Can we get to the bottom of this Experimental nonsense?

winc

Re: Can we get to the bottom of this Experimental nonsense?

Postby winc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:14 am

Hi Cowgirl, do you remember having a question about government cutting univserity budget as the last question as one of your LRs. Thanks.

AP-375

Postby AP-375 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:33 am

I just want to know, did everyone have herbal antibiotics/cooks, and brick houses?
That will answer the question for me.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:39 am

AP-375 wrote:I just want to know, did everyone have herbal antibiotics/cooks, and brick houses?

yes

jfb

Postby jfb » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:55 am

Patriot1208 wrote:
AP-375 wrote:I just want to know, did everyone have herbal antibiotics/cooks, and brick houses?

yes

I had a LG experimental, and I remember all of those questions being in my LR sections

AP-375

Postby AP-375 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:57 am

Sweet. Thanks so much for the definitive answer.
That section felt good.

lieg

Postby lieg » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:18 am

The herbal/brick houses questions that have been confirmed, were those in the LR with the strange/difficult stimuli or in one of the easier sections? For me I know my experimental has to be one of my first two LR's, which were back to back sec's 1 and 2. First was pretty hard, second was much easier and with both being 25 questions I'm having such a tough time remembering which questions came from what section. I do, however, remember that the herbal/brick houses were from the first half of the test. So....if they were from that harder section, I guess I'm (along with a lot of other people hoping for the same) screwed.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:50 am

winc wrote:Hi Cowgirl, do you remember having a question about government cutting univserity budget as the last question as one of your LRs. Thanks.

Honestly, I do not, but there was one question at the end of one of my sections that I totally did not have time to think all of the way through. That theme is unfamiliar. Do you remember any other Qs from that section?

winc

Postby winc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:45 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
winc wrote:Hi Cowgirl, do you remember having a question about government cutting univserity budget as the last question as one of your LRs. Thanks.

Honestly, I do not, but there was one question at the end of one of my sections that I totally did not have time to think all of the way through. That theme is unfamiliar. Do you remember any other Qs from that section?

Sadly I don't. I did well in the first section, then totally blackout on the secod and third, didnt know what i was reading. But if you can establish the antibiotic/chef question as the real section then i am pretty much screwed.

Thank your for your help

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:46 pm

winc wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

Sadly I don't. I did well in the first section, then totally blackout on the secod and third, didnt know what i was reading. But if you can establish the antibiotic/chef question as the real section then i am pretty much screwed.

Thank your for your help

yes, antiobiotic/chef was real
Last edited by Patriot1208 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:36 pm

winc wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

Thank your for your help

That was def real. I had two education questions. One was about countries and their education budgets and the other was voting for university presidents. Is either of those the question you are referring to?

winc

Postby winc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:00 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
winc wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

Thank your for your help

That was def real. I had two education questions. One was about countries and their education budgets and the other was voting for university presidents. Is either of those the question you are referring to?

yes, i was refering to the education budget, but that would mean the antibiotic question section is the experimental since i had those 2 questions in different sections and both were before the break.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:44 pm

winc wrote:yes, i was refering to the education budget, but that would mean the antibiotic question section is the experimental since i had those 2 questions in different sections and both were before the break.

Antibiotic was 100% real. I only had 2 LR sections and that was definitely on it. The anti-biotic/cooking question counted.

winc

Postby winc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:00 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
winc wrote:yes, i was refering to the education budget, but that would mean the antibiotic question section is the experimental since i had those 2 questions in different sections and both were before the break.

Antibiotic was 100% real. I only had 2 LR sections and that was definitely on it. The anti-biotic/cooking question counted.

I believe you. What about the education budget how sure are you on that one. Because if you had both, that would mean that the last section which I did well on is the experimental.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:08 pm

winc wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

I believe you. What about the education budget how sure are you on that one. Because if you had both, that would mean that the last section which I did well on is the experimental.

The question about funding education in different countries was also real. I remember struggling with that one.

winc

Postby winc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:27 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
winc wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

The question about funding education in different countries was also real. I remember struggling with that one.

Only the question i am refering to is about a country funding two universities' consistes of two different percentage of their repective budgets. are we talking about the same question? The question is a inference/must be true question

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:30 pm

winc wrote:Only the question i am refering to is about a country funding two universities' consistes of two different percentage of their repective budgets. are we talking about the same question? The question is a inference/must be true question

We may not be. I think there may have been similar questions. I know Im of little to no help, lol

lieg

Postby lieg » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:35 pm

Gosh, I am still so confused! lol. Has anyone officially nailed down if that crazy curveball LR section was in fact the scored one? if you had LR LR RC LR LG, it may have been the first one for you.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:57 pm

WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTANDING??????

LR real = EKG, Cardiologists, brick house, shakespeare, rule of law, car theft, parking cars, etc.
RC real = Black historians, UN resolution, comparative passage with language of humans and animals, forged paintings
LG real = drivers, nurses, artifacts, and track runners.
Last edited by Patriot1208 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTANDING??????

LR real = EKG, Cardiologists, brick house, shakespeare, rule of law, car theft, parking cars, etc.
RC real = Black historians, UN resolution, comparative passage with language of humans and animals, forged paintings
LG real = drivers, nurses, artifacts, and something else I can't remember.

Runners.

snappysnapper

Postby snappysnapper » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:23 am

I can understand the confusion, I'm still pretty confused myself. It's because even if you know the herbal question or whatever is real, its hard to remember, with so many LRs in close proximity, which section the herbal question was from for you.

I had LR LR RC LR LG same as OP, and also thought LR 1 was unusual and more difficult. I remember LR 2 for me had a question about humanlike robot caretakers and the influence of celebrity opinions. Could anyone without an experimental LR confirm if these came up on their tests?

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:31 am

snappysnapper wrote:I can understand the confusion, I'm still pretty confused myself. It's because even if you know the herbal question or whatever is real, its hard to remember, with so many LRs in close proximity, which section the herbal question was from for you.

I had LR LR RC LR LG same as OP, and also thought LR 1 was unusual and more difficult. I remember LR 2 for me had a question about humanlike robot caretakers and the influence of celebrity opinions. Could anyone without an experimental LR confirm if these came up on their tests?

I had RC LR LR LG LR and did not have either of those questions. LR 2 was the difficult one on my test.

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:41 am

i had LR RC RC LR LG...

one LR seemed to be unusually easier than the lr in the 50's. the other seemed to be a bit more difficult....

gendefect

Postby gendefect » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:49 pm

I also had LR LR RC LR LG and I also thought the first LR was strange and difficult. I'm VERY much hoping it's the experimental. I can remember a lot of the questions people are mentioning (including the robot one), but I can't for the life of me remember which one was in any of them.

I know the very first question of the very first section (which is the odd one I think/desperately hope was the experimental) was about if someone had the right to sell a business. As the very first question, which should have been quite simple, it struck me as odd and trickier than I expected and set the tone for that whole section. Did anyone who didn't have an experimental LR have that question?

nillumin

Postby nillumin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:52 pm

was the brick question in the same section as....the one about the uselessness of having an organ that outlives the body?

Snoring Meatball

Postby Snoring Meatball » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:35 pm

Does anyone who had RC or LG exp remember a question about a line in Mozart's Don Giovanni? It was on the right page, bottom left. That section seemed too good to be true.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”