Reading Comprehension Passages from the past?

njlaw

Reading Comprehension Passages from the past?

Postby njlaw » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:37 pm

I noticed that the first two passages were EXACTLY the same in topic as passages that I've practiced before. The only difference was that they were modified a little bit, especially the first passage. Did anyone else notice this?

As a disclaimer, this would likely only be noticed by someone who has prepared extremely extensively and did passage after passage (as I did).

Hedwig

Re: Reading Comprehension Passages from the past?

Postby Hedwig » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:38 pm

The reference to dancing bees was the only thing I liked about that RC section. I was like, haha, oh LSAT, throwing in little jokes to see who has prepared, are you?

njlaw

Postby njlaw » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:39 pm

That content was actually in the June '10 one as well. I was referrerring to the UN and the forgery ones.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:43 pm

Yes, I've noticed that too. Maybe December will have a passage about Native Americans?

ThreeYears

Postby ThreeYears » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:46 pm

KevinP wrote:Yes, I've noticed that too. Maybe December will have a passage about Native Americans?

aboriginals haven't showed up in a long time (except the race information).

njlaw

Postby njlaw » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:56 pm

This was so bad though I felt like I had seen the test before, like I had access to the test material in advance of the exam. Absolutely ridiculous, but good for me and anyone else who recognized it.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:01 pm

njlaw wrote:This was so bad though I felt like I had seen the test before, like I had access to the test material in advance of the exam. Absolutely ridiculous, but good for me and anyone else who recognized it.

Even though LSAC claims no outside knowledge in RC is needed, it damn sure helps. For example, I'm an engineering major and so I've had to take higher level physics classes which in turn made the riddled basin passage ridiculously easy for me.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”