How often, in your experience with LGs(not a OCT 2010 questi

jd20132013

How often, in your experience with LGs(not a OCT 2010 questi

Postby jd20132013 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:21 pm

How to put this...you know how when you're doing a type of question that you know, and you have certain inferences you've worked with before, and a question is asked, and your mind instantly jumps to an answer because in the past, when a question like that has been asked they generally put an inference into play in a certain way?

How often do those experienced educated guesses play out well for you

Does this make sense to anyone or is my sleep deprived brain still making no sense

cinefile 17

Re: How often, in your experience with LGs(not a OCT 2010 questi

Postby cinefile 17 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:32 pm

It sure doesn't make any sense to me.

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:40 pm

jd20132013 wrote:How to put this...you know how when you're doing a type of question that you know, and you have certain inferences you've worked with before, and a question is asked, and your mind instantly jumps to an answer because in the past, when a question like that has been asked they generally put an inference into play in a certain way?

Does this make sense to anyone or is my sleep deprived brain still making no sense

I think I understand what you're saying and the result really varies. It's the LG and every group has unique variables which makes it so prephrasing is just about impossible in my experience. I therefore prefer to avoid going with answers that jump out and usually make sure I can prove my answer right. When I don't have a chance to prove them right and just pick the one that jumps out I'd say it's 50/50 AT BEST.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:46 pm

jd20132013 wrote:How to put this...you know how when you're doing a type of question that you know, and you have certain inferences you've worked with before, and a question is asked, and your mind instantly jumps to an answer because in the past, when a question like that has been asked they generally put an inference into play in a certain way?

Its tricky. The games are all pretty much the same, just separated by type. Within each type, the same kinds of questions pop up. I think if you know the game and type, past experience can lead you in the right direction, but dont be fooled and pick it without being 100% sure. One word in the rules can change the entire nature of the game, and Im sure LSAC builds things like that into the games to see who they can catch sleeping.

jd20132013

Postby jd20132013 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:48 pm

I mean obviously you prefer to be 100% sure. But on those questions where you're able to eliminate one or two questions there's often a sense you can get of the answer that would reasonably be asked.

at least that's what i'm hoping

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”