61's LG wasn't easy...

cinefile 17

Re: 61's LG wasn't easy...

Postby cinefile 17 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:55 pm

I took 60 and 61. 60 was a breeze for me. 61 killed me. I think it's impossible to know what the curve is until the curve it given. It's intimidating hearing everyone say it was easy, but in the end, I guess we wont know until scores come out.

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:04 pm

the posts about the LG section make me nervous. I didn't think it was hard and I finished early enough to check every answer. God I hope I didn't miss something somewhere. I usually can tell right away if I've missed something. =/
I got -0 on 59 and 60 though, so I don't know.

cinefile 17

Postby cinefile 17 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:05 pm

You're probably fine. Different people are good at different things. I felt nervous after the June test when I thought the LG were really easy, then logged onto TLS to find that everyone else was freaking out about them.

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:07 pm

cinefile 17 wrote:You're probably fine. Different people are good at different things. I felt nervous after the June test when I thought the LG were really easy, then logged onto TLS to find that everyone else was freaking out about them.

Thanks, I hope you're right. The wait is excruciating!

ThreeYears

Postby ThreeYears » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:11 pm

tazmolover wrote:
kpuc wrote:
smithryan94 wrote:I agree. I was basically -0/-1 on my last 8 PTs. And though the artifact questions weren't necessarily "hard" they were extremely time-consuming with all the hypos, thus I doubt we'll see many 23/23s.

Both Artifacts and Nurses lacked permanent rules and required more hypos than usual. They were conceptually simple yet difficult due to their open-endedness.

This sums up the entire 61's LG.

Agreed.

jwmalone87

Postby jwmalone87 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:21 pm

jjlaw wrote:I had two LG sections, so I might be remembering wrong. The second game seemed pretty straight forward for me. I can't remember if that was the artifacts game, but two of the items had to be in one spot or another, which restricted a lot of the other variables.

The tracks game was a little harder, but once you made the deductions about S and R, it seemed pretty straightforward.

I think there was also a sequencing game with a replacement rule question Can't remember if that was the artifacts game, but I made a major deduction about one item either coming before or after two other items, and the answers just jumped off the page.

The only game I had trouble on was the cars/driver game, which I'm pretty sure I missed 1 because I changed the answer at the last minute but wasn't 100% sure.

I'm not sure how much when can get into specifics (maybe we can), but do you remember what that S and R deduction for the tracks game was?

I finished the first two games with pretty good pacing, then hit a wall on tracks and nurses. Only ended up with two and half games answered with any confidence. Considering a cancel.

amkid100

Postby amkid100 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:27 pm

i'm kind of getting freaked out after reading these LG threads bc i thought it was very straightforward when i took it (i am a retake though). were there some tricks that i might have missed or anything?

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:29 pm

It was straightforward if you took the minor curveballs in stride. They were tricky, but manageable.

I think, as with anything, there are going to be people who didn't feel any problem with it, and those who thought they bombed it. Probably a similar proportion of each will end up killing it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”