Overheard at the LSAT

Kretzy

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Kretzy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:20 pm

lakers3peat wrote:5-how should we be writing the year? i've been using 4 digits.

Did anyone else read this in Zach Galifinakis' voice?

"Is this test center pager-friendly?"

FantasticMrFox

Re: Ann Arbor

Postby FantasticMrFox » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:21 pm

OV2MI wrote:a guy asked me (while in line).."so what strategy do you use for those..what are they called?"

ME "Test questions?"

... :?: were you being sassy? :x (doesn't really get how the person knowing "logic games" made him an employee of the companies)

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:21 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:Not joking this shocking exchange actually happened yesterday:

random girl: "So they do the same test every time right?"

me: "huh?"

random girl: "Like they don't change any of the questions for each test, so its the same one as last year?"

me: Blank stare

O_o What is this I don't even. How do people this dumb exist.

Hunterrhoid

Postby Hunterrhoid » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:and Crumpets I feel your pain. We were definitely in the same room if in addition to the "A space" problem she called "5 minutes remain" *mass panic and scribbling* One minute later: "Ohh, errr...nine minutes remains"

Hahha unfortunately no, that did not happen. We switched proctors somewhere during the test and it was an asian lady instead of the original old fat dude who gave us trouble with the A0 stuff. I wish my room had been more amusing, the only other funny thing was some aspie kid sitting next to me who asked 29348234832 questions x_X He's the one who started the whole A0/AO debate, and he kept chuckling under his breath really loudly and making super loud and awkward comments to himself about it.

Oh, and he also only brought 1 pencil. e_e When he saw I brought like 7, he was like "Oh wow you are so much more prepared than me..." It was awkward.

Haha as awkward as me standing in line with three Cooley hopefuls and a Cooley 1L? He was talking about how rough law school is (sometimes you have to read 80 pages for the next class!!! haha) and without thinking I said "Yea I just read somewhere that the average student at T10 studies 7 hours a day outside of class but I'm just gonna try not to think about that when I send out my apps." My internal dialogue was like Shit! You are not talking to TLSers here. Way to sound like "that girl". Excuuuuse me everybody, MAKE WAY FOR QUEEN DOUCHE

Haha! I had this guy behind me who decided it 'fuck it' and went full douche.

Girl in line had asked me if I felt prepared. I said, "Yes, I feel very prepared." She asked how long I'd been studying: "7 months."
"Wow. I just registered for it on the last day of registration, and I put in about two weeks, and I studied a lot, but sometimes I got tired."
"Oh."
"I think it's a good strategy to avoid all the stress, by not taking it so seriously."
Dude right behind us leans in: "What the fuck? Sounds to me like a strategy for avoiding the correct answers."

I want to call him an asshole, but I was thinking the same thing.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Hunterrhoid wrote:Haha! I had this guy behind me who decided it 'fuck it' and went full douche.

Girl in line had asked me if I felt prepared. I said, "Yes, I feel very prepared." She asked how long I'd been studying: "7 months."
"Wow. I just registered for it on the last day of registration, and I put in about two weeks, and I studied a lot, but sometimes I got tired."
"Oh."
"I think it's a good strategy to avoid all the stress, by not taking it so seriously."
Dude right behind us leans in: "What the fuck? Sounds to me like a strategy for avoiding the correct answers."

I want to call him an asshole, but I was thinking the same thing.

HAHAHAHAHHAA. That is a fucking hilarious response. I'm a terrible person for laughing, but seriously. :oops: :lol:

OV2MI

Re: Ann Arbor

Postby OV2MI » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:35 pm

... :?: were you being sassy? :x (doesn't really get how the person knowing "logic games" made him an employee of the companies)

ha no I wasn't being sassy, he literally walked up and asked that. I just replied with test questions to make sure thats what he was referring to.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:35 pm

Girl: "I heard the writing section is like, weighted the most in admissions. It's the first thing schools see when they look at your application."

Me: (bored, so I went with it...) "Oh... yea? Damn, I'm nervous now.... I hardly even prepared for it!"

Girl: "Really? Wow... how did you study? Did you even know what to study?"

Me: "I dunno, I only really practiced LR, LG, and RC. I really hope I manage to pull out an amazing writing section though."

Girl: "Yea... well good luck with that (condescending)"

Me: (In my head) Image

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Deuce wrote:Girl: "I heard the writing section is like, weighted the most in admissions. It's the first thing schools see when they look at your application."

Me: (bored, so I went with it...) "Oh... yea? Damn, I'm nervous now.... I hardly even prepared for it!"

Me: "I dunno, I only really practiced LR, LG, and RC. I really hope I manage to pull out an amazing writing section though."

Me: (In my head) Image

Oh my god I almost split my side reading this.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Deuce wrote:Girl: "I heard the writing section is like, weighted the most in admissions. It's the first thing schools see when they look at your application."

Me: (In my head)

I could never do something like that. My laughter would give it all away. This is gold.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:44 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
I could never do something like that. My laughter would give it all away. This is gold.

I play poker fairly often :lol:

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:46 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:

+1. The best part is the "Did you even know what to study?"

