Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ttf1867

New

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by ttf1867 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:20 pm

avamango wrote:
ttf1867 wrote:Oh and then she erased about half of her writing section and rewrote it. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.
Uhhh I definitely erased a lot on my writing section... Is that bad?
Apparently if you erase there's a chance that when it gets uploaded as a PDF it will be hard to read whatever you wrote over you erased... but despite what the proctors tell you, I erased last time and my sample looked fine. It was just annoying to observe someone next to you erase an entire page of text. Also, it was the writing sample so who gives a shit.

donnat

New

Post by donnat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:30 pm

At my test center, people were assigned specific rooms. One girl showed up with her cell phone and was told, to her shock, that she would have to leave. The proctor said ( only after she asked) she could could return if she managed to find someone to hold her phone in the next five minutes. I never saw her again, but several people on line behind her heard all this, freaked and ran to ditch their phones, fast. After the test, I saw one guy digging up his phone from a mulch bed outside, where he had hidden it. He was relieved to find it was still there and working fine.

Not LSU, but we had a guy show with no photo, too. As in the earlier post on this thread, they took full possession of his driver's license, but allowed him to take the test.

An older guy taking the test wanted to know if he was allowed to wear his watch on his wrist. He also wanted to know if you were allowed to go back to unanswered questions in the same section :shock:

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:32 pm

donnat wrote:At my test center, people were assigned specific rooms. One girl showed up with her cell phone and was told, to her shock, that she would have to leave. The proctor said ( only after she asked) she could could return if she managed to find someone to hold her phone in the next five minutes. I never saw her again, but several people on line behind her heard all this, freaked and ran to ditch their phones, fast. After the test, I saw one guy digging up his phone from a mulch bed outside, where he had hidden it. He was relieved to find it was still there and working fine.

Not LSU, but we had a guy show with no photo, too. As in the earlier post on this thread, they took full possession of his driver's license, but allowed him to take the test.

An older guy taking the test wanted to know if he was allowed to wear his watch on his wrist. He also wanted to know if you were allowed to go back to unanswered questions in the same section :shock:
Why the fuck didn't people just turn their phones off and leave them in their purse/ pocket. This isn't rocket science.

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:02 pm

ttf1867 wrote:
avamango wrote:
ttf1867 wrote:Oh and then she erased about half of her writing section and rewrote it. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.
Uhhh I definitely erased a lot on my writing section... Is that bad?
Apparently if you erase there's a chance that when it gets uploaded as a PDF it will be hard to read whatever you wrote over you erased... but despite what the proctors tell you, I erased last time and my sample looked fine. It was just annoying to observe someone next to you erase an entire page of text. Also, it was the writing sample so who gives a shit.
I think it's in case you have a badly worn eraser that just creates a lot of smudging, or if you erase too vigorously and end up making stuff on adjacent lines fainter. I erased like crazy and it was fine.

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:17 pm

Desert Fox wrote: Why the fuck didn't people just turn their phones off and leave them in their purse/ pocket. This isn't rocket science.

this............

I really really don't get the honesty of some people, sometimes.......

At my test center, they were confiscating CIGARETTES and CHAPSTICK. I had both items in my pocket, and when i saw them take them away, I thought to myself, I could be honest and say I have cigs and chapstick on me and have them thrown into the trash and wasted or I could keep them in my pocket, not use them, and save $15. So I ughh saved $15 and never used them? Besides, since when were cigarettes and chapstick on the list of prohibted items?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

donnat

New

Post by donnat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:32 pm

I really don't get the honesty of some people, sometimes.......
I think people were pretty paranoid that someone would say something about seeing them with a phone. Justifiably so, too. And they obviously didn't read the instructions or they would have left it in the car or at home in the first place. With so much at stake, who would take the chance?
Last edited by donnat on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curry

Post by Curry » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Desert Fox wrote: Why the fuck didn't people just turn their phones off and leave them in their purse/ pocket. This isn't rocket science.
People are dumbasses. You of all people should know this.

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:34 pm

lakers3peat wrote:

this............

I really really don't get the honesty of some people, sometimes.......

