to cancel? (misread rule artifact game)

cowgirl_bebop

Re: to cancel? (misread rule artifact game)

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:53 am

cinefile 17 wrote:
Rikkugrrl wrote:Freaking out now. I definitely don't remember an "at most" rule on the artifacts game.

It was AT LEAST, right? Don't freak ME out now.

Yes "at least", and I dont think it was artifacts anyway

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:55 am

I would not cancel. Especially if you have no recorded score. Cancel when you know you screwed up bad. This could have been 1 or 2 questions. I have done this on practicing before.

leidice

Postby leidice » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:58 am

I remember an "at least" on the drivers game.. but can't think of that factor as part of a rule for the other games.

WonkyPanda

Postby WonkyPanda » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:02 pm

Yes, it was definitely 'at least' we get to live in the united states of america which is so much better than Canada. I mean, we sometimes have two starbucks within 50yds of each other!

grover23

Postby grover23 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:07 pm

don't think it was artifacts either...

does anyone remember the third game? i remember drivers, artifacts, ?? nurses...

jd20132013

Postby jd20132013 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:09 pm

I remember catching that rule as I diagrammed.

Didn't really help me though

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:12 pm

WonkyPanda wrote:Yes, it was definitely 'at least' we get to live in the united states of america which is so much better than Canada. I mean, we sometimes have two starbucks within 50yds of each other!

I do believe this argument rests on the false assumption that there are NOT sometimes two Starbucks within 50 yards of each other in Canada... sadly, we have also experienced this phenomenon north of the border.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:14 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
cinefile 17 wrote:
Rikkugrrl wrote:Freaking out now. I definitely don't remember an "at most" rule on the artifacts game.

It was AT LEAST, right? Don't freak ME out now.

Yes "at least", and I dont think it was artifacts anyway

I remember an "at least" rule on one of the games, that I'd initially missed, but I'm pretty certain it wasn't artifacts. I think it was interns or something? I just remember the letters in my diagram that mattered with this -- H, J and M.
I never remember WHAT games are about because I just reduce them to letters/symbols.

ThreeYears

Postby ThreeYears » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:18 pm

The Gentleman wrote:Jesus I don't remember this rule at all.

It's the last game, there are 2 or more person between J and M.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:22 pm

I remember an "at least" rule... I wrote down "at least" and underlined it twice, so that I wouldn't forget.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:23 pm

grover23 wrote:don't think it was artifacts either...

does anyone remember the third game? i remember drivers, artifacts, ?? nurses...

Birds and watering places? I think. Unless that was on the experimental LG section.
There was also one about trains and mass transit systems which might have been on the real one. I think I've blurred the two LG sections I had together.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:23 pm

ThreeYears wrote:

H and M actually, and hallelujah! I was FREAKING out over this! Thank goodness I got that right!

WonkyPanda

Postby WonkyPanda » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:24 pm

eit wrote:
WonkyPanda wrote:Yes, it was definitely 'at least' we get to live in the united states of america which is so much better than Canada. I mean, we sometimes have two starbucks within 50yds of each other!

I do believe this argument rests on the false assumption that there are NOT sometimes two Starbucks within 50 yards of each other in Canada... sadly, we have also experienced this phenomenon north of the border.

Sigh, then the world may be 'at least' doomed for now.

I'm having fun with this!

....god, I'm a loser. This forums is such a cancer right now but it's kind of fun having everything sort of self-destruct at once.

ThreeYears

Postby ThreeYears » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:33 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
ThreeYears wrote:

H and M actually, and hallelujah! I was FREAKING out over this! Thank goodness I got that right!

I can never remember the name, or if it's human being or animal or what do they do....

the game is not as easy as it appears to be, every question requires it's own set up, almost,

the other three games had similar taste to it, i can see it freaking people out because it does require you to calm down and work your way through one by one instead of drawing a master diagram and "wala".

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:37 pm

ThreeYears wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:
ThreeYears wrote:

I can never remember the name, or if it's human being or animal or what do they do....

the game is not as easy as it appears to be, every question requires it's own set up, almost,

the other three games had similar taste to it, i can see it freaking people out because it does require you to calm down and work your way through one by one instead of drawing a master diagram and "wala".

I feel that's been the case with the last few PTs too. I had trouble with time on 55 or 56, I think, so I printed out all the hardest games I could remember and did them in timed sections of four games each. I think that helped with timing.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:44 pm

It was at least.... I wrote it above the rule....

