Worst Test Center Experience- Dumb Proctor

MrPapagiorgio

Re: Worst Test Center Experience- Dumb Proctor

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:47 pm

shanshan333 wrote:People like you also blow my mind. Why you have the time to shit on other people is beyond me. I suppose it's easy to snicker when you weren't distracted during your LSAT, and good for you I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I don't think it's silly not to be familiar with how LSAC administers LSATs. That is not exactly something that is common knowledge. The fact that you issued a non-elitist disclaimer was also hilarious.

Totally agree--since when did it make you a "white knight" to give someone advice and be helpful rather than be a prick?

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:49 pm

You guys would be singing a different tune if it was you in this situation.

But OP - be realistic. You won't get a few points. You won't get to take the tuesday exam.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:49 pm

ffonsok wrote:Wow... people like you blow my mind. I'm not even an elitist. Stomping your feet and yelling "BUT THAT'S NOT FAIR" may get you a hug from mommy, but the rest of the world doesn't give a shit.

So many white knights on TLS.

This place is crowded with elitists- not enough white knights IMO.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:52 pm

minnbills wrote:
ffonsok wrote:Wow... people like you blow my mind. I'm not even an elitist. Stomping your feet and yelling "BUT THAT'S NOT FAIR" may get you a hug from mommy, but the rest of the world doesn't give a shit.

So many white knights on TLS.

This place is crowded with elitists- not enough white knights IMO.

A little less sarcasm wouldn't hurt either.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:08 pm

tazmolover wrote:If that avatar is a picture of you and if the proctor was a male it may be him trying to hit on you.

It certainly sounds like that's what he was doing. Talk about a LAME move.

Anyway, there's no way you'd be able to prove it was sexual harassment. At best, the LSAC will let you cancel the test and they'll remove it from your record so the LS's won't see AND they'll let you take it free of charge in Dec.

shanshan333

Postby shanshan333 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:49 pm

Last edited by shanshan333 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:52 pm

shanshan333 wrote:Hey, thanks for changing the tone or thanks to the assholes for dropping off. Yes, I will be realistic. You're right and for that I'm glad that I made this thread. For a second I was totally regretting it. Now that I've read these posts I have a much better understanding of what I should expect, though I'm still going to ask them for some crazy accommodations. I'm not going to cancel. He may have screwed me up on a few questions since I didn't get to check stuff over so I might be just shy of getting that really high score, but I think my performance was pretty good. Got the hamlet question and some of the more difficult ones people were talking about. I only really know of one that I got wrong. Did every question. Screw the asshole, hopefully I prepared well enough to succeed regardless of even crazy circumstances like this one.

Next time (if there is a next time) wear the ugliest clothes possible. Then guys won't hit on you during the test!

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:53 pm

shanshan333 wrote:Hey, thanks for changing the tone or thanks to the assholes for dropping off. Yes, I will be realistic. You're right and for that I'm glad that I made this thread. For a second I was totally regretting it. Now that I've read these posts I have a much better understanding of what I should expect, though I'm still going to ask them for some crazy accommodations. I'm not going to cancel. He may have screwed me up on a few questions since I didn't get to check stuff over so I might be just shy of getting that really high score, but I think my performance was pretty good. Got the hamlet question and some of the more difficult ones people were talking about. I only really know of one that I got wrong. Did every question. Screw the asshole, hopefully I prepared well enough to succeed regardless of even crazy circumstances like this one.

That's the spirit.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:54 pm

Well, it's a shitty situation to be in. But unless you were shooting for a 175+ losing 2-3 minutes on a LR section shouldn't be a huge deal. It does suck, but I'm guessing you were still able to finish all the problems right?

I will say this- and this is a lesson we can all take... Don't let the proctors fuck you up! Don't forget that YOU are paying 130 bucks (or whatever) to take the test and you are entitled to take it fairly.

Going forward- don't always 'be compliant' (unless you're dealing with a cop!) in a situation like this.

shanshan333

Postby shanshan333 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:04 am

Last edited by shanshan333 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

getitdone

Postby getitdone » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:18 am

At rutgers someone started blasting music in the parking lot... luckily it was during the writing sample.. really quite hilarious..

everybody started laughing.. people would have probly been crying though had it happened during the real thing..

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:20 am

Write a complaint. The best thing that the LSAC can do for you is give you an extra shot for free or put a note in on your file that this happened....

This really the best the LSAC has to offer for these type of situations. I had a similar situation happen but it was very short lived.

If this makes you unhappy and you have some money the Civil justice system is always available to you.

I would love to see someone sue the LSAC over this type of stuff. The test is not fair because it is not uniformly administrated. How can some one who has proctors that are talking be said to have the same chance to get a high score then someone who has the perfect test??? It is BS and you have every right to go ape shit. It seems that the rate of proctor error is very high...

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:24 am

jarofsoup wrote:I would love to see someone sue the LSAC over this type of stuff. The test is not fair because it is not uniformly administrated. How can some one who has proctors that are talking be said to have the same chance to get a high score then someone who has the perfect test??? It is BS and you have every right to go ape shit. It seems that the rate of proctor error is very high...

