October LR questions: strangers and highway

Godlike

October LR questions: strangers and highway

Postby Godlike » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:14 pm

I am still quite unsure if I answered a few of the LR questions correctly. The questions in question are the "strangers" question and the "highway speed limit" question. I was shooting for 180 this test and don't think I got it due too not finishing the LG and guessing the last 2, but if I got the LR questions aforementioned right I may still have a chance. I am looking for other people scoring in the high 170s who would not mind letting me know how they arrived at their answers. Is there anyone who is willing to PM me a brief reasoning as how the arrived at their answer and how sure they were? I would be more than happy to discuss any of the other questions with anyone who can help me out. =)

minnbills

Re: October LR questions: strangers and highway

Postby minnbills » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Are you some sort of LSAC troll?

4for44

Postby 4for44 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:33 pm

minnbills wrote:Are you some sort of LSAC troll?

Genius move on LSACs part... I can just picture them as the Library cop from Seinfeld... "Whats my problem, punks like you [discussing answers before they're released] that's my problem."

LSU Undergrad

Postby LSU Undergrad » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:38 pm

I was just about to respond to you when I re-read your post and realized you are one of the most arrogant douche bags I've encountered in cyberspace and trust me, I've come across a lot of them.

I do find some perverse pleasure in that I am confident I got those one right and Mr. Perfect here did not.

If you are a troll, my hat is off to you. That was a good one.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:40 pm

but even if LSAC is doing that, what would happen? This is an internet forum. No one knows who I am or who you are and they aren't going to remove every tough question from scoring.

RPK34

Postby RPK34 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:43 pm

Godlike wrote:I am still quite unsure if I answered a few of the LR questions correctly. The questions in question are the "strangers" question and the "highway speed limit" question. I was shooting for 180 this test and don't think I got it due too not finishing the LG and guessing the last 2, but if I got the LR questions aforementioned right I may still have a chance. I am looking for other people scoring in the high 170s who would not mind letting me know how they arrived at their answers. Is there anyone who is willing to PM me a brief reasoning as how the arrived at their answer and how sure they were? I would be more than happy to discuss any of the other questions with anyone who can help me out. =)

What is this highway question everyone keeps talking about? I don't even remember a difficult highway question.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:43 pm

RPK34 wrote:
Godlike wrote:I am still quite unsure if I answered a few of the LR questions correctly. The questions in question are the "strangers" question and the "highway speed limit" question. I was shooting for 180 this test and don't think I got it due too not finishing the LG and guessing the last 2, but if I got the LR questions aforementioned right I may still have a chance. I am looking for other people scoring in the high 170s who would not mind letting me know how they arrived at their answers. Is there anyone who is willing to PM me a brief reasoning as how the arrived at their answer and how sure they were? I would be more than happy to discuss any of the other questions with anyone who can help me out. =)

What is this highway question everyone keeps talking about? I don't even remember a difficult highway question.

About high speed roadways and speed limits

Godlike

Postby Godlike » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:07 pm

LOL just re-read my post and I do sound like quite the douche bag. Sorry to come across that way, the reason I put that 170s only part in was that I did take the time to reply to everyone who PMed me and so I was trying to limit that number. 2000 messages would be a nightmare. This way I got 5-6 from people who I knew would be pretty spot on. To those who were curious which questions I asked about: the "strangers" question was one that posed an argument that long-term friendships are usually between close ages, and the "highway" one (this was ambiguous on my part as their were two highway questions) was about either 1) imposing a national highway speed limit, or 2) explaining a discrepancy about why travel times reduced when speed limit was reduced on an English highway.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:09 pm

I find it hard to believe you'll be scoring a 180 (let alone a 170) with such poor grammar and syntax.

I smell troll.

Godlike

Postby Godlike » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Most people don't put much effort into creating masterpieces of prose in forum posts. Since I don't have my score back yet, I can't deny that you may right. However, since my PT average was 177, I would be shocked to drop below 170...

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:14 pm

minnbills wrote:I find it hard to believe you'll be scoring a 180 (let alone a 170) with such poor grammar and syntax.

I smell troll.

They don't score the writing section :wink:

Ludacrispat26

Postby Ludacrispat26 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:15 pm

if anyone knows the answer to the strangers question i'd really really appreciate a pm.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:15 pm

voltage88 wrote:
minnbills wrote:I find it hard to believe you'll be scoring a 180 (let alone a 170) with such poor grammar and syntax.

I smell troll.

I was taking a shot at his intelligence... Which is kind of sad in its own right.

Godlike

Postby Godlike » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:16 pm

voltage88 wrote:

I smell troll.

LOL!!
This made my day.

aesis

Postby aesis » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:23 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
RPK34 wrote:

Meant to PM.

4for44

Postby 4for44 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:25 pm

aesis wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:
RPK34 wrote:

Meant to PM.

Good Catch... Almost permabanned

RPK34

Postby RPK34 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:26 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
RPK34 wrote:

I had two questions about speed limits and highways. One was a really easy question about travel times.

Are you talking about the other one, which I believe was a "justify the principle" question?

Godlike

Postby Godlike » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:30 pm

RPK34 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:
RPK34 wrote:

I had two questions about speed limits and highways. One was a really easy question about travel times.

Are you talking about the other one, which I believe was a "justify the principle" question?

Yes

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”