Overheard at the LSAT

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby mattviphky » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Guy 1: i really have to use the bathroom.
Guy 2: just wait a little bit, there is a 15 minute break between each section, so hang out for like half an hour

User avatar
MrBain_
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby MrBain_ » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:29 pm

A guy said he was a somkinda science somthin prof. at the school and he needed a career change,
Science guy: "The Science field just isn't stable"
Me: "Yea, good thing the law field is"

Not sure if he was foes about being a prof. or not, but he looked like one. also,

Girl at the break talking to another girl: "They said it test logical thinking, but its really just... basic thinking"

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:41 pm

jortiz682 wrote:People behind me in line: "Yeah I took it last February" "Oh yeah me too how'd you do?" "134" "Yeah I got a 138 but I didn't study."

Image

User avatar
gggrra
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby gggrra » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:42 pm

mattviphky wrote:Guy 1: i really have to use the bathroom.
Guy 2: just wait a little bit, there is a 15 minute break between each section, so hang out for like half an hour


lol. I bet guy 1 hated guy 2 a little after the 3rd section...

User avatar
dpk711
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby dpk711 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:42 pm

superhands wrote:This thread is full of undeserved elitism. Yet I cannot bear to tear myself away.

Should I call the wambulance?

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby omninode » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:58 pm

dpk711 wrote:
superhands wrote:This thread is full of undeserved elitism. Yet I cannot bear to tear myself away.

Should I call the wambulance?


Call a scrambulance and get on it.









Please accept my apologies for that dumb joke. I've had a long day.

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Not enough new stories!
--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby lakers3peat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:29 pm

man there was this one guy at my center(a really really small one) that was just driving me nuts. here's a list of all the dumb things he said to me today.

1-i held the elevator for him and he runs up with a grocery bag. hey is this kind of bag allowed? no i dont think so but they might let it slide.

2-man i did not study at ALL for this, just want to see how i'll do.

3-oh they take passports? shoot I brought my drivers license only.

4-man my picture looks like a mug shot

5-how should we be writing the year? i've been using 4 digits.

6-can we leave when we are done or do we have to wait?

7-can i keep my wallet in my pocket or put it under the desk?


i think theres more but I cant even remember... i've never seen somone so clueless about the LSAT before taking it... he was my sole confidence booster, knowing that these kinds of people are taking the exam with me.

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby citykitty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:30 pm

lakers3peat wrote:man there was this one guy at my center(a really really small one) that was just driving me nuts. here's a list of all the dumb things he said to me today.

1-i held the elevator for him and he runs up with a grocery bag. hey is this kind of bag allowed? no i dont think so but they might let it slide.

2-man i did not study at ALL for this, just want to see how i'll do.

3-oh they take passports? shoot I brought my drivers license only.

4-man my picture looks like a mug shot

5-how should we be writing the year? i've been using 4 digits.

6-can we leave when we are done or do we have to wait?

7-can i keep my wallet in my pocket or put it under the desk?


i think theres more but I cant even remember... i've never seen somone so clueless about the LSAT before taking it... he was my sole confidence booster, knowing that these kinds of people are taking the exam with me.


This is why 50th percentile is what a 151. People like this.

User avatar
coldshoulder
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby coldshoulder » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:31 pm

The entire room waited about 15 minutes for one guy to write out that paragraph on the back of the answer sheet. He was this hipster-looking douchebag with slicked hair. We all kept looking back at him, like, wtf asshole?

Also, had a guy tell me that he was "aiming for a great school like Cooley."
Facepalm.

platitude
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby platitude » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:34 pm

Hm...let's see.

The guy beside me raised his hand and asked if a clock was behind the projector screen. When the proctor said no, he started half muttering that it was "so f*cking stupid" that they didn't provide a clock, all the while looking around like the rest of us were going to suddenly jump up and join him in his protest. When that failed, he started demanding to know why they didn't tell us to bring a watch. (I practically spit at him that if he'd read his ticket he'd have known there might not be a clock. His response? "...f*cking stupid.")

There was also a girl who didn't have a picture on her ticket. I think they cut out the photo on her license and taped it on.

Then there was the genius who was bubbling after time was called. Not immediately after, either. This was when the proctors were gathering up the booklets. He was caught by the proctor collecting his test. He was sitting in the middle of the second or third column, so not exactly a surprise when the guy came up behind him. All I could think was, "Dude, you realize you just blew $139 trying to make up for a couple of lost points?"

There were a couple of gems before check-in that I could also include, but then I'd just sound sound catty. ;)

darkatillam2
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby darkatillam2 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:35 pm

Guy 1: How long have you been studying for?

Guy 2: like a month, but really started studying intensely in the last four days.

Guy 1: Nice! me too. What are you hoping for?

Guy 2: Something in the 160s.

Guy 1: Ah nice, same.

Me: How many practice tests have you guys done?

Guy 1 & 2: none really.

Me: none timed?

Guy 1 & 2: No. No full test in general.

Me: Goodluck.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby sarahlawg » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:39 pm

platitude wrote:I think they cut out the photo on her license and taped it on.


:shock: say what

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby citykitty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:41 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
platitude wrote:I think they cut out the photo on her license and taped it on.