:roll: :lol:

davesmystery

Postby davesmystery » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:47 pm

The first thing I laughed at was how many people showed up to the test without anything in their hands, thinking to themselves: "yep, I'm good to go".

One guy had like ten pencils in his bag, all brand new never sharpened and had to borrow a pencil because he didn't have a sharpener. Were you planning on stabbing the test with a blunt pencil until caved in and did what you wanted?

Before check in, the supervisor had to call LSAC to ask if it was okay if the people had their "electronic" car keys with them.

While waiting in line I heard this:

Fratdouche1: Bro! You're taking this too?
Fratdouche2: Yeah man!
Fratdouche1: So are you gonna go to law school?
Fratdouche2: I dunno man, I figured I would just take it and see how it goes, what about you?
Fratdouche1: Same here man, I just don't want to get a job.
Fratdouche2: I know right? And how could you turn down the opportunity for 3 more years of partying?
Fratdouche1: I was thinking the same thing!
Fratdouche2: Did you study at all?
Fratdouche1: Nah, I got some notes from (Bro's name) who took it last year, it seems pretty chill.
Fratdouche2: Yeah, (Bro's name) told me the same!

davesmystery

Postby davesmystery » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Hunterrhoid that was the best thing I've heard all day, I want to be like that guy.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:49 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:

"I don't know man, I just, like, totally studied some calculus for a couple hours just in case."

YaSvoboden

Postby YaSvoboden » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:50 pm

Tagging for October. I should have some good stories where I am taking it.

dpk711

Postby dpk711 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:51 pm

YaSvoboden wrote:Tagging for October. I should have some good stories where I am taking it.

If you guys don't just make them up. I'm having a good time with this thread regardless.

FantasticMrFox

Postby FantasticMrFox » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:52 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:

:lol: totally hahaha

gaud

Postby gaud » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:53 pm

guy: "Why does it take 3-4 weeks to grade?"

other guy: "It takes them so long because they have to hand grade the written section."

me: "You're an idiot."

FantasticMrFox

Postby FantasticMrFox » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:02 pm

dpk711 wrote:
YaSvoboden wrote:Tagging for October. I should have some good stories where I am taking it.

If you guys don't just make them up. I'm having a good time with this thread regardless.

Yup, sometimes this thread makes me feel like I'm reading fmls or damnyouautocorrects. Still makes me laugh though :)

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:03 pm

gaud wrote:guy: "Why does it take 3-4 weeks to grade?"

other guy: "It takes them so long because they have to hand grade the written section."

me: "You're an idiot."

Why does it take 3-4 weeks anyway?

GeneralPeckem

Postby GeneralPeckem » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:26 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
6thbackstreetboy wrote:Not joking this shocking exchange actually happened yesterday:

random girl: "So they do the same test every time right?"

me: "huh?"

random girl: "Like they don't change any of the questions for each test, so its the same one as last year?"

me: Blank stare

O_o What is this I don't even. How do people this dumb exist.

Did you ever notice that? How many really stupid people you run into during the day?
Goddam there's a lot of stupid bastards walking around.
Carry a little pad and pencil with you. You'll wind up with thirty or forty names by the end of the day.
Look at it this way: Think of how stupid the average person is - and then realize that half of them are stupider than that! And it doesn't take you very long to spot one of them does it? Take you about eight seconds. You'll be listening to some guy...you say..."this guy is fucking stupid!"
(George Carlin)

Half of test takers score's will not exceed 151. Nearly all of them have or will complete an undergraduate degree. How is this possible?

john1990

Postby john1990 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:35 pm

When you consider that many schools curve tests to a B+, and that all you need to graduate from college is a 2.0 (and you can drop classes) its no suprise that stupid people can float through and grab a 4 year degree

Audio Technica Guy

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:41 pm

lsatter wrote:In an effort to get back on topic...

"It's a curved test, so it's better for me if you do badly. Bad luck, guys."

I wasn't sure if I should be impressed or scared.

I don't know if this is well known around here, but the curve is 99% set prior to the administration, based on the results from when the questions were experimental.

gens1tb

Postby gens1tb » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:46 pm

It's well known that the test is 'equated' before test day, I guess.

I'm kind of jealous of some of your test center experiences, mine was completely unremarkable.

espressocream

Postby espressocream » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:16 pm

davesmystery wrote:The first thing I laughed at was how many people showed up to the test without anything in their hands, thinking to themselves: "yep, I'm good to go".

One guy had like ten pencils in his bag, all brand new never sharpened and had to borrow a pencil because he didn't have a sharpener. Were you planning on stabbing the test with a blunt pencil until caved in and did what you wanted?

This.

I took the test at my school in a building I had classes in. So when we walked into a room where the flip up desks were basically nonexistent (seriously, I would've had my test in my lap) -I asked the proctor if we could move to a different room and this guy goes "what, you need 8ft of desk space?". The rest of the room was relieved when we got the other room where the answer sheet, test booklet, analog watch, pencils, et al fit quite nicely within three feet; but that guy - argh. Wanted to slap him.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”