Anyone Notice Any Changes On Saturday's Lsat?

Ssoto0055

Anyone Notice Any Changes On Saturday's Lsat?

Postby Ssoto0055 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:34 pm

If the October test takers don't mind helping us December takers. Were there any changes that you noticed from your practices or was it pretty much what you expected?

oreo3405

Re: Anyone Notice Any Changes On Saturday's Lsat?

Postby oreo3405 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:43 pm

Will this be your first test? My experience, as October was my first test, was that this seemed almost too easy to be the real thing (Mind you, that's not me being smart, I could just be really naive and falling into a lot of traps). Ive taken about 30+ PT's over the past few months with a study buddy. The atmosphere was very similar to my PT's, so nothing felt different. I actually think I almost felt MORE comfortable for the actual thing, my timing was better, who knows. RC was the only thing that killed me. Not knowing what section was next or the experimental I think was the biggest pain in the ass for the whole thing.

I took so many damn PT tests, it almost felt like a bad habit.

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:46 pm

I thought LR was hella easy compared to PT. RC was denser, not more difficult questions but the material was a dense read on 2 of them. I'm a pretty fast reader and usually have a lot of time at the end of RC (like 8-10 minutes) and I only had like 2 this time. But I thought the questions were no more difficult than PT.

I thought LG was hard. But I am good with one type and not the rest, and most of these were not the one type. LOL, some people seemed to have thought they were easy, so I guess it just depends on how well the actual test matches your individual strengths.

oreo3405

Postby oreo3405 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:50 pm

sidhesadie wrote:I thought LR was hella easy compared to PT. RC was denser, not more difficult questions but the material was a dense read on 2 of them. I'm a pretty fast reader and usually have a lot of time at the end of RC (like 8-10 minutes) and I only had like 2 this time. But I thought the questions were no more difficult than PT.

I thought LG was hard. But I am good with one type and not the rest, and most of these were not the one type. LOL, some people seemed to have thought they were easy, so I guess it just depends on how well the actual test matches your individual strengths.

I had the opposite problem as you, lol timing was rough with RC and LG was easy. I thought LR was a lot easier too but the fact that I think that scares the hell out of me haha.

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:52 pm

There was a sixth section called "feats of strength and valor" where you had to duel you proctor with a claymore...I'd at least get a few fencing lessons before you take the test.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:57 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:There was a sixth section called "feats of strength and valor" where you had to duel you proctor with a claymore...I'd at least get a few fencing lessons before you take the test.

Ugh, does anyone know how this was scored? I think I totally bombed it because the proctor cleaved off my left leg at the hip. :?

oreo3405

Postby oreo3405 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:02 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
longdaysjourney wrote:There was a sixth section called "feats of strength and valor" where you had to duel you proctor with a claymore...I'd at least get a few fencing lessons before you take the test.

Ugh, does anyone know how this was scored? I think I totally bombed it because the proctor cleaved off my left leg at the hip. :?

HAHA this just made my day...and now I want to play COD.

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Adjudicator wrote:

It's only a flesh wound, I don't think an adcom will hold it against you.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:04 pm

dhrizek wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:

....it's not a flesh wound....

Cleaved off...that's bones...flesh...muscles...everything.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:05 pm

dhrizek wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference? :D

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:18 pm

Adjudicator wrote:

I don't know how it's scored...but I did take a picture with the phone that I brought in:

I also took some video... the speech that our proctor gave was pretty epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hQC3nkftrk
Last edited by longdaysjourney on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:19 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:

I don't know how it's scored...but I did sneak in and take a picture with my phone:

Is that some ghetto version of Mad Max: Beyond the Thunderdome?

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:21 pm

tazmolover wrote:
longdaysjourney wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:

I don't know how it's scored...but I did sneak in and take a picture with my phone:

Is that some ghetto version of Mad Max: Beyond the Thunderdome?

I've never considered the sixth section of the lsat as a ghetto version of Mad Max: Beyond the Thunderdome, but in retrospect I'd say that's pretty apt.

ArghItsBlarg

Postby ArghItsBlarg » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:22 pm

You had to use a claymore? Must be a regional thing, I got to use a sabre.

I'm a speed reader as well and usually finish my RC's in PTs with 6-8 minutes left. For whatever reason I found my sections two and three (three was the dual passages) to be very dense to get through, and had just flipped over to four when the proctor gave the 5 minute warning. Naturally #4 was on African American History, which is a topic that just turns my brain off, and had 7 fricking questions associated with it. I had time to read the passage once, quickly, and then try to get through the questions. I think I was able to quickly do 5 and "B" the other two. It really threw me off my game.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:22 pm

dhrizek wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:24 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
dhrizek wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

Yes! haha

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:27 pm

ArghItsBlarg wrote:You had to use a claymore? Must be a regional thing, I got to use a sabre.

Well, we got to pick from one of two walls:

this one: --ImageRemoved--

or this one

Image.
Last edited by longdaysjourney on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Ya, I picked from the second wall but had to fight this:

Last edited by Patriot1208 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:32 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:Ya, I picked from the second wall but had to fight this:

NOOO, YOU RUINED MY JOKE BECAUSE YOU TOOK OUT THE PICTURE

Patriot what the eff. I thought you got banned for a second, but you're still posting. Everything kosher?

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:33 pm

DearCan wrote:

NOOO, YOU RUINED MY JOKE BECAUSE YOU TOOK OUT THE PICTURE

Patriot what the eff. I thought you got banned for a second, but you're still posting. Everything kosher?

I got banned yesterday, but for what I have no idea. They said discussing LSAT questions, which I did in PM's, but not on the forum.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:34 pm

ya, thanks for changing the picture back lol

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:35 pm

--ImageRemoved-- Yea, this guy was at my test center..word on the street is he preped with Barron's LSAT

kilgoretrout103

Postby kilgoretrout103 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:22 am

A serious answer for the original poster:

I thought this LSAT seemed very different compared to every other PT (and I took basically the ten or fifteen most recent).

Until now, there has been a consistent trend of games getting harder and harder. It did not continue. This time they were still not easy, but the wasn't anything particularly new, complex, or challenging.

Instead, LSAC pushed the LR like none other. I have never seen an LR section as difficult as the first one I opened to on Saturday. My advice: bone up on LR.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:28 am

kilgoretrout103 wrote:A serious answer for the original poster:

I thought this LSAT seemed very different compared to every other PT (and I took basically the ten or fifteen most recent).

Until now, there has been a consistent trend of games getting harder and harder. It did not continue. This time they were still not easy, but the wasn't anything particularly new, complex, or challenging.

Instead, LSAC pushed the LR like none other. I have never seen an LR section as difficult as the first one I opened to on Saturday. My advice: bone up on LR.

I feel the complete opposite. I thought LR was easier than the most recent PTs. I thought the games were extremely time consuming and more so than recent PTs. Even with all the correct inferences, several questions required time consuming hypos that you don't see as often, or at least not that many.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:36 am

longdaysjourney wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:

I don't know how it's scored...but I did take a picture with the phone that I brought in:

Wow... I didn't realize we were at the same testing center! I was actually incredibly relieved when the proctor told us to put our swords down at 30 minutes instead of 35...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”