I will say again. Do not cancel. It is 1 game out of 4. You probably did ok.

thecynic69

Postby thecynic69 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:03 pm

jarofsoup wrote:It was at least.... I wrote it above the rule....

ok isn't good enough. do you think it cost me more than 2 points? i.e., would such a difference be likely to be tested more than twice?

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:13 pm

i dont thikn it was that game. I remember the rule as being H and M are seperated by 2 PLUS spaces. What H and M stand for, i dont remember, but I do rememebr that that rule can be tricky.

eeh, i think that rule only hurts you on 2-3questions, and even if you mis wrote it, you still may have gotten the questions right.

Since you are happy with the other sections, i say keep the score. If you dont like it sign up for the december test

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:15 pm

thecynic69 wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:It was at least.... I wrote it above the rule....

ok isn't good enough. do you think it cost me more than 2 points? i.e., would such a difference be likely to be tested more than twice?

I dont know. But, I do not really understand how you could have made it through the game with out thinking that some questions were near impossible.

I messed up a rule too on a game. But I caught it and realized it only really affected one question.....You missed an "at least" which means you still got the spaces between part of it right, which could mean that you only missed one or two questions. If this is your first attempt and it is all you think you did wrong keep it. You can still get a 166 and blow an entire section of the test... I mean like close to 20 problems. So I would not cancel.

Most schools take the highest score and applying early with a 168 may be better than applying late with like a 169 or 170....

It is a gamble, but do you really want to start prepping all over again?

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:16 pm

ThreeYears wrote:

That's what I remember too. Started freaking out, cuz could not remember "or more" in artifacts.

OP, It might screw you up in 2-4 questions, and even then you might've gotten lucky. I don't think it will be all 6 though.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:23 pm

Ragged wrote:
ThreeYears wrote:

That's what I remember too. Started freaking out, cuz could not remember "or more" in artifacts.

OP, It might screw you up in 2-4 questions, and even then you might've gotten lucky. I don't think it will be all 6 though.

Thank god everyone else agrees it wasn't on the artifacts game.
OP, I initially missed the "at least"/"or more" rule as well, and I think it would've only affected two questions -- I caught it because one question definitely didn't work with the missed rule (I got two "correct" answers, or all wrong answers or something), so I went back and looked at the rules again, and I think it ended up affecting just ONE more answer. So it's two questions at most (to be honest, with my GPA two questions could mean the difference between, say, Columbia and Duke; or even Penn and Georgetown, depending on how I did overall -- whatever, we'll see).

marsilni

Postby marsilni » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:36 pm

The or more rule applied to the last game. The variables H and M had to be separated by 2 or more other variables. Another way to say it is that they had to be separated by at least 2 other variables.

I don't think the artifacts game had any such rule. The last question asked for a substitute rule and I believe the answer I picked had something to do with one artifact being ranked somewhere below all but two artifacts, but that's it.

In short, don't cancel because you think you misread a rule on the artifacts game regarding "or more" or "at least." Unless you are actually talking about the fourth game??

thecynic69

Postby thecynic69 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:42 pm

marsilni wrote:The or more rule applied to the last game. The variables H and M had to be separated by 2 or more other variables. Another way to say it is that they had to be separated by at least 2 other variables.

I don't think the artifacts game had any such rule. The last question asked for a substitute rule and I believe the answer I picked had something to do with one artifact being ranked somewhere below all but two artifacts, but that's it.

In short, don't cancel because you think you misread a rule on the artifacts game regarding "or more" or "at least." Unless you are actually talking about the fourth game??

if i were talking about a game on the october lsat, it would be the fourth game.

cloying

Postby cloying » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:03 pm

It was the nurses game.

Don't cancel your score - I caught this late-ish and it only applied to a single question on the game.

ohyouknow

Postby ohyouknow » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:19 pm

I almost wish I was in your situation! I finished the first 3 LG's with 13 minutes to spare and thought I was home free. I gave myself plenty of time to map and because of my misreading the rule looked for limited options. Then I caught the mistake because it didn't work on one of the questions, and had to go back and redo everything. Despite my time cushion I didn't end up finishing the last game and had to blind guess on 2 and educated guess on one more. MAN it makes me so mad, I'm considering canceling as well.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”