Question about the answer sheet.

NJcollegestudent

Question about the answer sheet.

Postby NJcollegestudent » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:16 pm

I had a few, perhaps three or four, bubbles that i had to erase and then refill during the sections that i was working on. I erased it well, however, you could see some faint pencil marks. The question i have is if the machine reports it as not credited, when i have the credited answer correct on my answer sheet, how does LSAC handle that? Do they just take a look and change the score, or do i have to request a recount?

rso11

Re: Question about the answer sheet.

Postby rso11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:18 pm

NJcollegestudent wrote:I had a few, perhaps three or four, bubbles that i had to erase and then refill during the sections that i was working on. I erased it well, however, you could see some faint pencil marks. The question i have is if the machine reports it as not credited, when i have the credited answer correct on my answer sheet, how does LSAC handle that? Do they just take a look and change the score, or do i have to request a recount?

I've heard the machines are pretty good. But LSAC is not going to bother pulling your sheet and looking at it; you can pay to have it hand scored though, if you're really worried about it.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Those scanning machines are really not as sensitive to stray marks and badly-filled ovals as they tell you, it's just that some people are barely able to get their mark in the general vicinity of the proper oval, let alone neatly fill it in. They want those people to concentrate on being neat. An erased oval isn't going to screw you up. The scanner's looking for a certain amount of graphite, and an erased oval won't have it.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:30 pm

NJcollegestudent wrote:I had a few, perhaps three or four, bubbles that i had to erase and then refill during the sections that i was working on. I erased it well, however, you could see some faint pencil marks. The question i have is if the machine reports it as not credited, when i have the credited answer correct on my answer sheet, how does LSAC handle that? Do they just take a look and change the score, or do i have to request a recount?

Since you erased well you have nothing to fear/stress about from a few stray marks or mildly discolored areas in bubbles you changed your mind about and erased.

The bubble sheet scanners are very accurate and have built in protocols to determine what is and is not an intended bubble mark. They are programmed to scan for concentrated levels of #2 pencil graphite that are about the size of the ovals you bubble.

If you don't cancel your score you will receive a scanned copy of your bubble sheet and have the option to request hand scoring if you think the bubble sheet reader made an error about which answer choices you selected.

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:45 pm

I do not plan on canceling, as i think i got what i was pt at, thanks to the reasoning. It is good to know that they have some good internal protocols in place.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”