers. The rest were pretty straightforward. I temporarily screwed up on Nurses, but I saw my mistake with enough time to fix it.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:18 pm

OK, here's a summary of the LG order that every poster ITT thinks they had:

cowgirl_bebop: D A R N
im_blue: D A R N
incompentia: D A R N
jfb: D A R N
J. Galt: D A R N
ragged: D A R N
tazmolover: D A R N

2014: had N last
coffeetable: had N last
littlepixie11: had N last
logicgamesbrah: had N last

chris_cpb: D R N A
DearCan: D R N A

nsideirish: D N R A
compromises: D N R A

eit: D _ _ N

So it looks like 12 posters saw a test consistent with D A R N, and 4 did not. Not sure what to conclude based on this...

treeborn

New

Post by treeborn » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:48 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
naterj wrote:I don't believe the people who are saying nurses was last.
It was DEFINITELY last. I CLEARLY remember my order.

I had drivers, artifacts, runners, nurses. I remember doing artifacts, half of drivers, nurses, runners, more drivers and guessing on 3 questions. I never do my games in the order they present them. I rank them in difficulty because I never finish that section and I need to maximize my points and minimize my guesses.
I had artifacts 3rd, and nurses 4th, but I felt that the artifacts game was the most difficult.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jjlaw

Bronze

Post by jjlaw » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:50 pm

I had DARN.

sidhesadie

Bronze

Post by sidhesadie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:08 pm

I know I had nurses last.

I do not recall if drivers or runners was first, but I know they were first and third bc they were on the left side, and artifacts and nurses on the right, lol.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:32 pm

So far, we all agree that drivers are first.
--ImageRemoved--
What an upstanding, flexible, beefy, manly, perfect...driver.

It's easy to remember what is 4th as well; it seems that 2nd and 3rd have the potential to get mixed up. So far, I haven't seen anybody put runners fourth.
How...tacky.

I've not seen a single person say DRAN either, so we currently have a majority for DARN as well as a fair number of people for DNRA and DRNA.

At the very least, there has to be SOME variation to account for this. Like LSAC:
This means Kevin Bacon must have transcribed Macbeth!

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:53 pm

im_blue wrote:OK, here's a summary of the LG order that every poster ITT thinks they had:

So it looks like 12 posters saw a test consistent with D A R N, and 4 did not. Not sure what to conclude based on this...
Some test takers consumed more, better and stronger combustible/intoxicating substances after the test than did others before trying to recall and post their memories of it.

We can sequence it like this:

People showed up and took test >>> started Image AND/OR Image right away after being set free from the test center (some people started doing this stuff in the parking lot, others waited to get home to start) >>> as the night went on Image, then more Image >>> then some Image set in >>> then, once they found a computer hooked up to the internet they read stuff, tried to think about and remember things, leading to some Image but did some drunk posting of their thoughts anyway >>> then Image happened after all the Image kinda ended for the night >>> after waking up there was some Image and Image >>> all leading to most people saying DARN and we are here now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:23 pm

littlepixie11

New

Post by littlepixie11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Based on numbers you could argue that LR LG RC LR LG order didn't exist cause the thread for that is tiny and made last minute, but it did. Its probably that more DARN people are on this thread. If people were totally imagining this stuff, itd appear in other test discussions for past tests, but it never did.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:36 pm

littlepixie11 wrote:Based on numbers you could argue that LR LG RC LR LG order didn't exist cause the thread for that is tiny and made last minute, but it did. Its probably that more DARN people are on this thread. If people were totally imagining this stuff, itd appear in other test discussions for past tests, but it never did.
You are on the supporting side of the theory that mass TLS user post-test day confusion about there being multiple orders of the same games in the scored LG section is a bunch of delusional nonsense and that the scored games were in the same order for everyone right?

It sounds like it, and if so you have a typo that is of the type of the dastardly slight phrasing change tactics questions writers use to cause confusion and get people that are not reading carefully to select incorrect answer choices when taking the LSAT.

In the bold above did you mean to say weren't rather than were? I hope so 8)

littlepixie11

New

Post by littlepixie11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Jeffort wrote:
littlepixie11 wrote:Based on numbers you could argue that LR LG RC LR LG order didn't exist cause the thread for that is tiny and made last minute, but it did. Its probably that more DARN people are on this thread. If people were totally imagining this stuff, itd appear in other test discussions for past tests, but it never did.
You are on the supporting side of the theory that mass TLS user post-test day confusion about there being multiple orders of the same games in the scored LG section is a bunch of delusional nonsense and that the scored games were in the same order for everyone right?

It sounds like it, and if so you have a typo that is of the type of the dastardly slight phrasing change tactics questions writers use to cause confusion and get people that are not reading carefully to select incorrect answer choices when taking the LSAT.

In the bold above did you mean to say weren't rather than were? I hope so 8)
No I didn't mean weren't. If people like to imagine that sections were switched up you would see posts like this about past tests, but there weren't. Its highly unusual that people are suddenly saying that they remembered games in certain sections vs threads about other tests where there is no mention of that. People might have been frazzled, but they are pretty on the spot and obsessed with the questions here.
Last edited by littlepixie11 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Thank you for the fun post Jeffort.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:59 pm

Jeffort wrote:
im_blue wrote:OK, here's a summary of the LG order that every poster ITT thinks they had:

Some test takers consumed more, better and stronger combustible/intoxicating substances after the test than did others before trying to recall and post their memories of it.

We can sequence it like this:

People showed up and took test >>> started Image AND/OR Image right away after being set free from the test center (some people started doing this stuff in the parking lot, others waited to get home to start) >>> as the night went on Image, then more Image >>> then some Image set in >>> then, once they found a computer hooked up to the internet they read stuff, tried to think about and remember things, leading to some Image but did some drunk posting of their thoughts anyway >>> then Image happened after all the Image kinda ended for the night >>> after waking up there was some Image and Image >>> all leading to most people saying DARN and we are here now.

quite classic... cheers indeed

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:20 pm

BTW, I'm going to stick to my commitment.

If it turns out that there were two or more different versions of the scored LG section with the same games in a different order for different people, I WILL do the naked thing wearing nothing but a poster board sign hanging from my neck standing at the intersection for a while and post pictures of me doing it! I'm not really worried about having to do that, but to keep me honest I'll say, With a tiny bit of googling I'm pretty easy to find, contact, call out and it would be easy to figure out the exact intersection with the shortest walking distance from my home I would do it at!
Last edited by Jeffort on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Jeffort wrote:Image

BTW, I'm going to stick to my commitment.

If it turns out that there were two different versions of the scored LG section with the same games in a different order for different people, I WILL do the naked thing wearing nothing but a poster board sign hanging from my neck standing at the intersection for a while and post pictures of me doing it!
Going to quote the 2nd one for good measure too, just in case. =P

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”