:shock: say what


That actually seems like a rather brilliant idea to me. Rather than waste the prep and have to take in October. Getting a duplicate license is easy. You just say you lost it and pay like $20.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby traehekat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:41 pm

oh god thats right, you miserable souls took the lsat the other day. thank god, i love this thread. there better be some good ones...

User avatar
Bashy
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:59 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Bashy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:44 pm

darkatillam2 wrote:Guy 1: How long have you been studying for?

Guy 2: like a month, but really started studying intensely in the last four days.

Guy 1: Nice! me too. What are you hoping for?

Guy 2: Something in the 160s.

Guy 1: Ah nice, same.

Me: How many practice tests have you guys done?

Guy 1 & 2: none really.

Me: none timed?

Guy 1 & 2: No. No full test in general.

Me: Goodluck.


Hahaha! I can't imagine how rigorous a "month" of studying is without any actual practice tests...

No fun stories to offer from my exam, but I was surprised/distracted by the abnormal number of hotties in my testing room.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby sarahlawg » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:50 pm

citykitty wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:
platitude wrote:I think they cut out the photo on her license and taped it on.


:shock: say what


That actually seems like a rather brilliant idea to me. Rather than waste the prep and have to take in October. Getting a duplicate license is easy. You just say you lost it and pay like $20.


I mean, if they're going to let her do that...why not just tape the whole license?

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby citykitty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:51 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
citykitty wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:
platitude wrote:I think they cut out the photo on her license and taped it on.


:shock: say what


That actually seems like a rather brilliant idea to me. Rather than waste the prep and have to take in October. Getting a duplicate license is easy. You just say you lost it and pay like $20.


I mean, if they're going to let her do that...why not just tape the whole license?



I don't think it would fit in the 2x2" box. Mine is wider than 2".

User avatar
glewz
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby glewz » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:52 pm

platitude wrote:There were a couple of gems before check-in that I could also include, but then I'd just sound sound catty. ;)


pray tell us, what were those gems?

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby sarahlawg » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:53 pm

citykitty wrote:
I don't think it would fit in the 2x2" box. Mine is wider than 2".


ohisee..the paper is submitted to lsac or something? :roll: such an "okay, fuck it" decision...glad they let her test! hope it didn't make her anxious throughout

platitude
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby platitude » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:53 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
citykitty wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:
platitude wrote:I think they cut out the photo on her license and taped it on.


:shock: say what


That actually seems like a rather brilliant idea to me. Rather than waste the prep and have to take in October. Getting a duplicate license is easy. You just say you lost it and pay like $20.


I mean, if they're going to let her do that...why not just tape the whole license?


It was the proctor's idea. I thought he was joking. Apparently not.

I assume they wanted to cut it because the ticket specifies that the photo has to fit inside the box, plus they had scissors with them.

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby citykitty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:56 pm

platitude wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:I mean, if they're going to let her do that...why not just tape the whole license?


It was the proctor's idea. I thought he was joking. Apparently not.

I assume they wanted to cut it because the ticket specifies that the photo has to fit inside the box, plus they had scissors with them.


I don't get the big deal. If the photo from the license is larger than 1x1" and smaller than 2x2", then it seems like a great idea to me. Better than the poor sap who got turned away from my testing center. I'd rather cut up my license than wait until October, if it were me in that situation.

User avatar
zozin
Posts: 3733
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby zozin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Our head proctor didn't clearly announce to the room that we had to sign the front of the test after section 5. After the writing sample, she was ready to let everyone go, but remember that some of us didn't sign the book... Some of us included like 40/80 people... which she called up individually by name to sign the god damned thing... that look 20 extra minutes.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby wtrc » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:07 pm

jortiz682 wrote:People behind me in line: "Yeah I took it last February" "Oh yeah me too how'd you do?" "134" "Yeah I got a 138 but I didn't study."


It's interesting. Even though the 134 and 138 seems so ridiculous to many of us, the same number of people get those as people that get like in the upper 160's (top 4% vs. top 96%.) It's just weird because I know a few people that have gotten upper 140's, but never really met anyone in the 130's. I def. know more people that have cracked 167 than people that have gotten in the 140's... anyone here know any 130ers or low 140ers?

User avatar
Darko86
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Darko86 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:20 pm

platitude wrote:Hm...let's see.

The guy beside me raised his hand and asked if a clock was behind the projector screen. When the proctor said no, he started half muttering that it was "so f*cking stupid" that they didn't provide a clock, all the while looking around like the rest of us were going to suddenly jump up and join him in his protest. When that failed, he started demanding to know why they didn't tell us to bring a watch. (I practically spit at him that if he'd read his ticket he'd have known there might not be a clock. His response? "...f*cking stupid.")

There was also a girl who didn't have a picture on her ticket. I think they cut out the photo on her license and taped it on.

Then there was the genius who was bubbling after time was called. Not immediately after, either. This was when the proctors were gathering up the booklets. He was caught by the proctor collecting his test. He was sitting in the middle of the second or third column, so not exactly a surprise when the guy came up behind him. All I could think was, "Dude, you realize you just blew $139 trying to make up for a couple of lost points?"

There were a couple of gems before check-in that I could also include, but then I'd just sound sound catty. ;)


:) Took it at LSU? Yup, the license bit was great. Glad to see there is someone else from the area on here.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CHyde, RPlatt85 and 8 guests