LR, LG,RC, break, LR, LG2 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
chrisbforever

New

LR, LG,RC, break, LR, LG2

Post by chrisbforever » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:45 pm

Okay, i'm confused which was the experimental for me. Can someone remember the format in my subject for their exam and please tell me which ones they thought were the experimental section on my exam?

I think I only had one reading comprehension, starting with the U.N and last one about African American history (which i didn't have enough time for)....anyway can someone help, thank you.

nsideirish

Bronze

Re: LR, LG,RC, break, LR, LG2

Post by nsideirish » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:48 pm

I had the same setup. The first LG was experimental.

rso11

Bronze

Post by rso11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:58 pm

Yep, ditto. Totally sucks cause I thought the 1st section was way easier than the real 5th section. Might have just been cause I wasn't expecting another games section, or b/c I was dead tired by then, though.

rso11

Bronze

Post by rso11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:59 pm

And I mean it's pretty obvious the 1st game section was the exp, since only 1 game section is scored and the exp is almost always before the break...

eliekedourie

Bronze

Post by eliekedourie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:01 pm

I was so disappointed when I saw that the 5th section was LG. I completely destroyed the first LG section. I finished with around 7 or 8 minutes left and leisurely checked all my answers. I had really hoped that it was real, but knew deep down that it wasn't.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rso11

Bronze

Post by rso11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:03 pm

eliekedourie wrote:I was so disappointed when I saw that the 5th section was LG. I completely destroyed the first LG section. I finished with around 7 or 8 minutes left and leisurely checked all my answers. I had really hoped that it was real, but knew deep down that it wasn't.
I KNOW. FML What'd you think of the first LR? I thought it was crazy hard, but some of that was prob nerves...

chrisbforever

New

Post by chrisbforever » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:04 pm

okay, can someone please refresh my memory about LG1 vs LG2 (5th section) without breaking any forum rules? I am trying to remember exactly what was what, but can't for the life of me.

rso11

Bronze

Post by rso11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:07 pm

Ummm honestly I don't remember the specific games in LG1 at all, only that it was super easy. LG2 had artifacts, races, nurses and something else.

eliekedourie

Bronze

Post by eliekedourie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:16 pm

I don't remember the first LG games section either. It was crazy how easy it was though. One question was about the occupation of certain sites during historical periods. That one was a breeze.

I did find the first LR section hard, but it's because I had a total nervous breakdown over not being able to focus on questions 1-4. I pulled it together on question 5, but that whole section was a total blur. Brick houses on that one was also tough. I couldn't focus on the questions that really required diagramming. I do remember thinking that the questions between #5 and the brick houses were fairly easy, but my recollection of that first LR section is so unclear I can't really on it.

I think I did well on the other real sections (particularly LG), so how I performed on the first LR is going to make or break me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chrisbforever

New

Post by chrisbforever » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:45 pm

I can't remember the nurse question at all, however, I do remember the rest.

etown989

Bronze

Post by etown989 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:04 am

rso11 wrote:
eliekedourie wrote:I was so disappointed when I saw that the 5th section was LG. I completely destroyed the first LG section. I finished with around 7 or 8 minutes left and leisurely checked all my answers. I had really hoped that it was real, but knew deep down that it wasn't.
I KNOW. FML What'd you think of the first LR? I thought it was crazy hard, but some of that was prob nerves...

+100000 finally a thread that had the same setup as mine. I found the first LR exceptionally difficult also. I marked off 8 answers that I wanted to go look over and I am normally a -2/4 range guy. Found the 2nd LR much easier only 2 I was iffy about.

kilgoretrout103

New

Post by kilgoretrout103 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:06 am

I had this test, too.

Not only was the first games section SOOOO much easier than the real one, but we also had to start off with that crazy hard LR section.

Seriously, I was not ready for that without any warm-up whatsoever. I remember the first question being unusually hard, too. I had to skip it and come back! The first question of the test! wtf

I ended up marking like seven or eight to return to, and reviewing maybe one of them. And LR is usually my strength: -1 or -2, tops. This time I wouldn't be surprised to see -5 or more.

EDIT: The first LG section had a distribution game about putting trees in orchards... I can't remember the others. But the real LG section went van drivers, artifacts, relay race, nurses.

waketiger

New

Post by waketiger » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:15 am

I had this setup as well, did everyone else's first LG section (experimental) have apple trees as one of the games?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chrisbforever

New

Post by chrisbforever » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:17 am

I don't remember anything about apple trees? can you say a little more without breaking forum rules?

waketiger

New

Post by waketiger » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:24 am

I thought my experimental LG section was impossible but I don't think I missed any on the real LG which makes me think I had a different experimental LG than a lot of people in this thread, that or it was just nerves doing it the first time.

kilgoretrout103

New

Post by kilgoretrout103 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:26 am

I think it was a distribution game into two categories. Something to do with trees. Maybe the elements were trees and the categories were orchards? Or the elements were apples and the categories were trees? I don't remember. But I do remember that two of the rules were conditional in nature, and one said "one element cannot be with a particular second element" and one said "two elements must be together."

jjlaw

Bronze

Post by jjlaw » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:26 am

kilgoretrout103 wrote:I think it was a distribution game into two categories. Something to do with trees. Maybe the elements were trees and the categories were orchards? Or the elements were apples and the categories were trees? I don't remember. But I do remember that two of the rules were conditional in nature, and two said "one element cannot be with a particular second element" and one said "two elements must be together."
Trees in North and South fields.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”