What should I do?

txadv11

What should I do?

Postby txadv11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:09 pm

I took the 10-9 test. But for the 2 incidents discussed below things went decent.

Section 1 and 2 came and went with no problems. When section 3 started (and yes, it did count for me) the proctor began the timers and then sat down like usual. The proctor, on accident, hit a button or in some way rendered at least one of the timers invalid (I believe it was reset to 0 or something). The proctor spent about 2 minutes literally "beeping" the timer(s) I guess to try to get back on 'time' or sync them up. This was my reading comp section and I honestly need every minute on this section (why couldn't it have been on LG, LR, or the experimental?) I really don't know how or why it would take so long to set a timer, I now think the proctor pushed a button, rapidly tried to re-correct the timer and went over the time and had to do it yet again...or something like that....

Now if that wasn't bad enough,

I did my best to ignore the distraction and focus on the passages before me. If any section is spent on a time-schedule, it is definitely my reading comp.
The proctor called "FOUR minute warning" I looked to see my watch showed four minutes....

The proctor did say that she "wrote it up", but I believe that to be the second issue only...

I took my break and then did sections 4 & 5, and got out of there.

What should I do? I am not going to act like I deserve a 165 and this issue caused me a 145....nevertheless, I honestly feel I could have attempted at least 2-3 maybe 4-5 more questions, or been more accurate on the passages I did work (3/4) What would LSAC likely do if I filed a report? Does this go on my "file" for law school to see even though I had nothing to do with the issues? Would they invalidate my score? Would this delay my score?-This test was the last one that I can take to apply for early decision at the school I'm shooting for. What should I do, am I just being overly critical and upset?

edit- I have a previous score, and one absent, this was my second test.

Tainted_Praise

Re: What should I do?

Postby Tainted_Praise » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:16 pm

I wouldn't say anything to be honest....

WhatSarahSaid

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:18 pm

From posts in the past about LSAC complaints, the best-case scenario for you if you filed a report would be an offer to take the December test for free, or the option to get your score and have your applications include a letter that would talk about the testing conditions. It could delay your score.

Honestly, I think you're being overcritical and upset. Filing a report has almost no chance of benefiting you in the long run. There's a certain threshold of distraction that you have to be ready for (e.g., people coughing, proctors moving around). If you end up retaking in December, you may want to consider taking some practice tests in a setting that isn't completely quiet -- maybe a Starbucks or a crowded library.

txadv11

Postby txadv11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:20 pm

WhatSarahSaid wrote:From posts in the past about LSAC complaints, the best-case scenario for you if you filed a report would be an offer to take the December test for free, or the option to get your score and have your applications include a letter that would talk about the testing conditions. It could delay your score.

Honestly, I think you're being overcritical and upset. Filing a report has almost no chance of benefiting you in the long run. There's a certain threshold of distraction that you have to be ready for (e.g., people coughing, proctors moving around). If you end up retaking in December, you may want to consider taking some practice tests in a setting that isn't completely quiet -- maybe a Starbucks or a crowded library.

Ok, cool. I may have just been over thinking things and need to relax LOL.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”