Overheard at the LSAT

SnoDog

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby SnoDog » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:26 pm

Man... Some of these are unbelievable.. Are you guys all serious that you witnessed this stuff?

Today at my testing center there wasn't anything hilarious or unusual.. Although now I really wished there had been. It would have boosted my confidence as well as put me in a more relaxed mood for the test. :mrgreen:

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Forgot - my massive ziplock bag was sticking out from under my chair and the proctor tripped over it when he was picking up our materials before break.

ATR

Postby ATR » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:16 am

February 2011 LSATers need to collectively step their game up ITT. You guys have contributed essentially nothing to this otherwise amazing thread.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:17 am

ATR wrote:February 2011 LSATers need to collectively step their game up ITT. You guys have contributed essentially nothing to this otherwise amazing thread.

Maybe they can't disclose what they overheard?

butter33

Postby butter33 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:19 am

the guy in front of me was moaning the whole test. i really have no other word to describe the noises he was making.

Tainted_Praise

Postby Tainted_Praise » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:20 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Forgot - my massive ziplock bag was sticking out from under my chair and the proctor tripped over it when he was picking up our materials before break.

bahahaha I literally laughed out loud when I read this...

Tainted_Praise

Postby Tainted_Praise » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:21 am

beachbum wrote:
ATR wrote:February 2011 LSATers need to collectively step their game up ITT. You guys have contributed essentially nothing to this otherwise amazing thread.

I honestly think it has to do with the fact that a lot of serious LSAT takers... Like those on this forum... Don't take the LSAT in feb as much as they do other months... At least that's what it seemed like at my testing site today....

I asked 5 people what they were aiming for... All of their answers were some version of

"Oooo I dunno, just winging it. I'll see what I get."

akili

Postby akili » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:23 am

beachbum wrote:

I LOLed

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:22 am

Tainted_Praise wrote:
beachbum wrote:

I honestly think it has to do with the fact that a lot of serious LSAT takers... Like those on this forum... Don't take the LSAT in feb as much as they do other months... At least that's what it seemed like at my testing site today....

I asked 5 people what they were aiming for... All of their answers were some version of

Does that mean that those of us who care will have better chances at decent scores? I had a guy in front of me saying that he barely woke up in time

Tainted_Praise

Postby Tainted_Praise » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:09 am

jdfrisby wrote:
Tainted_Praise wrote:
beachbum wrote:

Does that mean that those of us who care will have better chances at decent scores? I had a guy in front of me saying that he barely woke up in time

*shrugs* some people could just be natural 180's.... but. I doubt that stands for the majority.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:32 am

Oh HEL-LO there hawt 'tar.

kazu

Postby kazu » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:51 am

akili wrote:
beachbum wrote:

I LOLed

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:29 am

I think another problem is just a lot of the common stuff has been exhausted. I could tell you about the hour long chat I had at my administration with the girl who wants to go to Harvard and feels pretty good because on the practice test she took she got half the questions right, but that story has been told a million times already. At this point, the only stories worth posting are the really crazy ones, which there's just naturally gonna be fewer of.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Fewer people take the February test anyway, so the number of stories is naturally going to be down.

paul34

Postby paul34 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Last edited by paul34 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:48 pm

paul34 wrote:Everyone I saw seemed like they actually followed the directions, but then, I only had six people in my particular room. They split it up by last names at my testing center. We took over an entire building at my UG university. Worked out well, though, lots of desk space... and our proctor was good.

One of the girls in my room ran up to the door probably right at 8:30 (wasn't really late, but RIGHT on time), panting, speaking loudly about how she was thought it was at some other place and rushed back over to this place. The test building had changed, but tehy sent out an e-mail probably about 2-3 weeks previously? I didn't know people printed out admission tickets nearly a month in advance and never checked it again. Oh well.

For the rest of the time, I purposefully tuned everyone else out. I tried not to listen to anyone, especially during the break. I thought about talking to some of the people in my room, but then thought better of it. I basically isolated myself so that I wouldn't be thinking about a particular conversation or attractive female during sections 4 and 5.

So ultimately, I overheard nothing, really... because I did not listen.

Super.

paul34

Postby paul34 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:57 pm

Last edited by paul34 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

LLB2JD

Postby LLB2JD » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:04 pm

paul34 wrote:Everyone I saw seemed like they actually followed the directions, but then, I only had six people in my particular room. They split it up by last names at my testing center. We took over an entire building at my UG university. Worked out well, though, lots of desk space... and our proctor was good.

One of the girls in my room ran up to the door probably right at 8:30 (wasn't really late, but RIGHT on time), panting, speaking loudly about how she was thought it was at some other place and rushed back over to this place. The test building had changed, but tehy sent out an e-mail probably about 2-3 weeks previously? I didn't know people printed out admission tickets nearly a month in advance and never checked it again. Oh well.

For the rest of the time, I purposefully tuned everyone else out. I tried not to listen to anyone, especially during the break. I thought about talking to some of the people in my room, but then thought better of it. I basically isolated myself so that I wouldn't be thinking about a particular conversation or attractive female during sections 4 and 5.

Boooooooo

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:16 pm

LLB2JD wrote:

Boooooooo

we boo now, but once he/ she gets the 170+- theyll be the ones laughing then...

benito

Postby benito » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:
beachbum wrote:

yeah I think thats very true, all around me people were asking questions like "how long does this test take" or even "is there really a section that doesn't count".......how people just kinda show up for a test like this is beyond me

LLB2JD

Postby LLB2JD » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:12 pm

northwood wrote:
LLB2JD wrote:

Boooooooo

we boo now, but once he/ she gets the 170+- theyll be the ones laughing then...

And if s/he doesn't, it'll be a fail both ways

Tainted_Praise

Postby Tainted_Praise » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:37 pm

benito wrote:
Tainted_Praise wrote:
beachbum wrote:

yeah I think thats very true, all around me people were asking questions like "how long does this test take" or even "is there really a section that doesn't count".......how people just kinda show up for a test like this is beyond me

well-hello-there

Postby well-hello-there » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:48 pm

I think I'll go down to my local testing center this june and wait around outside the testing rooms just for the chance to pick up on little snippets like these. I love this thread.

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:46 pm

well-hello-there wrote:I think I'll go down to my local testing center this june and wait around outside the testing rooms just for the chance to pick up on little snippets like these. I love this thread.

Future TLS poster:

"I had a weird experience for my June LSAT. I was in a group talking about the test during the break and some guy said he wasn't actually taking the test, just hanging out talking to test-takers"

:lol:

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:53 pm

This might be my favorite thread as well

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”