I think testing centers at law schools tend to have more professional proctors since they're typically law staff or students, which cuts down on errors like talking during the exam, cell phones ringing, calling time early, etc.

shanshan333

Postby shanshan333 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:37 am

I will definitely threaten to sue to try and get some more out of them. Don't know if I'd actually spend the time and money going through with it. I wonder if they will be in tomorrow even though it's Columbus Day. I think I'm going to call so I can try and make some progress. Also, can I ask what you mean by short lived? Did you call and complain and did they work with you at all?

animalcrkrs

Postby animalcrkrs » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:43 am

im_blue wrote:I think testing centers at law schools tend to have more professional proctors since they're typically law staff or students, which cuts down on errors like talking during the exam, cell phones ringing, calling time early, etc.

I sort of agree with this generally, although I think it really is more on the proctor and their own common sense no matter where they are. Proctors as far as I know are not formally trained (or at least I wasn't), though the center administrator might be. I have proctored, and I began proctoring because my test experience was terrible (and at a law school) and I wanted to make a better test experience for others, which hopefully I have. I make damn sure I call 5 minutes and 0 time on time, and don't make a ton of noise during the test. It was ridiculous for the guy to bug someone DURING a section, but when you think about bitching about this, that and the other, think about if it really is the proctor's fault or something innocent or not in their control (temperature, sirens outside, random coughing of that one dude in the 5th row, and a squeaky chair are generally not the proctor's fault) Most proctors I have met are trying to do a decent job while making a few bucks on a weekend morning.

Also, I'll make a WILD guess threatening to sue will do you NO GOOD. The best you can hope for as a test taker is to make sure the guy doesn't proctor again.

shanshan333

Postby shanshan333 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:49 am

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:00 am

shanshan333 wrote:I do think that it was an "innocent" mistake. I think he really just made an awful judgement call. For the record, the three other proctors did not stop him or run after him to trying and deter him from distracting me. I also went up to them at the end to ask if I had in fact filled something out incorrectly. They told me they fixed it. Why couldn't they have done that in the first place? They also did not apologize. Really, all of them are sort of responsible. I'm sure this guy didn't come up to me on his own someone else might have sent him. I'm not saying that threatening to sue is going to get them to give me 10 pts or something. I don't think it will hurt me either. I just want them to know that I know my rights and that it is totally unacceptable that I have a disadvantage and was not granted the same opportunity and respect every other test taker was. I don't want to get someone fired. I do want him to be reprimanded though so that he will never do something like that again.

This definitely is a sucky thing that happened to you. Unfortunately, your best bet is a retake provided by lsac ;/. Also, try to go the nice route before threatening to sue a committee consisting of some of the best lawyers in the world. I wish you the best of luck!

gdane

Postby gdane » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:09 am

jarofsoup wrote:
I would love to see someone sue the LSAC over this type of stuff. The test is not fair because it is not uniformly administrated. How can some one who has proctors that are talking be said to have the same chance to get a high score then someone who has the perfect test??? It is BS and you have every right to go ape shit. It seems that the rate of proctor error is very high...

Youre an idiot for saying this. People like you are why this country's legal system is so messed up. People want to sue over anything. Now you have the Original poster talking about suing because she has rights and etc etc... ridiculous.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:14 am

shanshan333 wrote:I will definitely threaten to sue to try and get some more out of them.

This is a bad idea. It will not go well for you. Don't do this.

It really sucks that something fucked you up and I hope you did well enough that it's a non-issue, but threatening LSAC or demandnig that they give you a point or two is ridiculous and, at best, will end up reflecting negatively on you.

File a complaint and have the free retake available in case your score is not where you want/need it to be, but you really don't want to get lumped in with the kinds of people that threaten to sue LSAC and law schools over this stuff.

Longhorn88

Postby Longhorn88 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:17 am

Really? You're going to sue the LSAC? An association of lawyers?

Good luck with that.

gdane

Postby gdane » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:18 am

Longhorn88 wrote:Really? You're going to sue the LSAC? An association of lawyers?

Good luck with that.

You must be thinking of the wrong group. This is the LSAC we're talking about:
--ImageRemoved--

Postby 12262010 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:22 am

shanshan333 wrote:I will definitely threaten to sue to try and get some more out of them. Don't know if I'd actually spend the time and money going through with it. I wonder if they will be in tomorrow even though it's Columbus Day. I think I'm going to call so I can try and make some progress. Also, can I ask what you mean by short lived? Did you call and complain and did they work with you at all?

oh LULZ

logicgamesbrah

Postby logicgamesbrah » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:24 am

did you take the test at pace? im sorry but a girl next to me had a striking resemblance to your avatar picture and the proctors their were idiots so i could see it

gdane

Postby gdane » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:27 am

logicgamesbrah wrote:did you take the test at pace? im sorry but a girl next to me had a striking resemblance to your avatar picture and the proctors their were idiots so i could see it

Oh snap! This very well could be the case since ShanShan is in the NYC area...

2011Law

Postby 2011Law » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:31 am

OP, you are justified in being pissed, but suing (if you were taking it seriously) will not help you one bit.

Lawyers cost money.
The very best justice I can see you getting is a free re-take (Dec) and the proctor never proctoring again.
???
No profit.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”