When/how/what do we get when scores come out?--and App q.

When/how/what do we get when scores come out?--and App q.

Postby 2807 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi. My first LSAT.

1. Do we get an email with the score or check on LSAC obsessively?
3. Is it actually on Nov.1 ? (or after...?)
2. Do we get the actual questions and the right answers too?

also:

I plan to start my apps now while I wait, do I get them all ready, and then just wait to hit "submit" until I see that the score has auto-poulated? (assuming it does?)
-- Or do you get the score, go back, and add it to all of your apps?
--or, do I send them all off now, and the score catches up them ?

Thanks.

ohlawl

Re: When/how/what do we get when scores come out?--and App q.

Postby ohlawl » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:19 pm

2807 wrote:Hi. My first LSAT.

also:

I plan to start my apps now while I wait, do I get them all ready, and then just wait to hit "submit" until I see that the score has auto-poulated? (assuming it does?)

Thanks.

I believe it is email notification, and they say allow three weeks.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:22 pm

also:

Thanks.

1. I believe we get an email
3. People usually get their scores the Friday before, so check around the 29th
2. Honestly, no idea

You can send your apps and the score will be forwarded to the school, added to your report, and sent off by LSAC. I've already send half of my apps off and I have no score on file. They are simply holding my application and it will go complete when my score is added to my file.

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:24 pm

also:

Thanks.

1. Yes you will get an email.
3. It usually comes a few days before the set date.
2. Yes you'll get the test forms as well as the correct answers

also

You do not have to add the score to your apps, LSAC sends it automatically with every report. If you submit applications now LSAC will send the score when it is released and schools will not consider your application until they receive that score.

Postby 2807 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:33 pm

How about LOR's ? Can the apps go now, and the LOR's catch up later like the LSAT score? I am 1 of 3 for LOR's at the moment. ugh.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:37 pm

2807 wrote:How about LOR's ? Can the apps go now, and the LOR's catch up later like the LSAT score? I am 1 of 3 for LOR's at the moment. ugh.

Since you dont have a score on your file, LSAC isnt going to send out any school reports anyway. If you dont have the correct number of apps on file, they also wont send. Just make sure you get them in ASAP. I put in the information and assigned my LORs (Im only getting 2) to all of my applications even though one of them has not been processed yet (its on the way though).

Long story short, if you finish with the rest of your application, go ahead and send it in. The LORs and LSAT score will catch up later.

Postby 2807 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:38 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
2807 wrote:How about LOR's ? Can the apps go now, and the LOR's catch up later like the LSAT score? I am 1 of 3 for LOR's at the moment. ugh.

Since you dont have a score on your file, LSAC isnt going to send out any school reports anyway. If you dont have the correct number of apps on file, they also wont send. Just make sure you get them in ASAP. I put in the information and assigned my LORs (Im only getting 2) to all of my applications even though one of them has not been processed yet (its on the way though).

Long story short, if you finish with the rest of your application, go ahead and send it in. The LORs and LSAT score will catch up later.

Hi. When you said "correct number of apps on file.." did you mean correct number of LOR?

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:41 pm

2807 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

Hi. When you said "correct number of apps on file.." did you mean correct number of LOR?

Yes, that. My bad, lol. My UC Davis app was sent off last week, but my law school report is being held for my LSAT score and my 2nd LOR. On your LSAC Dashboard (online) you will be able to see which reports have been sent off and which ones are being held and why.

Postby 2807 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:47 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
2807 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

Yes, that. My bad, lol. My UC Davis app was sent off last week, but my law school report is being held for my LSAT score and my 2nd LOR. On your LSAC Dashboard (online) you will be able to see which reports have been sent off and which ones are being held and why.

Phew. Thanks. So.... Your actual school app (generated in the LSAC website off your "school list") is sent off to the school when you hit send or something? But then the school has to come back to LSAC and request the LSAC report? <-- and that report has the LSAT score, LOR, gpa stuff?

Thank you for any help. :)

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:00 pm

2807 wrote:
Phew. Thanks. So.... Your actual school app (generated in the LSAC website off your "school list") is sent off to the school when you hit send or something? But then the school has to come back to LSAC and request the LSAC report? <-- and that report has the LSAT score, LOR, gpa stuff?

Exactly right. The app is gone and the school requests the report afterward. That report has your LORs, transcripts, LSAT, etc. The application that you send only has the application form and any attachments you assign.

Postby 2807 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:35 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
2807 wrote:

Exactly right. The app is gone and the school requests the report afterward. That report has your LORs, transcripts, LSAT, etc. The application that you send only has the application form and any attachments you assign.

Thank you so much! Very clarifying, and right when I needed it!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”