At my test center, they were confiscating CIGARETTES and CHAPSTICK. I had both items in my pocket, and when i saw them take them away, I thought to myself, I could be honest and say I have cigs and chapstick on me and have them thrown into the trash and wasted or I could keep them in my pocket, not use them, and save $15. So I ughh saved $15 and never used them? Besides, since when were cigarettes and chapstick on the list of prohibted items?
I'd have put them in my bag and said they were my snack. The chapstick would definitely be edible, and a cigarette is like a little meal in a paper stick.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:35 pm

As Giorno Verde said in song- Everybody knows, that the world is full of stupid people

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

donnat

New

Post by donnat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:41 pm

I'm surprised about the chapstick. Couldn't that be considered under medical or hygiene?

Gizmo

New

Post by Gizmo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:25 pm

donnat wrote: An older guy taking the test wanted to know if he was allowed to wear his watch on his wrist. He also wanted to know if you were allowed to go back to unanswered questions in the same section :shock:
TLS quality material.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=156878
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=156600

platitude

New

Post by platitude » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:29 pm

It always baffles me when people don't realize that you can just hide things in your clothes. I had a coworker who used to stash her phone in her bra. I'd already decided that if I had to get to campus early that day, I'd just bring some preptests to look over, then run up to the top floor of the library and stuff them in a shelf.

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:31 pm

donnat wrote:I'm surprised about the chapstick. Couldn't that be considered under medical or hygiene?
You could claim the cigs are medical too, for treating nicotine dependence.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

splbagel

Bronze

Post by splbagel » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:56 pm

donnat wrote:
I think people were pretty paranoid that someone would say something about seeing them with a phone. Justifiably so, too. And they obviously didn't read the instructions or they would have left it in the car or at home in the first place. With so much at stake, who would take the chance?
Exactly. Sure, you'd probably get away with it -- but if you're caught, you'd be screwed, and it's not like there's any reason for you to bring the phone in the first place. Just leave it at home or in your car!

splbagel

Bronze

Post by splbagel » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:57 pm

donnat wrote:I'm surprised about the chapstick. Couldn't that be considered under medical or hygiene?
I had no problem bringing in chapstick and ibuprophen.

geoduck

Silver

Post by geoduck » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:01 pm

splbagel wrote:
donnat wrote:
Exactly. Sure, you'd probably get away with it -- but if you're caught, you'd be screwed, and it's not like there's any reason for you to bring the phone in the first place. Just leave it at home or in your car!
This is from December, but I rode my bike in so I didn't have a secure place to put it. And I had shit to do afterwards so I needed the phone. So I brought an old phone, popped out the SIM card and SD card, put them in the change pocket in my jeans, and left the phone shell in the underseat bag on my bike. Worked just fine.

citykitty

Bronze

Post by citykitty » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:07 pm

splbagel wrote:
I put lip balm in my ziploc. Not a problem.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:23 pm

joebloe wrote:
damn, you beat me to it

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:00 pm

splbagel wrote:
Shit, I had Adderall and ibuprofen in a prescription bottle for Tramadol (disclaimer: I have valid prescriptions for all of the above).

tanzie

New

Post by tanzie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:39 pm

joebloe wrote:
ahahah such a good point. I totally threw mine out! :(

FantasticMrFox

Silver

Post by FantasticMrFox » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:45 pm

joebloe wrote:
splbagel wrote:
Shit, I had Adderall and ibuprofen in a prescription bottle for Tramadol (disclaimer: I have valid prescriptions for all of the above).
lol sounds...sketchy

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

superhands

New

Post by superhands » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:55 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote: TLS is like fight club: never talk about TLS.
So true

KShip

New

Post by KShip » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:18 am

First post.

I took the June LSAT this week. There were 3 people that did not know their SSN. They were allowed to go outside and call their mothers durin the break using the proctor's cell.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:20 am

KShip wrote: I took the June LSAT this week. There were 3 people that did not know their SSN. They were allowed to go outside and call their mothers durin the break using the proctor's cell.
:lol: :lol: That is so precious.

glucose101

Bronze

Post by glucose101 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:46 am

how do ppl--esp future lawyers--not know their SSNs?!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”